MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azri M.

PERTH in AK website!

Heheh... I'll ask him of his method of tilik.

I notice that this Perth destination was under wraps and a closely guarded secret... until in sneakily appeared in the drop-down menu, and a surprise announcement. Wonder why? Perhaps to catch the competitors off guard and throw them off balance for a moment? But then surely there are 'spies' around to check on others' moves :)

Hahaa.. i succesfully booked mine woo hooo

:yahoo:

aiya..so fast? come 'minum-minum' at northbridge la..

We can minum minum anytime lah MIR.. U, Kian Hong, Gibby, Min, and me ehhe.. go eat at burswood atrium hehe

Airline to offer $99 tickets to Malaysia

May 15, 2008 - 5:31PM

Malaysian budget carrier AirAsia X has launched its second Australia destination, starting direct flights between Perth and Kuala Lumpur from November.

The services to the Malaysian capital will start with six flights per week, increasing to daily services by March 2009.

AirAsia, which also has a Kuala Lumpur to Gold Coast service, announced an introductory offer on one-way flights from Perth to Kuala Lumpur for $99 for travel between November and April, 2009.

Tourism Minister Sheila McHale said the deal between Tourism WA, AirAsia and Westralia Airports Corporation could inject nearly $100 million into the WA economy in the service's first year.

Ms McHale said Malaysia is already one of WA's top tourism markets, with nearly 40,000 visitors every year spending $157 million.

AirAsia next year plans to link Australia with London via Kuala Lumpur - which will further boost the number of United Kingdom visitors to WA.

Ms McHale said low-cost carriers had historically been successful in boosting tourism by offering competitive fares and attracting visitors who had not travelled widely before.

Westralia Airports Corporation chief executive Brad Geatches said the arrival of AirAsia would be a profitable win for the state's tourism industry.

He said the deal presents an opportunity for Perth Airport to become a major hub for low-cost carriers.

"Our recently announced $1 billion plan to consolidate the international and domestic terminals means we will be well-placed to meet the growing demand from people travelling through Perth," he said.

In 2007, AirAsia carried 18.5 million passengers around its network of 90 routes across south east Asia and China.

Sir Richard Branson of the Virgin Group owns a 16% stake in Air Asia as well as a 25% stake in Virgin Blue.

It has been suggested that Virgin Blue and AirAsia could possibly develop a partnership in the future with Virgin Blue feeding Air Asia's long-haul network from various points in Australia.

this has to be the bargain of the YEAR! i just got one for my mom, and i have to say i'm PLEASED with the price. but oh well, how i wish AK staff are entitled for discounts on D7.

Ramani, I have a different definition for the best offer. Considering the more far you can go with cheaper fare the better:

KUL-OOL-KUL (4,043 miles x 2) = 8,085 miles

KUL-HGH-PER (2,253 miles x 2) = 4,507 miles

KUL-PER-KUL (2,563 miles x 2) = 5,125 miles

So, with 0 Fares and only having to pay for the tax and surcharges only, for an adult ticket:

KUL-OOL-KUL = MYR 707/8,085 miles = MYR 0.08745

KUL-HGH-KUL = MYR 451/4,507 miles = MYR 0.1001

KUL-PER-KUL = MYR 607/5,125 miles = MYR 0.1184

So, from my point of view, the 0 Fare to Gold Coast is the best offer ever because one only pay 9 sen per miles, as compared to 10 sen to Hangzhou and 12 sen to Perth.

In their ad in The Star today, it was written in bold : "Our Brand New Airbus A330"

Are they getting any brand new A330s by Nov or is this a case of another misleading ad?

In their ad in The Star today, it was written in bold : "Our Brand New Airbus A330"

Are they getting any brand new A330s by Nov or is this a case of another misleading ad?

Either that or they are getting another leased A330 before they start their Perth route... I hope to see some special livery if theres a new one hehe :clapping:

Ignorance is bliss,but were talking marketing here.1st owned A330-343E is expected in OCT 08,2nd aircraft in NOV 08,3 in 09 and 10 aircraft in 2010.

Ignorance is bliss,but were talking marketing here.1st owned A330-343E is expected in OCT 08,2nd aircraft in NOV 08,3 in 09 and 10 aircraft in 2010.

thanks heaps for that info Azmir.. i can have myself a good breather by then hehe.. No wonder they shift the flight to start in Nov as by then they'll have extra brother bus to do the job :drinks:

Iggy!HELP!Why cant i get on AK's booking engines!!!I wanna go perth with my family in NOV!

I had similar trouble in the wee hours this morning past midnite.. Much of the RM0 fare are all taken up as of 6am.. There price went up to AUD77 already.. hope those are still within ur budget ... I got mine on after hours of system errors on the booking engine.. :p

Anyway, would see if I could join the get together PER.. :p from Melbourne...

Agree..I reckon you take tiger/v. blue to PER. Then get Asia X to KUL

airasiaadv.jpg

You know, the ticket to Perth from Melbourne can be more expensive than that of PER-KUL (Edit: during the promotional period), even with Tiger. Crazy eh. :(

Anyway, even though D7 doesnt fly to Melbourne, they still advertised in the popular newspaper - PAY FOR FEE (haha, instead of Pay for free), half a page of the tabloid size newspaper. They are really big with advertisement. By the time they fly to MEL, they may as well use the whole newspaper as the advertisement, much like what they did with http://www.thewest.com.au.

Edited by Azri M.

Hahaa.. i succesfully booked mine woo hooo

:yahoo:

We can minum minum anytime lah MIR.. U, Kian Hong, Gibby, Min, and me ehhe.. go eat at burswood atrium hehe

ya laa,come here to perth we go minum minum then mabuk sikit jaaaa then drunk laaa then go to burswood drink some more hahahh YES!

ya laa,come here to perth we go minum minum then mabuk sikit jaaaa then drunk laaa then go to burswood drink some more hahahh YES!

Dun worry, I'll be visiting YPPH often enough hehe even before end of the year :lol:

airasiaadv.jpg

Got to say that I really love this ad :)

Their ad used to be all over the place, but now it's much more refine but with the same spirit

Sign in to follow this