MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Kenneth T

RM0 fares from Malaysia Airlines

Mr. Soh, if you noticed, MW members in BKI are the most active in the entire universe (of MW). They have a thread about their activities http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=8440 So, inform them what is your plan and the things that interest you there, maybe they can come out with something for you. You should search the Golden Lounge forum, there's a few threads about BKI like their 1Borneo complex and Tune Hotel for cheap but quality accommodation.

But I am quite dissappointed because you choose BKI over KCH. You said you always wanted to be possessed by the spirit of Puteri Santubong?

Wow really...? I was hoping to scale Mt K but in the fervour of booking the RM0.00 fares, I forgot it is monsoon season during that time in Dec isn't it? I will be there with my significant other so we don't have anything planned as yet. Probably we will be looking at the beach from our rooms in the rain for the whole time between 11-15 Dec.

Eh... After watching my mum's colleague getting possessed by PS, I am in no hurry to follow suit. Trust me, it wasn't a pretty sight. There was a lot of screaming and twitching. Not to mention her shouting in a language that was ENTIRELY foreign to all of us. Such lovely memories of Damai I have huh?

I think within peninsula is RM166, but that is still a quiet increase from the previous week's RM144.

No wonder the domestic promo was extended...MH needs some xtra cash to cover the fuel costs.

Strange. When I checked and made fake bookings to KBR, it was RM172 (airport taxes included). Just checked it just now for KBR, TGG, PEN and KUA and they are all at RM170 (airport taxes included). It appears to go up, down, and up again?

And KUL-BKI and BKI-KUL (non-stop flights) is RM272 now! :)

Wonder if the fees are correct, or the system is unstable. I think some people who have made bookings are either being undercharged or overcharged. In any case, selamat terbang :)

Hey Rozhan, you're spot on there !

It would seem surcharges trans South China Sea have gone up whilst intra Semenanjung surcharges have come down

And this within a few days too - a very fluid and dynamic manner of imposing the surcharges :)

According to AK Q4/07 financial report, AK had RM513 million prepayment (from advanced ticket sales) in their bank account.

Believe the MH O fare promotion is hitting AK pretty bad financially, AK may need to ask banks for additional borrowing or delay payment to MAHB. Expect AK load factor and yield to drop in the 3Q and 4Q/08.

Instead of thinking ways to squeeze extra buck from pax, hopefully AK will improve its bare bone service to compete with MH.

For once, IJ&co is striking at AK where it hurt most and has done a good deed to travellers. :good: :clapping:

:drinks:

According to AK Q4/07 financial report, AK had RM513 million prepayment (from advanced ticket sales) in their bank account.

Believe the MH O fare promotion is hitting AK pretty bad financially, AK may need to ask banks for additional borrowing or delay payment to MAHB. Expect AK load factor and yield to drop in the 3Q and 4Q/08.

Instead of thinking ways to squeeze extra buck from pax, hopefully AK will improve its bare bone service to compete with MH.

I thought they disagree with the MAHB charges and still owe them money.

For a start perhaps they can provide assigned seats.

I know, care to explain further about this possessing spirit? :D

Hmm... Many years ago our family made a trip to Damai Beach in Kuching and stayed at the Sheraton beach resort (I don't think it is Sheraton now, it has become something else).

Anyway, on our last night the hotel arranged for a BBQ by the poolside for our group as we numbered quite a lot, 2 tour bus loads of noisy sunburnt Singaporeans! Towards the end of the dinner, one of my mother's colleagues midway through laughter became very quiet. We were all wondering what happened when she suddenly pushed her chair violently away from the table and began screaming, gesturing wildly and shouting in what sounded like a mix of Malay and some unidentifiable dialect. This lady is Malay but being from Singapore, other than Bahasa Melayu we do not really get to hear other dialects of the Riau region.

