MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azri M.

PERTH in AK website!

AirAsia offers free seats for KL-Perth :yahoo: :yahoo:

KUALA LUMPUR: From midnight Thursday, 5,000 free seats will be available for the Perth-Kuala Lumpur flights via AirAsia X.

The free seats up for grabs are for the travel period between Nov 2 and April 30, 2009.

AirAsia X director Datuk Tony Fernandes said the offer was only available for booking on Friday and Saturday and it was in conjunction with the launch of the long haul budget airline's new direct service from KL to Perth, Western Australia.

"From midnight today, you can try to get free seats to Perth. I've already received 27 SMSes from Malaysians and Australians in Perth asking what time they can start booking," he told reporters Thursday after the launch of the long haul destination to Perth here.

He said the average fare to Perth would be under RM400 including fuel surcharge and the return fare for business class seats was about RM2,000.

"Many people have been asking when we are going to Perth. It has the largest Malaysian student population and Malaysians and Singaporeans living there. Our dream of turning Malaysia into a hub for people flying around South-East Asia destinations is also becoming a reality."

Perth is the airline's third international destination following its launch to Hangzhou, China in February this year with five return flights per week and to Gold Coast Australia in November last year with four return flights.

AirAsia X will offer six return flights per week between Perth and KL, and is already planning to increase the flights to daily return flights by March 2009. The airline’s new wide-bodied Airbus A330 aircraft will service the route.

To date, AirAsia X has carried over 50,000 guests between Gold Coast and Kuala Lumpur, and 30,000 between Hangzhou.

- The Star

So you guys got your credit cards out already? And getting ready to pause heavy downloading of other stuff, to clear the broadband pipe? 150min to go ... vroom! ... vroom! ... vroom! :D

Look at this in http://www.thewest.com.au

thewestsmall.jpg?w=219&h=255

The whole space for ads just for Airasia alone. They are really determine to make it work. Prepare for heavy loads in the website tonight. Australian internet penetration is pretty high, believe me.

PAY PEANUTS, GET MALAYSIA!

Edited by Azri M.

I think Ms Jolie is more interesting ... oooopss .. OT, sorry!

If only TF made Ms Jolie wear the red cap..:p hahahhaa..

Lets hope the service ops at a reasonable hour!

Rgds GW

Better be in daylight hour for the inaugural flight and all the subsequent flight. Hehe... then we spotter can take picture. :pardon: Better still if come with water cannon salute. :yahoo:

So you guys got your credit cards out already? And getting ready to pause heavy downloading of other stuff, to clear the broadband pipe? 150min to go ... vroom! ... vroom! ... vroom! :D

Wah ... ada power. So anyone gonna fly down here for spotting ?! :D

Iggy, faster go book ticket and get urself down here. Hahaha...

The timing is quite varied: (I hope you guys can read this. )

Flight No. Departing Arriving Day Departure Time Arrival Time

D72712 Kuala Lumpur Perth 1, 2 01:00 07:50

D72712 Kuala Lumpur Perth 3, 5 23:00 05:50

D72716 Kuala Lumpur Perth 4 17:00 23:50

D72714 Kuala Lumpur Perth 7 08:00 14:50

D72713 Perth Kuala Lumpur 1, 2 09:05 14:05

D72713 Perth Kuala Lumpur 4, 6 07:05 12:05

D72717 Perth Kuala Lumpur 5 01:05 06:05

D72715 Perth Kuala Lumpur 7 16:05 21:05

1-Monday, 2-Tuesday, 3-Wednesday, 4-Thursday, 5-Friday, 6-Saturday, 7-Sunday

http://www.airasia.com/nl/nl080515-en.htm

Edited by Azri M.

Temptinggggggggg!!

Go ahead! Loy Kratong in Chiangmai in mid-Dec, then off to Perth for Xmas + New Year. How cool can a bloke get? :)

Just checked the price. If you get the RM0.00 tix, you are paying, nett:

Going Out Total 246.00 MYR

1 Guest @ 0.00 0.00 MYR

Surcharges, fees & taxes 246.00 MYR

Coming Back Total 361.00 MYR

1 Guest @ 0.00 0.00 MYR

Surcharges, fees & taxes 361.00 MYR

Total Package Price

607.00 MYR

Quite a decent deal. :D

Just checked the price. If you get the RM0.00 tix, you are paying, nett:

Quite a decent deal. :D

very decent indeed, website slow. cant even get into the booking page!! since yesterday <_>

Edited by Ignatius

Website quite fast from Shah Alam. But I'll skip this deal. Perth in summer is hmmmm ... too hot! :D

I think school hols is 14/03/09-22/03/09, according to my reckoning, so disclaimer applies. And plenty of RM0.00 tix for that period. So, take the risk (in case my calculation is off) - treat your kids to a Perth vacation. :)

Website quite fast from Shah Alam. But I'll skip this deal. Perth in summer is hmmmm ... too hot! :D

I think school hols is 14/03/09-22/03/09, according to my reckoning, so disclaimer applies. And plenty of RM0.00 tix for that period. So, take the risk (in case my calculation is off) - treat your kids to a Perth vacation. :)

Perth boringlah hehe... spotting with Kian Hong/Liam/MIR oklah hehe

Yippee!!!! I managed to get onto a RM0.00 fare to PER.

In total with taxes included, I am paying an equivalent of SGD 450.00 (with meals, assigned seats and checked baggage) for a return flight to Perth. Which is really a steal. Now I just have to find my way to KL to catch that flight. <_>

Yippee!!!! I managed to get onto a RM0.00 fare to PER.

In total with taxes included, I am paying an equivalent of SGD 450.00 (with meals, assigned seats and checked baggage) for a return flight to Perth. Which is really a steal. Now I just have to find my way to KL to catch that flight. <_>

I STILL CANT GET IN THE RED WEBSITE!!! <_>

Got myself on the inaugural flight!

PERTH.jpg

But only I will be in PER for 24 hours only due to some work commitments. I hope 24 hours is enough for me to discover what PER has to offer. Will probably meet Michael there!

For comparison, the cheapest flight to PER on the same days with MH costs MYR 2,521 all inclusive (H Fare). So I guess, D7 just gave me instant cash reward of MYR 1,874.

About the booking, I added another MYR 40 for Malaysian Food on both the inbound and outbound trips. AIG GoInsure didn't offer their service to this PER ticket unfortunately.

The earlier mentioned IFE is also not available for purchase. I think it will be introduced in later flights.

Perth boringlah hehe... spotting with Kian Hong/Liam/MIR oklah hehe

Hehehe ... ya lah. Been to Perth 2x, but nothing really memorable. I'd rather opt for the impending AKX flight to Japan during the same period. :D

Managed to book return to PER in November for RM608.50! :D :good:

As the main website is very busy, please try this;

mobile.airasia.com

:drinks:

But only I will be in PER for 24 hours only due to some work commitments. I hope 24 hours is enough for me to discover what PER has to offer. Will probably meet Michael there!

A quick city tour (+ parks) and then a short trip to Fremantle and you're done, my fren. :D

U guys coming to Perth,

2nd November 2008

Perth Redbull Air Race (FINAL)

Edited by MIR

According to the nujum cuti friend of mine, the March school holiday is going to be on the second week of the month. That means 7-15 March 2009.

He has always been right in the past years. But I'm not putting my money on it... hahahah.

Ok lah. I'll skip this offer since Perth in summer is hot and March 2009 holiday is not conclusive yet. There are going to be more offers and destinations coming our way later.

It's interesting times indeed.

A quick city tour (+ parks) and then a short trip to Fremantle and you're done, my fren. :D

I have a better routing.. from airport..straight thru city, past thru kings park.. then jandakot airport(spotting).. then fremantle.. and past burswood.. then back to airport hehe

:lol:

I have a better routing.. from airport..straight thru city, past thru kings park.. then jandakot airport(spotting).. then fremantle.. and past burswood.. then back to airport hehe

:lol:

aiya..so fast? come 'minum-minum' at northbridge la..

this has to be the bargain of the YEAR! i just got one for my mom, and i have to say i'm PLEASED with the price. but oh well, how i wish AK staff are entitled for discounts on D7...

perthtc8.jpg

According to the nujum cuti friend of mine, the March school holiday is going to be on the second week of the month. That means 7-15 March 2009.

He has always been right in the past years. But I'm not putting my money on it... hahahah.

I wish to challenge this nujum. I used proven 'scientific method', i.e. to study previous years' trends ... and lo and behold, 1st half of Term I always comprised 10 weeks of about 47 days of schooling. Since Term I '09 starts on 05/01/09, we move 10 weeks ahead to the week of 16/03 - that's the cuti week. :D

And yes, deducting CNY and Prophet Muhammad's Birthday in that period, we have 47 days of schooling.

Sign in to follow this