Sign in to follow this  
Azri M.

PERTH in AK website!

Walao... :blink:

Airasia wanna operate another flight to Perth ah... :blink:

I think MH will face a very strong competetion with AK.... <_>

Iggy, your dream coming true!

Woohoo.. want to join me spotting ??? Sure a hit i tell u :yahoo:

Iggy, come over for Perth Red Bull Air Race 2008 !!!

I'm not sure if i am still there at the 1st week of Nov? I'll be there in July n Sept hehe

Oh my god! Great news. Will it effects MH 124/5? (Of course it will!)

Maybe i'll get the inaugural flight ehhe..

Tiger airways flies to Perth with their A320. I think AK will be using the same type of a/c as well..

More on this...

http://www.theedgedaily.com/cms/content.js...276a00-88d2dc80

What to expect on May 15, 2008

11. AirAsia X to announce new destinations at Mayang Sari Grand Ballroom, JW Marriott Hotel, KL at 10.30am.

Anyway, would see if I could join the get together PER.. :p from Melbourne...

I think KUL-PER will be via AirAsia X (A330) as it is more than 4 hours. Interesting to see that it is not destination() but destinationS in the news excerpt above.

Edited by Azri M.

The Get Together event during the inaugural flight to OOL was attended by Terry Magee and myself only despite many members mentioned interest to join earlier. There were actually more A.Netters during the trip than MalaysianWingers (thank god I am a member of both communities).

The MW Get Together Thread during the AirAsia X's inaugural flight to Gold Coast (OOL)

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=6712

Any indication of PErth becoming the next Air Asia X destination? I thought India will be next on Air Asia X list. I was wrong i guess.

Also initially i though they'll start Bali - Perth or JAkarta -Perth or something using existing A320.

AirAsia X have in recent time been discussing an "upcoming" A330 service, 1hr turnaround (same crew...OUCH!) with the company I work for.

Mr Fernandes said to me long ago that he has a strong desire to start Indo-PER runs, however at the time a decision had not been made on what direction their fleet was going (obviously the A320 was the winner) and the 733 was not the most desirable a/c to operate on the runs.

Edited by Liam Gibb

more news coming....

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?Men...ContentID=73237

Low-cost airline makes WA deal

15th May 2008, 9:45 WST

An international low-cost airline will start direct flights into Western Australia from Kuala Lumpur in November. A new deal between AirAsia X, Tourism WA and Westralia Airports Corporation could inject nearly $100 million into the Western Australian economy in the service's first year, Tourism Minister Sheila McHale said this morning.

"The introduction of direct flights between Kuala Lumpur to Perth should see visitor numbers and spending increase significantly as holiday-makers take advantage of low prices," Ms McHale said.

"Malaysia is already one of WA's top tourism markets, with nearly 40,000 visitors every year spending $157 million.

"With AirAsia X having the broadest low-cost carrier route network in South East Asia and China, the airline is expected to bring an additional 40,000 international visitors to WA in the first year.

"Next year, AirAsia X will start direct flights between London and Kuala Lumpur which will further boost the number of United Kingdom visitors - our biggest international market - to WA."

The Minister said low-cost carriers had historically been successful in boosting tourism by offering competitive fares and attracting visitors who had not travelled widely before.

AirAsia X chief executive officer Azran Osman Rani said AirAsia X services to WA would start on November 2, initially with six flights a week, increasing to daily services in March 2009.

"AirAsia X will feed passengers from its extensive network into Perth, effectively creating a low-cost link from South East Asia and China to WA," Mr Rani said.

"In 2007, we carried 18.5 million passengers around our network of 90 routes across South East Asia and China."

Westralia Airports Corporation chief executive officer Brad Geatches said the arrival of AirAsia X would be a profitable win for the State's tourism industry.

"Low-cost carriers such as AirAsia X make up an increasingly important element of global tourism transportation infrastructure," Mr Geatches said.

"Perth is AirAsia X's second destination to Australia and presents an opportunity for Perth Airport to become a major hub for low-cost carriers.

"Our recently announced $1 billion plan to consolidate the International and Domestic Terminals means we will be well-placed to meet the growing demand from people travelling through Perth."

PERTH

Just one question, what about Melbourne??????

Edited by Azri M.

Its confirmed with flights to commence to Perth from Kuala Lumpur commencing in Nov 08, the West Aust Government will contribute A$300,000 in advertising promoting the airline to WA. Flights are expected to be 30-40% cheaper than those prently on offer from MH the only other airline to service the route. Lets hope the service ops at a reasonable hour!

Rgds GW

May 15, 2008 12:10 PM

Airasia X To Offer KL-Perth Flights From Nov 2

KUALA LUMPUR, May 15 (Bernama)-- AirAsia X will start a new direct service to Perth, Western Australia from Kuala Lumpur on Nov 2, this year, said its director Datuk Tony Fernandes Thursday.

He said the average fare to Perth, including other cost like fuel surcharge will be just under RM400.

For those opting for the business class seats, the return fare is about RM2,000, he said at the launching of the carrier's destination to Perth here.

The long haul, low cost carrier will offer six return flights per week between Perth and Kuala Lumpur, and is already planning to increase the flights to daily return flights by March 2009.

In a statement Thursday, AirAsia X said the route will be serviced by the airline's new wide-bodied Airbus A330 aircraft, giving passengers a level of service not normally expected from low cost airlines.

This is the airline's third international destination following its launch to Hangzhou, China in February this year with five return flights per week and to Gold Coast Australia in November last year with four return flights.

Fernandes said todate, AirAsia X has carried over 50,000 guests between Gold Coast and Kuala Lumpur, and 30,000 between Hangzhou.

"Looking at what we've done with these two routes, we are confident of creating a bigger market in Western Australia and influencing the travel trends among the budget-conscious travelers, to a point where we are looking at daily service to Perth by early next year," he added.

--BERNAMA

From http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...&sec=nation

From midnight Thursday, 5,000 free seats are available for the Perth-KL flights.

The free seats up for grabs are for the travel period between Nov 2 and April 30, 2009, via AirAsia X.

AirAsia X director Datuk Tony Fernandes said the offer was only available on Friday and Saturday and it is in conjunction with the launch of the airline's new route from KL to Perth, Australia.

Interesting to see the latest technology as talked in this article :

The airline’s new planes (due in Q4 2008) will feature the latest technology (not seen before in Asia) for guests’ convenience and to

enhance their experience, the following products will be made available – fixed-backshell seats with trademark sleek black leather upholstery, In-flight Entertainment featuring innovative content and applications, power points in all seats and even WIFI access – all combined with AirAsia’s trademark in-flight cabin service from its cabin crew to create an unparalleled in-flight experience complemented with industry-leading lowest fares.<h1></h1>

and these with 3-3-3 configuration... :blink:

http://www.just4airlines.com/j4_dox/email/...?story_id=35323

Edited by Azri M.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's about bloody time!

I know 2 people who will be very happy to use this service!!! :)

fixed-backshell seats with trademark sleek black leather upholstery, In-flight Entertainment featuring innovative content and applications, power points in all seats and even WIFI access

I guess nothing to be surprised about.

Fixed backshell seat - the seat that move forward instead of backward when reclined, thus not effecting the space of the passengers at the back. E.g. Economy class seats onboard CX's new EYCL product.

IFE - will be just like Jetstar International, a small dvd player size movable unit. With fees of course.

Power points in all seats - like in EK's EYCL. All seats are equipped with power points.

WIFI - this is something I looking forward too. Imagine playing Airline Mogul onboard an aircraft... that must be the best IFE ever! With fees most definitely.

Sign in to follow this