MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Kenneth T

RM0 fares from Malaysia Airlines

Yup LeeCH, took the words right outta my mouth you did !

My guess is all the surcharges now being imposed will offset some part of the costs incurred in flying this 30% of otherwise non-existant pax load

Looks like we're heading to having two Malaysian LCC's slogging it out on pricing - what a waste of resources. An exercise in futility whilst the two CEO's have their private egoistic duel :(

In the meantime, it's likely the neighbouring competitors are going :rofl: :rofl: and :yahoo:

My guess is all the surcharges now being imposed will offset some part of the costs incurred in flying this 30% of otherwise non-existant pax load

Looks like we're heading to having two Malaysian LCC's slogging it out on pricing - what a waste of resources. An exercise in futility whilst the two CEO's have their private egoistic duel :(

In the meantime, it's likely the neighbouring competitors are going :rofl: :rofl: and :yahoo:

I dont really agree with you bro. Think again, when MH sold seats for rocket high prices, the people complaint about the sky high price. When MAS slash fares and sell them out, people says MAS became LCC. Majority of the Malaysians have low disposable income, that's why AK works! MH is following the suit because for the domestic sector, MH has to suit the local demand low price instead of premium price with low restrictions.

Tactical pricing strategy. I think this 1,000,000 seats have been approved and budgeted as Marketing expenses for Y2008.

Looking into few destinations. I'll be one out of many website visitors at midinight hehehe

Competition is good for us isn't it, good for the consumer. If someone told me 10 years ago that MH tickets were going for RM0 (albeit excluding taxes and surcharges) you could be accused to being a nut case bordering demented insanity. But 10 years ago wasn't MH badly leaking red like a punctured rusted paint can? Now at least on paper, they're profitable. So bless AK and all the competitors out there for making this happen.

..... people says MAS became LCC. Majority of the Malaysians have low disposable income, that's why AK works! MH is following the suit because for the domestic sector, MH has to suit the local demand low price instead of premium price with low restrictions.

But you seem to agree though that MAS is going the LCC way ?

Competition is good for us isn't it, good for the consumer

Yes, it is a terrific opportunity for the flying public - that much is undeniable

Bear in mind though that MAS is by and large Malaysian Govt owned and controlled - meaning theoretically you and I included, provided you're Malaysian. With the resources made available (by you and me, if you subscribe to that line of thought) of years gone by, a certain brand identity was created, nurtured and held in quite good esteem by the industry players - and at a cost too if it needs reminding

But now, by seemingly going along the LC path, all that effort and investment in brand identity goes down the drain. If ever it is to be resurrected, the cost will be very substantial, and believe you me, we as in us Malaysian tax payers will be paying for it in one manner or another ( :) ) Certain member(s) may dispute this assertion though :)

But most bewildering is why there is a need for a govt owned entity (MH) to try and compete to such an extent versus a private enterprise (AK) Presumably the ultimate aim of all business competitions is for your opponent to capitulate and go out of business, so you have a bigger market share or in the local scenario, a virtual monopoly. What will happen to air fares then ? :)

i really shocked see the BREAKING NEWS on Buletin Utama (TV3)

I saw it on Astro before watching it again on TV3...at first the advert look cheap la..but hey maybe Mr. TF might do the same ya... :rolleyes:

yes, soon they will have to resort to "We pay you to fly with us". never expected MH to take the AK competition that dramatically, but if it has been planned well, i guess there's nothing to worry about then.

Wow, very extensive media coverage. Even received mail from tmnet postmaster with Datuk IJ's message !

Apparently RM0 fares for

KUL to PEN, LGK and KBR

BKI to LBU

KCH to BTW

Doesn't say anything about return sectors ! :)

C'mon AK folks, fight back! Extend it for travel till the middle of next year!

Oh my, oh my !

:blink: ::80::

Why does a once proud outfit competing against the likes of SQ, TG, CX (to name a few) need to resort to this ?! :(

When a premium carrier starts to dish out low fares, it could be either, or both of the following:

1. Their products and services are about the same, or not significantly different

2. They have been overcharging customers all this while

Anyways, good luck. Maybe they want to reverse, or at least slow down the claimed 65% market share that the other carrier commands. Looking forward to AK's counter-counter attack very shortly :)

2:49 minutes to go... hope MH website can handle the load.

I try to search the RM0 price, but still not update!

I think, they will update their website tomorrow morning, all MH staff dah balik tidorrr...

PEN - KUL is updated

I planning to book for the MW anniversary.

Rm76 per trip <_>

Any kind soul would pick me up from the terminal ?

PEN - KUL is updated

I planning to book for the MW anniversary.

Rm76 per trip <_>

Any kind soul would pick me up from the terminal ?

Yes, Loh,

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! cheaper than low cost airlines

main_bg1.jpg

They also promote FY! Did FY will offer the RM0 price??

Edited by M. Sofian H.

I found what i want. RM152 for return ticket all inclusive KUL-KBR-KUL. It's RM0 fare + all the taxes and surcharge.

I don't think giving free tickets away brings down the image of MH. In my opinion, it's about reaching another customer segment having secured the profitable business pax segment (both C and Y class) for domestics flights. MH really don't have to do this as most flights on working days are still packed with business travelers. The fact that they are doing this and reaching to the more cost-concious and self-paying customers shows that being a national airline means serving every level of consumers from business travelers, foreign and local tourists, normal self paying traveler, rural air services etc. After all despite all these super saver promos (which have been around for quite some time), I don;t believe the reputation or the brand image of MH has been brought down to the same level as AK. Not in my point of view.

Having said that, AK will surely respond to this. My guess would be free tickets to all AK destinations (in contrast with Domestics only for MH). OR AK offering absolutely free/almost free tickets (no surcharge and admin fee, pay only airport tax). We shall wait and see.

Yes, Loh,

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! cheaper than AK & FIREFLY

main_bg1.jpg

Since u're from penang as well , are u interested to go for the anniversary ?

Do take note the Rm76 I mentioned just now is not return trip. I am really tempted to get MH since this is the only time I could afford it :rofl:

mhmq6.jpg

MH

akox2.jpg

AK

fyjb0.jpg

FY

fyjb0.jpg

FY

Would choose FY, because of Dutch Lady and the cheapest :p

Since u're from penang as well , are u interested to go for the anniversary ?

did this Anniversary open for all members? because no anybody inform me about this function!

penang?? specific location? when?

coz next will i go back to Penang after complete my study in UTM..

Edited by M. Sofian H.

Would choose FY, because of Dutch Lady and the cheapest :p

Agree!!!! heh heh... but expect no free drinks on board lah.... but a bit longer in flying time!!! :p

RM0 fare is a gimmick. One can’t even redeem enrich points without paying fuel surcharge/fine. :angry:

The gomen should ban this type of misleading advertising.

:drinks: