MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
SamuelCooley

AK Boarding music

Fill me up by Shawn Colvin

All rise by blue

For you I will by Teddy Geiger (some time ago)

I can;t seem to remember the rest though. They're pretty familiar but I can't recall them

I remember listening to:

Blue - All Rise

Leann Rimes - Can;t Fight The Moonlight

the customized station reminds me of shopping in Giant Hypermarket hehe

they have 3 pre-recorded tracks where each run for up to 50 minutes. i don't know how to list out all of them...there's just tooo many! :D :D

haha i think you should try :p

id owe you big time!

1st onboard AK..knowing they have own in-flight radio station especially during T/O-landing....same as McD..different from MH(sentimental song)...for me prefere in-flight radio station(lates hits)

only remember on my return flights to BKI from KCH, they play the x'mas music. other than that, didn't notice they play any music. :sorry:

1st onboard AK..knowing they have own in-flight radio station especially during T/O-landing....same as McD..different from MH(sentimental song)...for me prefere in-flight radio station(lates hits)

I'm not a big fan of MH tunes, reminds me of elevator-ish music. V boring. AK tunes, sounds like straight out of some pop hitz that gets over played on the radio, you know the kind that all the tweens go for, know the lyrics by heart, sorry but it's just not my thing.

Back when Tyrolean Air was still flying about, they played "St Germain", a track from the "tourist" album for boarding. It was quite a surprise for 2 reasons, 1 it wasn't some corporate elevator music, or even worse tacky Austrian yodel, 2 it was a group that I really like being played! Made my trip! Now that's a good boarding music! Something relaxing, something chilled out.

Usually however, I recommend getting an mp3 player, ipod, discman/walkman what have you and create your own boarding music. Pretty nice to board and blast off with Felix da housecat or John Coltrane, Sebelius (whatever does it for you) tunes in the background. It's especially nice to drown out potential babies wailing away, or satan's monkey next to you with the most urgent and pressing need for a uvulopalatopharyngoplasty procedure as the sound from his snorring get's to the point of being louder than those shiny turbofans on the left wing!

Anyways since were talking about AK here, I see further down the line, in the V. near future, that they'll use much more ads in place of boarding music. Soon you'll be boarding to jiggles of the latest pantyliner or deodorant. That's so the next cheap thing that AK is bound to do.

... or satan's monkey next to you with the most urgent and pressing need for a uvulopalatopharyngoplasty procedure as the sound from his snorring get's to the point of being louder than those shiny turbofans on the left wing!

Get me outta heree!!!!

AK has 3 pre-recorded "radio stations" onboard. each of them runs between 40-50mins. each channel has diff songs ranging from english,malay and even chinese song. somehow the malay n chinese number is kinda limited. the malay songs tat i can rmb are Gemilang-Jacklyn Victor , Hijau-Zainal Abidin. Also a few english songs that i can rmb are Sway-Michael Buble, Cant Fight The Moonlight-Leanne Rimes, All Rise-Blue, This Love-Maroon5, For You I Will-Teddy Geiger. Too many to rmb! :lol:

Gemilang-Jaclyn Victor, This Love-Maroon5, Never Had a Dream Come True-S-club7 , 心太软 -richie ren...i only remember these few songs.

I was delighted to hear Reo Speedwagon's 'Can't Fight This Feeling' on my recent AK flight. Brought back memories of the mid 1980s. AK music rocks!

Sign in to follow this