Still, the hotel staff realised what was happening and all gathered round to pin her to the ground. That was when she started to twitch uncontrollably. Somewhere down the line, the ambulance arrived and whisked her off to Kuching city and as soon as they were out of the Damai district, this lady became lucid and kept asking what happened and why was she in the ambulance. Nevertheless, she was kept in the hospital overnight for observation and not surprising, the doctors found nothing wrong with her and her family does not have a history of epilepsy.

The evening became very sombre afterwards as we retreated back to our own rooms. The next day at the airport, we saw that lady again and she had no recollection whatsoever of the episode by the pool. As far as she knew, she was laughing at the dinner table straight into the ambulance in a blink of an eye.

Needless to say, this story was hot and alive among the hotel staff who did not hesitate to fill us in on what actually happened. The staff all said it was Puteri Santubong due to the dialect my mother's colleague was shouting in. Hmm... our hotel was located at the foot of Mt Santubong. While the name might sound exotic, for the Kuching Chinese it is literally translated into King of Mountain Pigs.

THAT, my friends... Happened in 1994.

Remember the recent MAS travel fair where people thought they were getting basement bargains galore ?

Would be interested to know these people's response to the zero fare campaign now

Would be an interesting study in psychology I reckon !

Remember the recent MAS travel fair where people thought they were getting basement bargains galore ?

Would be interested to know these people's response to the zero fare campaign now

Would be an interesting study in psychology I reckon !

I think some may feel upset as they had thought they got great bargains then.

At that time Golden Holidays promoted its products like never before, with 'ultra low' fares and hotel stays. But the 'ultra lows' were from the nearest airport. Hence low prices were like BKI from MYY, LBU from BKI, KCH from SBW. Anyways, for single travellers, Golden Holidays is almost always considerably more expensive than if one were to book tickets on supersaver fares and make direct bookings with the hotel.

Hi, just happily want to share with you guys, I found out the RM0 fare for domestic routes are still open now. Because I called to MAS customer service to check whether I still can book a flight to Penang with low fares, and the lady told me the RM0 fare for domestic route has been extended till 1st June. I like... Wah, that's great. :clapping: And the lady explained to me, even after 1st June, I can book a flight with low fares anytime I want. Then I asked her, "ain't this promotion till certain period only", she said NO.. She said this is a continuous offer from MAS, that's why it called "Everyday Low Fares"... All I need to do is to follow the 3 steps below, then I can get my low fare tickets:

Step 1: Go to our website at malaysiaairlines.com as these fares are only available via the internet.

Step 2: You must buy the ticket at least 30 days before flight departure.

Step 3: Remember these tickets are non-refundable and the flight dates cannot be changed.

I am so happy after I hang up the call, I like woo hoo, I don't have to worry to ride MAS with expensive fares.. :yahoo:

Hi, just happily want to share with you guys, I found out the RM0 fare for domestic routes are still open now. Because I called to MAS customer service to check whether I still can book a flight to Penang with low fares, and the lady told me the RM0 fare for domestic route has been extended till 1st June. I like... Wah, that's great. :clapping: And the lady explained to me, even after 1st June, I can book a flight with low fares anytime I want. Then I asked her, "ain't this promotion till certain period only", she said NO.. She said this is a continuous offer from MAS, that's why it called "Everyday Low Fares"... All I need to do is to follow the 3 steps below, then I can get my low fare tickets:

Step 1: Go to our website at malaysiaairlines.com as these fares are only available via the internet.

Step 2: You must buy the ticket at least 30 days before flight departure.

Step 3: Remember these tickets are non-refundable and the flight dates cannot be changed.

I am so happy after I hang up the call, I like woo hoo, I don't have to worry to ride MAS with expensive fares.. :yahoo:

Buy quick before fuel surcharges shoot up higher. I'm sure it will!

So did I, oooopss salah thread, mine is to Singkapor Kch-Sin-Kch Rm448.. wow... Tax is expensive

Hi, just happily want to share with you guys, I found out the RM0 fare for domestic routes are still open now. Because I called to MAS customer service to check whether I still can book a flight to Penang with low fares, and the lady told me the RM0 fare for domestic route has been extended till 1st June. I like... Wah, that's great. And the lady explained to me, even after 1st June, I can book a flight with low fares anytime I want. Then I asked her, "ain't this promotion till certain period only", she said NO.. She said this is a continuous offer from MAS, that's why it called "Everyday Low Fares"... I am so happy after I hang up the call, I like woo hoo, I don't have to worry to ride MAS with expensive fares..

