MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

New seat-fabric colours on MH734

With retro seat colours, MH is doing a good job to remind us that it is using old vintage equipment that is harmonious with the 70s look. Maybe the crew should wear the old brown coloured kebayas of the 70s to match...."We'll treat you like gold"? (by stuffing you in a safe?)

I hope this trial is a failure - it's just horrible.

Btw that picture is on -MML. I know MMQ has it too, so that's 2 aircraft so far.

Edited by Mushrif A

Someone should copy and paste the picture in A.net QF 380 thread.

Edited by Isaac

it looked so unprofessional..so horrible and aweful...

MH really likes to give surprises...1st is kotak makanan ringan...now with this COLORFUL seats...

Some members may say, "Old aircrafts complain, old seats complain, now we give new seats (cover only) also complain. MW members always comlpain!" The problem is, why resort for something uglier than the current seats' colour? How would something hideous, freak of nature like that don't initiate complains?

Someone should copy and paste the picture in A.net QF 380 thread.

Let do the opposite.

This is the much complained QF's new A380 seats (in red colour, not the puke green one).

DSC_5305.jpg

DSC_5321.jpg

(Pictures are from Sam Chui)

Which one is uglier? Ours or QF's? At least QF's are new seats with new functions.

It resembles the interior of the 737-200 Adv. of some low cost Indonesian or African airlines ..... way to go MAS!

Excuse me! You are offending the Indonesian LCCs.

Some cabin shots of Indonesian LCCs.

Batavia Air

DSC04403.jpg

DSC01786.jpg

Sriwijaya Air

DSC01438.jpg

DSC04557.jpg

As you can see, their seats don't look like Smarties.

The color make MAS looks more like a charter holiday airline, not a 5 stars airline. Imagine if they install these colors in 777 and 747, eeewwww....Since their financial condition is improved, they should hire a designer.

Just don't hire Marc Newson! Oh Lord, please I am begging you. Let's pray together.

p/s I wonder what's the meaning behind each colours... Because referring to QF's controversial A380 seats:

Designer's interpretation:

QANTAS Airlines' first A380 super jumbo reflects a distinctly Australian image, with furnishings reflecting the hues of our native landscape. On show are the reds of the soil in the outback, the burnt amber of ripening wheat, the green of coastal pastures, the chocolate of the mountains and the taupe tones of our endless coast.

A.Net's interpretation:

Y-Class is puke-green (just think if you feed your baby mashed pea or strained spinach baby food and it pukes, the stain will be entirely hidden), C-Class is dried-blood-red (something along "Ayers Rock Red" would have looked better), F-Class looks like fabric that would have been used for making clothing otherwise.

Last but not least, I never expect the same fiasco that happened in A.Net about seats (referring to the landmark QF's A380 seats thread which now had 48,000 hits!) happened in MW.

I hope this trial is a failure - it's just horrible.

We already have a precedent. Remember the snackbox thingy

Excuse me! You are offending the Indonesian LCCs.

Some cabin shots of Indonesian LCCs.

Batavia Air

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/9MM...ew/DSC04403.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/9MM...ew/DSC01786.jpg

Sriwijaya Air

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/9MM...ew/DSC01438.jpg

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o10/9MM...ew/DSC04557.jpg

As you can see, their seats don't look like Smarties.

Sorry bro, but to be honest, even Indonesian LCC seats are a bit better. Sorry to say that :sorry:

Honestly the seat covers of MAS in the 1980s are much better albeit colourful (in green, red and yellow) on the B737-200 Adv, although my personal favourite is the A300B4's brown and green with leafy patterns. (BC Tam's favourite? :D)

Edited by Jonathan Kong

Let's see if I can board 9M-MMQ to SBW on this saturday...

Hehe :rolleyes:

Edited by Michael Chai

EEEEWW! EEEEWW! EEEEWW!..... MW members like to complain on everyting. Partly true. But this one is the ultimate exception. Deserved not to just complain, but should be condemned as well...

Makes MH 'looks' cheap..... ewwww! ewww! eeewww!

Believe MH is moving toward the following product/grade colour code;

Red- First Class, is

Blue- Business, ls

Green- Cattle Class, cc

Orange- Firefly

Why all four colour in 734 cattle class? May be variety is spices of life ;)

:drinks:

Well at first glance i thought it was awful. flame me for this but i dont think the colours are that repulsive. I think its the order of colours that don't seem to have a real pattern to it and unless they reaarange the seats to some obvious pattern, to the layman it looks random.

Right now its

red red orange

green red red

orange blue blue

blue blue green

alternating double rows of twin red and blue seats with the odd orange and green.

if they rearrange it, it might look better. the new colours are beginning to grow on me though. :p

..... the A300B4's brown and green with leafy patterns. (BC Tam's favourite? :D)

:blink: :blink:

Possibly true way back then - youthful naivety must have been a factor

I'm leaning towards possibility of colour blindness during that stage of my life though :)

Kueh lapis...

:rofl: :rofl:

:good:

Just trial right? No way in hell anyone would accept this color.

haha, who's idea laaa

I hope so, jani. I mean when FA's report acute eye sickness and pax suffering from dizziness, then i hope, I HOPE, they come to their senses and change it for more subtle, classy ones. Then shoot whoever suggested this in the beginning.

Here's an idea to MAS people: Do a frakking survey like you (supposedly) did for the frakking snekboks. Have passengers tick next to the seat design picture that they like most. C'mon, colour photostat and A4 paper is not that expensive.

Having an online survey would be even cheaper.

Maybe they can straight away have a small questionnaire to whoever books online tickets.

Or again (as in snackbox debacles), perhaps their 1,000,000+ Enrich members who have been supporting them all these years?

Believe MH is moving toward the following product/grade colour code;

Red- First Class, is

Blue- Business, ls

Green- Cattle Class, cc

Orange- Firefly

Why all four colour in 734 cattle class? May be variety is spices of life ;)

:drinks:

But the C seats are bright red on -MMQ, and I believe on -MML too.

Maybe they hired kindy kids to be their designer and paid them with those lollies.. :blink: