MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Kenneth T

RM0 fares from Malaysia Airlines

Breaking news from Malaysia Airlines....good news for you all. Now, MH is offering 0 fare, AirAsia is no longer the only choice. :drinks:

4th May 2008

Dear Malaysians,

I have an important announcement from Malaysia Airlines.

Everyday, and all around us, we are all feeling the pinch of how everything is getting expensive. We, at Malaysia Airlines, have decided that it is time we lowered our fares so that Malaysians can continue to travel.

We recently declared that Malaysia Airlines is transforming into a World's Five Star Value Carrier and we promised that you will be able to enjoy 5 Star Service at a low price. Many people thought it would be impossible. Well, not anymore! Today we are ready to deliver on that promise.

LCCs operate by keeping their costs really low and passing some of these savings to passengers. But this means that passengers have to accept some sacrifices.

We believe there is a way for passengers to enjoy low fares and Malaysian Hospitality.

For the first time in our history, Malaysia Airlines is offering Everyday Low Fares. From the 5th of May, we will offer zero fares on all our routes within Malaysia. Later we will offer very low fares on our regional routes within ASEAN. We have put aside up to 30 per cent of our seats for these special Everyday Low Fares.

To get these special fares, you only need to take 3 steps:

Step 1: Go to our website at malaysiaairlines.com as these fares are only available via the internet.

Step 2: You must buy the ticket at least 30 days before flight departure.

Step 3: Remember these tickets are non-refundable and the flight dates cannot be changed.

What we are now offering gives everyone a win-win situation. It helps us to meet our business objectives. And it provides our customers an excellent deal - you get to enjoy the best of both worlds - really low prices plus our 5 Star services - our food and beverages, entertainment, luggage allowances and other benefits that come with traveling on Malaysia Airlines.

I would like to personally invite you to click on malaysiaairlines.com

Yours sincerely,

Dato' Sri Idris Jala

Managing Director/CEO

Malaysia Airlines

Just saw the ad few seconds ago on tv and Idris is reading out the content of the letter exactly on tv.

I guess what they are trying to do is to counter attack AK's strategy. This is probably what Captain Nik had hinted us last week when he was in KK.

good news , too bad i have bought my return ticket to bki end of this month , maybe next holiday :D

good news , too bad i have bought my return ticket to bki end of this month , maybe next holiday :D

No worry, as long as u purchase the ticket 30 days prior to departure u still stand a chance to get those ticket. Next trip perhaps :rolleyes:

woohoo!! Cheap cheap!

Try to see can book just to try the snakebox!! BKI gang i can come ar?

Why not? u belong to the Sabah land. :rolleyes:

Too lazy to check myself, but how much approximately would the tax etc be?

Lets take for example a flight to Kuching or KK.

Too lazy to check myself, but how much approximately would the tax etc be?

Lets take for example a flight to Kuching or KK.

Both KCH and BKI taxes are MYR240....with zero fares, this is cheap!!!!!

i really shocked see the BREAKING NEWS on Buletin Utama (TV3)

Yeah. Too bad all my flights are already booked and confirmed throughout the entire offer period.

Oh my, oh my !

:blink: ::80::

Why does a once proud outfit competing against the likes of SQ, TG, CX (to name a few) need to resort to this ?! :(

I went to the website and it says ALL DOMESTIC ROUTES at ZERO Fares......Great News for all Malaysian.....Can't wait to see their ASEAN promo....

U mean the MAS website? I didnt see any sign of such news yet there. I think the fares will only be available tmorrow.

Oh my, oh my !

:blink: ::80::

Why does a once proud outfit competing against the likes of SQ, TG, CX (to name a few) need to resort to this ?! :(

Domestic flights...whoelse to compete with if not AK.....Put it this way...30% are the unsold seats, rather than go empty they offer ZERO fares...why NOT???

U mean the MAS website? I didnt see any sign of such news yet there. I think the fares will only be available tmorrow.

Try midnight....05 May

This is great news! Now I can look forward to my trip to KCH and BKI via KUL during my annual leave. But leaves me wondering how is it viable for long term period in terms of sustaining profitability.

That's what i had in mind, guess tonite will be lots of Malaysian wiating for such chances. I guess such move is to fulfill those empty seats.

I cant even search for fares!!

It's pretty true, rather than leaving the 30% unsold seats empty, why not fill the space with RM 0 fares?

Be patient my Bro! Technically it is still 4 May now....wait until midnight or tommorow...

To fill up the empty seats means a higher Zero Fuel Weight and equals to a higher fuel burnoff. Equals additional operating costs as well (snek boxes and drinks inclusive) although flight within Peninsular is so short in time that it is almost negligible (fuel wise).

Interesting to see if MH website crashes in 3 hours from now due to overload traffic.