MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mushrif A

MH's 'Rimba' Regional Golden Lounges at MTB

Awesome !!! I hope they can move to T4 by September this year !!

So it looks like its SKYTEAM all the way then once they move to T4

which is much more comfy and newer than T3 for now.

:rolleyes:

I saw this notification on MH's website.

28 August 2009

We're moving to Terminal 4 at London Heathrow Airport

Effective 29 October 2009, Malaysia Airlines will shift operations from Terminal 3 to Terminal 4 at London Heathrow Airport (LHR).

With the move to the newly refurbished Terminal 4, passengers can expect a more pleasant airport experience which combines new levels of comfort and convenience. Highlights include our new Golden Lounge located near our regular Gate 6, which provides a respite for First and Business Class passengers with its luxurious amenities and panoramic view.

Below are our final and maiden flights at the respective terminals:

Terminal 3

Last arriving flight: MH4 on 28 Oct

Last departing flight: MH1 on 28 Oct

Terminal 4

First arriving flight: MH2 on 29 Oct

First departing flight: MH3 on 29 Oct

For further enquiries, please contact our London office at +44 (0) 871 423 9090 (cost 10p per minute from BT landlines, higher charges apply on other operators) or 1300 88 3000.

Does the concept (interior/design etc) of the new Golden Lounge in Heathrow Terminal 4 will be based on the Regional Golden Lounge in KUL as speculated previously? Would be great if any members who are passing by the terminal can snap a photo or two. And by the way, for those who are wondering on the shifting of operation from Terminal 3 to Terminal 4, it is part of Heathrow's airline-to-terminal reassignment program, where the airlines will be grouped according to their Alliances. Terminal 4 will house all SkyTeam airlines and all non alligned airlines, like MH. MH will be the second airline after EY to move from T3 to T4.

Does the concept (interior/design etc) of the new Golden Lounge in Heathrow Terminal 4 will be based on the Regional Golden Lounge in KUL as speculated previously? Would be great if any members who are passing by the terminal can snap a photo or two. And by the way, for those who are wondering on the shifting of operation from Terminal 3 to Terminal 4, it is part of Heathrow's airline-to-terminal reassignment program, where the airlines will be grouped according to their Alliances. Terminal 4 will house all SkyTeam airlines and all non alligned airlines, like MH. MH will be the second airline after EY to move from T3 to T4.

I can definitely find out for you. The interior designers are the same and I think it would be almost the same concept. No worries... I'll hgo scoop some insider information. Lol...

if you're able to wait, i'm on a flight back in dec so hopefully everything will be up and running by then :)

current golden lounge in LHR is very poor for one of MH's cash routes. Normal toilets, no hand towels, no amenities, and the bar is always staffed by a lone bartender. Been there 3 times this year, same person. Not only that, drink and food selection is even worst than domestic lounges in Malaysia. No milk, weird food, very obvious pre-packed sushi, probably about 8 beverage types and no cocktails :mellow:

but the food selection does change, havent had the same thing twice. A bit of clarification on "weird food" : they used diluted peanut butter as satay sauce =@

The MAS lounge in Heathrow has been moved to T4. The rennovations of the lounge will be completed by end of September but the opening might be delayed until October. It will be the MAS Signature lounge. It will have some elements of the Regional Lounge in KLIA but not of the same design. Should be looking good.

Sneak preview of the latest Golden Lounge at LHR Terminal 4. It does look like the Regional Golden Lounge at the MTB.

GoldenLoungeLHRT4.jpg

Dear Enrich Member,

We'd like to share some important news with you. From 29 October 2009 onwards, our exclusive sanctuary at London's Heathrow Airport will be relocated to Terminal 4. So if you've been going to our previous Golden Lounge at Terminal 3, we hope you'd take note of our new location.

You'll be pleased to know that a better setting isn't the only enhancement to the Golden Lounge. Our new lounge also comes with an even wider array of facilities, all specially selected to cater to your needs as a traveller.

• Personal work station

• WiFi connectivity

• The Retreat (furnished with chaise lounge chairs and massage chairs)

• Baby Care Room (with nursing facilities)

• Separate Muslim male and female prayer rooms

• Washrooms (with showers)

• Ala carte service (for First Class travellers)

• Buffet counter

• Child play area

So why not stop by at our Golden Lounge the next time you visit Heathrow? With luxurious amenities like these, you'll be having the time of your life while awaiting your flight! Soon, you'll be able to enjoy a much-welcomed breather amidst the unparalleled comforts of our travellers haven!

With this new development, we hope that any London journey you take with us in the future will be even more fulfilling. And should you require more information, please do not hesitate to contact us at 1300 88 3000 (within Malaysia) or +603 7843 3000 (outside Malaysia), or email enrich@malaysiaairlines.com. We’ll be more than happy to assist you with your queries.

It's officially opened. From KK Lee's link and eiling's blog above, there are some renderings from the MH's blog and related pages, but nothing beats the actual photographs of the lounge.

