MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

'First A380 Flights' Thread

Hey, looks like a trip around the world in all-A380 and all different airlines is now possible. :p

Hey, looks like a trip around the world in all-A380 and all different airlines is now possible. :p

totally agree....provided that u have enough funds to do that :good:

but i see none flying to south America :D maybe some before the worldcup season :mellow:

but i see none flying to south America :D maybe some before the worldcup season

Actually EK has DXB-GRU already in the line up, just waiting for the right time to launch it.

A380 plans for EK:

Dubai (DXB) - San Francisco (SFO)

San Francisco (SFO) - Dubai (DXB)

Dubai (DXB) - São Paulo (GRU)

São Paulo (GRU) - Dubai (DXB)

Dubai (DXB) - Singapore (SIN)

Singapore (SIN) - Dubai (DXB)

Dubai (DXB) - Frankfurt (FRA)

Frankfurt (FRA) - Dubai (DXB)

Dubai (DXB) - Johannesburg (JNB)

Johannesburg (JNB) - Dubai (DXB)

Dubai (DXB) - Melbourne (MEL)

Melbourne (MEL) - Dubai (DXB)

expect some announcement later in the year from QF to operate A380 to HKG. Honestly, no surprise really. Attended the workshop from Airbus 2 weeks ago and they have mentioned HKG will be the future A380 hub followed by LHR.

Since there no A380 route to KLIA.I was wonder what the first airline going to use their A380 to KLIA

Since there no A380 route to KLIA.I was wonder what the first airline going to use their A380 to KLIA

I remember reading that EK would be the first. Source: The Star

Edited by S M Tang

the new livery looks good at smaller aircraft but big aircraft like the A380..........its look terrible

Edited by Zamir

Hahaha... Still don't do it for me. Of the three aircraft I've seen this livery on, this is the ugliest by far. Did they not try applying the livery on their current and feature fleets when they designed it (not that there was much designing done). Guess we'll have to endure this horrible livery for the next 20-odd years. ALOL!!

I wonder if painting (in some colour) the engines could "cure" that awful MH livery (on any aircraft)? It looks too plain, very LCC-ish that now even AK/ D7 looks like a full service legacy carrier.

(Trust an accountant-CEO to sign-off on the design!)

On the real aircraft, I think the red stripe would be extended to the back, close to the tail. The blue stripe could be slimmer and longer as well on the real A380.

It has been confirmed that the 12th and subsequent A380s that will be delivered to Singapore Airlines will feature an all-Business Class upper deck. An earlier post here mentioned 12 Suites and 311 Economy Class seats on the main deck (this is the same as the first 11 A380s). This is accurate. What is a bit of a mystery is the seat-count on the all-Business Class upper deck. The earlier post mentioned 88 seats ... all I can say is that while this isn't correct, but you are almost right.

Delivery of Korean Air's A380 is slated for sometime in late-May but the actual date has not yet been announced.

I am planning on a trip to Finkenwerder on 28 & 29 April and all fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed in the hope that I could photograph some of the A380s moving and flying ... especially the Korean Air aircraft.

KC Sim

It has been confirmed that the 12th and subsequent A380s that will be delivered to Singapore Airlines will feature an all-Business Class upper deck. An earlier post here mentioned 12 Suites and 311 Economy Class seats on the main deck (this is the same as the first 11 A380s). This is accurate. What is a bit of a mystery is the seat-count on the all-Business Class upper deck. The earlier post mentioned 88 seats ... all I can say is that while this isn't correct, but you are almost right.

Oh so you know the actual number! My earlier prediction of 88J seats on the upper deck was made based on some simple calculation plus the number '88' itself, which I think would bring so much luck to an airline with thick superstitious belief like SQ. Since you mentioned that I am almost right, I am inclined to believe that the number is lower due to the fact that SQ may be wanting to become the A380 operator with the least dense seating configuration too, lesser than 407 seats on KE. SQ needs to only reduce 4J seats from my earlier prediction of 88J seats to match the total seat count of KE A380s.

And thank you for the correction that the all upper deck J cabin on SQ A380 is going to begin with 9V-SKL, the 12th A380, not 9V-SKM, the 13th A380 as mentioned in my earlier post.

So that makes our tally to (as of 29 December 2010):

SQ - 12R, 60J, 399Y = 471 seats (9V-SKA - 9V-SKK)

SQ - *New configuration is to be announced for 12th (9V-SKL) and subsequent A380s, rumoured to be 12R, 88J, 311Y = 411 seats

EK - 14F, 76J, 399Y = 489 seats 'Ultra Long Range'

EK - 14F, 76J, 427Y = 517 seats 'Long Range' (A6-EDG, ...)

