MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Kenneth T

RM0 fares from Malaysia Airlines

Which means a ZERO fare return ticket for KUL-BKK actually cost RM507! This is shocking.

I wonder when MH or AK will follow SQ footsteps in advertising all-inclusive fares. BI is already doing this on their ex-BWN fares.

Hmm, does Malaysia have truth-in-advertising laws?

Which means a ZERO fare return ticket for KUL-BKK actually cost RM507! This is shocking.

I wonder when MH or AK will follow SQ footsteps in advertising all-inclusive fares. BI is already doing this on their ex-BWN fares.

Very true. NZ and Australia had stopped airlines or travel agents publishing their fares without inclusive of surcharges and taxes as it misleads public to a great deal. Come to think of it how "0" the fares can be? When they are actually making their fares back from all these bullshit surcharges.

I have noticed MAS' tactics are (which is not unique). The lower their fare you would like to book, it seems the higher you have to pay for the surcharges and taxes. I reckon they may as well just publish their fares in all-inclusive mode and stop misleading people to think their fares are on the cheap :angry:. Even AK's surcharges aren't as bad as MAS'.

I was trying to book a MASWing flight from BKI to TWU. The published fare is RM134 per way. By the time you added the surcharges and things, it comes to the total of RM178. AK is still by far the cheapest even if you add the surcharges and things - roughly RM65 for the same route. When you choose the slightly more expensive fare RM159 and then adding up your surcharges, it will give you a total of RM189. Such discrepancies in surcharges is just making people speechless.

Just to sum it up - I refuse to use MAS until they change their advertising ethics and getting rid of their awful (cold) snack-boxes. Makes people wondered about their 5 stars Skytrash status......

Edited by S V Choong

I just bought my tickets and i think im in trouble. I have to attend an event in singapore on oct 2nd. so i bought my tickets AOR-KUL-SIN on oct 1st afternoon thinking that i will celebrate my 1st day hari raya in AOR with my family then fly in the afternoon to SIN.

Then i noticed certain calendar indicate hari raya on the 2nd of october instead of 1st october which will ruin my whole plan. Is there anhywhere i can check when is hari raya probably gonna fall on? i know it will be based on the sighting of the moon but there's always some calculation 'ahli falak' which has high probability. i really hope it will fall on 1st otherwise nothing i can do actually as no refunds and no changes!

I just bought my tickets and i think im in trouble. I have to attend an event in singapore on oct 2nd. so i bought my tickets AOR-KUL-SIN on oct 1st afternoon thinking that i will celebrate my 1st day hari raya in AOR with my family then fly in the afternoon to SIN.

Then i noticed certain calendar indicate hari raya on the 2nd of october instead of 1st october which will ruin my whole plan. Is there anhywhere i can check when is hari raya probably gonna fall on? i know it will be based on the sighting of the moon but there's always some calculation 'ahli falak' which has high probability. i really hope it will fall on 1st otherwise nothing i can do actually as no refunds and no changes!

Azuan,

As far as Singaoreans are concerned, Hari Raya Puasa falls on 1st October 2008. If there is really any change, then the Causeway and 2nd Link will be jammed all for nothing!

Azuan,

As far as Singaoreans are concerned, Hari Raya Puasa falls on 1st October 2008. If there is really any change, then the Causeway and 2nd Link will be jammed all for nothing!

Yes, you're right. Thanks

When i googled, most calendars have oct 1st as Hari Raya. i'm quite safe i guess. It's just on wikipedia and a few sites that list hari raya on 2nd of october. :) i can just pray for the moon to show itself on the right day! hehe

OFFTOPIC: Anything you read on Wikipedia should always be taken with a pinch of salt. ;)

Edited by H Azmal

I don't understand. I mean I've got 2 tickets to HK for RM580 all inclusive. 3 years ago it cost almost double so overall I am still getting it cheaper than last time.

I don't understand. I mean I've got 2 tickets to HK for RM580 all inclusive. 3 years ago it cost almost double so overall I am still getting it cheaper than last time.