Are you sure about that? Because what's written is totally the opposite.

ASEAN 0 Fare

0FareAsean.jpg

Domestic 0 Fare

OFareDomestic.jpg

Booking period is only between 21 May - 3 June 2008. No more 0 fare after that.

Travel period is only between 1 July - 14 December 2008. No more travelling on 0 fare ticket after that.

For domestic, there's even a lot of blackout dates too (01 Jun 2008 - 09 Jun 2008, 15Aug 2008 - 25 Aug 2008, 29 Aug 2008 - 01 Sep 2008, 26 Sep 2008 - 13 Oct 2008, 05 Dec 2008 - 10 Dec 2008)

She could be wrong, misinformed, mistold or misunderstood about the whole 0 fare concept. It's common among MH staff. Or is there something that MH's Media Relations Communications Division failed to communicate to us MH flyers? Or is there a surprise campaign that is intended to give Dato Anthony Fernandes a heart attack?

As far as i am concern, it will end after 3rd June, but the RM 0 fare is throughout this year and next year maybe?? not sure..

The MH staff as per Mokay87's (btw, whatever happen to real names etc on MW?), is correct. You may no longer get ZERO fares, but you will get low fares. These low supersaver fares are actually lower than what were offered prior to the zero fare campaign.

I just looked at the RM0 fares to Asean and I attempted to book the KUL-BKK return flight during early December just for a test.

It turns out the KUL-BKK fare is RM0 and return fare from BKK to KUL is RM99. Total including surcharge added up to RM606.....

This is totally deceiving.....

Booking period is only between 21 May - 3 June 2008. No more 0 fare after that.

Travel period is only between 1 July - 14 December 2008. No more travelling on 0 fare ticket after that.

For domestic, there's even a lot of blackout dates too (01 Jun 2008 - 09 Jun 2008, 15Aug 2008 - 25 Aug 2008, 29 Aug 2008 - 01 Sep 2008, 26 Sep 2008 - 13 Oct 2008, 05 Dec 2008 - 10 Dec 2008)

She could be wrong, misinformed, mistold or misunderstood about the whole 0 fare concept. It's common among MH staff. Or is there something that MH's Media Relations Communications Division failed to communicate to us MH flyers? Or is there a surprise campaign that is intended to give Dato Anthony Fernandes a heart attack?

Actually, I am flying back to SIN from BKI on 15 Dec which means I busted the 14 Dec 2008 limit. Still I was able to get on the RM0.00 fare!

Actually, I am flying back to SIN from BKI on 15 Dec which means I busted the 14 Dec 2008 limit. Still I was able to get on the RM0.00 fare!

Shhh....., we won't tell if you promise not to make a fuss of it ! :p

Is there any idea whether MAS is going to offer ZERO airfare for international flights ie Sydney? Don't wanna take air asia and jet star la.

I just looked at the RM0 fares to Asean and I attempted to book the KUL-BKK return flight during early December just for a test.

It turns out the KUL-BKK fare is RM0 and return fare from BKK to KUL is RM99. Total including surcharge added up to RM606.....

This is totally deceiving.....

Which means a ZERO fare return ticket for KUL-BKK actually cost RM507! This is shocking.

I wonder when MH or AK will follow SQ footsteps in advertising all-inclusive fares. BI is already doing this on their ex-BWN fares.

Is there any idea whether MAS is going to offer ZERO airfare for international flights ie Sydney?

I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you :) Recall when zero fare campaign first kicked off, it was announced that European and Australasia routes were doing quite well (load wise) By inference, no need to give away freebies

However, considering the various forces in play, both existing and those to come, do not rule out the unexpected pleasant surprise (or two ?) completely yet ! :)