QF - 14F, 72J, 32Y+, 332Y = 450 seats

AF - 9F, 80J, 449Y = 538 seats

LH - 8F, 98J, 420Y = 526 seats

KE - 12F, 94J, 301Y = 407 seats

MH - 8F, 54J, 26Y+, 420Y = 510 seats

CZ, TG, QR? If we notice, MH will have the least J seats on the A380. Others are trying to put as many as 100 seats on the J cabin.

QR announced the seat number of its A380 in this article. http://www.aviationweek.com/aw/generic/story_channel.jsp?channel=comm&id=news/avd/2011/03/14/09.xml&headline=Qatar%20Airways%20CEO%20Eyes%20Airline%20Acquisition

In other news, the CEO said Qatar Airways’ Airbus A380s, the first of which will be delivered in 2013, will be equipped with “around 517” seats and offer three classes of service. It will be the only model that has a first-class cabin, he said. First class will have eight seats. Al Baker confirmed that he plans to order more A380s but declined to say how many. The airline currently has five A380s on firm order.

The article is mainly about QR's possible acquisition of 'a well establish airline'. Rumour has it that it will be VS.

So with 517 seats, QR's A380 will be denser than MH's and identical (in number) to EK's configuration of their 'Long Range' A380s which come without the crew bunk area.

Another new A380 operator announced its cabin configuration. http://airlineroute.net/2011/03/31/cz-380config/

China Southern has released initial information regarding Airbus A380 configuration. The 506-seater A380 is configured in F8C70Y428.

First Class, 1-2-1 layout, is located on the lower deck. Business Class, situated on the upper deck, is 1-2-1, similar to current staggered layout used by ANA and ASIANA AIRLINES.

Economy Class is configured as 3-4-3, mostly on the main deck, while the upper deck location has 10 rows towards the rear (2-4-2 on Upper deck).

The Skyteam member currently schedules the A380 to operate new Beijing – Paris CDG, according to sources from China. Image of the configuration was released initially by a user on Sina Weibo (mostly known as chinese version of twitter).

Therefore, here is our seat configuration tally as of 2 April 2011:

SQ - 12R, 60J, 399Y = 471 seats (9V-SKA - 9V-SKK)

SQ - *New configuration is to be announced for 12th (9V-SKL) and subsequent A380s, rumoured to be 12R, 88J, 311Y = 411 seats

EK - 14F, 76J, 399Y = 489 seats 'Ultra Long Range'

EK - 14F, 76J, 427Y = 517 seats 'Long Range' (A6-EDG, ...)

QF - 14F, 72J, 32Y+, 332Y = 450 seats

AF - 9F, 80J, 449Y = 538 seats

AF - 9F, 80J, 38Y+, 389Y = 516 seats

LH - 8F, 98J, 420Y = 526 seats

KE - 12F, 94J, 301Y = 407 seats

MH - 8F, 54J, 26Y+, 420Y = 510 seats

QR - xF, xJ, xY = 517 seats

CZ - 8F, 70J, 428Y = 506 seats

On 10 June 2011, Miami will receive its first scheduled A380 flight as LH launches the superjumbo on that route. http://airlineroute.net/2011/03/31/lh-mia-s11/ MIA will be the 5th airport in the US to receive the A380 after JFK, LAX, SFO and IAD.

Updated map and all current scheduled and future routes which have been announced, amongst all A380 operators in the world (as at 2 April 2011):

A380DestinationMap2.gif

Singapore Airlines

SIN-SYD

SIN-LHR

SIN-NRT

SIN-CDG

SIN-HKG

SIN-MEL

SIN-ZRH

SIN-NRT-LAX

Emirates

DXB-LHR

DXB-SYD-AKL

DXB-YYZ

DXB-ICN

DXB-CDG

DXB-JED

DXB-PEK

DXB-MAN

DXB-BKK-HKG

DXB-JFK

DXB-HKG

Qantas

MEL-LAX

SYD-LAX

SYD-SIN-LHR

MEL-SIN-LHR

Air France

CDG-JFK

CDG-JNB

CDG-NRT

CDG-YUL

CDG-IAD

Lufthansa

FRA-NRT

FRA-PEK

FRA-JNB

FRA-JFK

FRA-SFO

FRA-MIA

Korean Air

ICN-HKG

ICN-NRT

ICN-BKK

ICN-JFK

ICN-LAX

Looking forward for more dots and lines on the map, which hopefully includes KUL as the point of destination by operator/s other than MH.

I can see that all A380s operators have 'specialties' in them....most J class, most narrowest Y class, most va va voom R class, most innovative: bathroom...duty free shops....now if I have the budget to travel every single one of them.... :drinks: :clapping: :rolleyes:

Edited by JuliusWong