The point is.... they should publish it as RM580. Because SQ, QF and others are publishing it as RM580 for example, so that it is not RM0 but leave you to pay the RM580 in surcharges and tax. That's in a way misleading people and the surcharges they charge varies to a great deal and no transparency or breakdown about what they charge. Alnd you are obligated to pay what they charged you as surcharges.

Edited by S V Choong

Yes, you're right. Thanks

When i googled, most calendars have oct 1st as Hari Raya. i'm quite safe i guess. It's just on wikipedia and a few sites that list hari raya on 2nd of october. :) i can just pray for the moon to show itself on the right day! hehe

Raya '08 is Oct 1-2. Not really determined by moon sighting.

In the Terms & Conditions of the zero fare promo, there is this very vague one-liner but in bold:

"No compensation in the form of monetary and/or in kind will be provided"

- what is it really trying to suggest?

If you die when our plane crashes, you are not covered by insurance and will receive no payout unlike other pax who paid a non-zero fare?

Note that this condition does not apply to the domestic zero fare promo. Only the zero fare "Asean" promo.

Edited by Mushrif A

In the Terms & Conditions of the zero fare promo, there is this very vague one-liner but in bold:

"No compensation in the form of monetary and/or in kind will be provided"

- what is it really trying to suggest?

If you die when our plane crashes, you are not covered by insurance and will receive no payout unlike other pax who paid a non-zero fare?

Note that this condition does not apply to the domestic zero fare promo. Only the zero fare "Asean" promo.

Haha...maybe you shld just casually call up and puzzle them!

Haha...maybe you shld just casually call up and puzzle them!

...which I just did. The person on the other end was astounded for a moment before she says, "Of course you are covered! " :D

There was a thread that looks set to uphold a massive campaign to urge airlines in Malaysia to advertise the true fare like in Australia and New Zealand. However, the thread went on silence with no follow up. Maybe it's time to relive it?

http://www.malaysianwings.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=9023

...which I just did. The person on the other end was astounded for a moment before she says, "Of course you are covered! " :D

But did u asked them what the peculiar term was supposed to mean? Remember, it was in bold, so it must be very important.

But did u asked them what the peculiar term was supposed to mean? Remember, it was in bold, so it must be very important.

Not really, but I did point out to her that that statement was a blanket one and confusing. She did not sound convincing though when she said in the affirmative that insurance payout will be issued in the event of the inevitable (macam tak konfiden je...)

Edited by H Azmal

She did not sound convincing though when she said in the affirmative that insurance payout will be issued in the event of the inevitable (macam tak konfiden je...)

Probably not a matter of confidence as much as fear - imagine if the "inevitable" does happen and you return to claim insurance payout from her ! :p

Sometimes what is define in insurance policy is quite vague.

Is there any idea whether MAS is going to offer ZERO airfare for international flights ie Sydney? Don't wanna take air asia and jet star la.

Ah, I stand corrected then from my previous reply ! :)

Please refer to zaki's post, here

Also, jet star no more an option - how times change nowadays !

Buy quick before fuel surcharges shoot up higher. I'm sure it will!

Hey you are right, the fuel surcharge really increase soon le...

The MH staff as per Mokay87's (btw, whatever happen to real names etc on MW?), is correct. You may no longer get ZERO fares, but you will get low fares. These low supersaver fares are actually lower than what were offered prior to the zero fare campaign.

I'm here to share what I know only... I wanted to change my name, but dun know how..can help??

I think the surcharge will be increase by this coming week since MH CEO said it will be revised in 2 weeks time.

I think the surcharge will be increase by this coming week since MH CEO said it will be revised in 2 weeks time.

Ah, I stand corrected then from my previous reply ! :)

Please refer to zaki's post, here

Also, jet star no more an option - how times change nowadays !

Thanks. Haha I wished MH offered Sydney! But I don't think so they would.

They will, IF D7 (AirAsia X) launches Sydney or Newcastle. It was proven in the case of Perth, Brisbane and Shanghai.

Oh really?!! Thanks. Goody....