MAS Well-placed To Capture Increased Passenger Traffic From London

November 08, 2009 11:06 AM

From Noor Soraya Mohd Jamal London, Nov 8 (Bernama) - Malaysian Airlines is better poised to capture increased passenger traffic from London to Kuala Lumpur with its relocation to the newly-refurbished Terminal 4 at London's Heathrow International Airport and the opening up of its brand new Golden Lounge.

Its chairman, Tan Sri Dr Munir Majid said the opening of the new lounge in London is part of the national carrier's customer value proposition, which focuses on ensuring that customers' needs are always at the top of the mind.

"Besides providing five-star value services in the air, Golden Lounge is a great avenue for us to continue providing seamless services to our customers on the ground," he said during the official opening of the Golden Lounge here, Saturday.

The event was officiated by Minister of Tourism Datuk Seri Dr Ng Yen Yen.

Dr Ng said the opening of Malaysia Airline's Golden Lounge in London is in line with the ministry's efforts to promote Malaysia as an ideal holiday destination.

She said from January to September this year, tourists from the U.K to Kuala Lumpur rose 19.7 per cent to 362,000 and the number was expected to reach 400,000 by the end of the year.

Dr Ng said the ministry was looking at the possibility of positioning Malaysia Airlines in London as the kick off point for tourists from Europe.

"I met operators in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Helsinki who discussed this possibility," she said.

The Golden Lounge, which cost about RM11 million, has a floor space of 738 square meters.

It is easily accessible as it is conveniently located next to Gate 6, the regular departure gate for all Malaysian Airlines flights and can accommodate a maximum of 100 passengers at any one time.

Malaysia Airlines operates 12 Golden Lounges worldwide within and beyond Malaysia including in Los Angeles, Melbourne, Perth, Singapore and Sydney.

Malaysian Airlines operates 14 weekly direct flights from London to Kuala Lumpur.

Within the U.K, Malaysia Airlines operates a codeshare agreement with British Midlands by proving connections to and from Aberdeen, Belfast, Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Manchester to London for onward connectivity to Kuala Lumpur.

Meanwhile, Malaysia Airlines Regional Manager for the UK & Ireland Syed Abdillah Aziz said the airline will launch special fares this Monday.

Return tickets from London to Kuala Lumpur would cost 399 pounds inclusive of tax and fuel surcharge.

-- BERNAMA

The MAS lounge in Heathrow has been moved to T4. The rennovations of the lounge will be completed by end of September but the opening might be delayed until October. It will be the MAS Signature lounge. It will have some elements of the Regional Lounge in KLIA but not of the same design. Should be looking good.

Thanx for d information ....cant' wait to see the new Golden Lounge in LHR T4 :rolleyes:

Return tickets from London to Kuala Lumpur would cost 399 pounds inclusive of tax and fuel surcharge.

And from another forum.

Just been told that the LHR airport tax will be increased for air travellers :

EY > 40 to 80 Pound Sterling.

FC/Biz >80 to 110 Pound Sterling.

WIE Oct 2009

It is also a called "Green tax" by the Brits Authority.

The latest WoR mentioned that the opening of Golden Lounge in BKI will be held in 2010. Is there another lounge in BKI's newly constructed wing? Will it be based on the Rimba concept as well? Are they going to close down the existing new Golden Lounge in BKI or this is the lounge that they are referring to?

The latest WoR mentioned that the opening of Golden Lounge in BKI will be held in 2010. Is there another lounge in BKI's newly constructed wing? Will it be based on the Rimba concept as well? Are they going to close down the existing new Golden Lounge in BKI or this is the lounge that they are referring to?

I hope the current one at BKI is temporary as I'm quite underwhelmed by it. Looks like a LCC-esque version of the Golden Lounge - so it better be a temp. one.

I hope the current one at BKI is temporary as I'm quite underwhelmed by it. Looks like a LCC-esque version of the Golden Lounge - so it better be a temp. one.

There will be a new Golden Lounge in BKI. This is because the airport authorities do not allow the sharing of the lounge for Domestic & International passengers. All is not finalised.

There will be a new Golden Lounge in BKI. This is because the airport authorities do not allow the sharing of the lounge for Domestic & International passengers. All is not finalised.

Wow,new Golden Lounge in BKI?

But it is presently allowed? (Just like in PEN)?

So, the mixing of domestic & int'l pax is not a security concern right now? I wonder how this is presently justified?

But it is presently allowed? (Just like in PEN)?

So, the mixing of domestic & int'l pax is not a security concern right now? I wonder how this is presently justified?

yeah you're right. now it's a security concern... well, Malaysia Boleh (once again)!

Some photos of the 'Rimba' Golden Lounge in LHR Terminal 4 during my visit:

DSC08659.jpg

DSC08673.jpg

DSC08667.jpg

DSC08675.jpg

DSC08677.jpg

DSC08678.jpg

DSC08701.jpg

DSC08683.jpg

Full write-up in my trip report thread, post #131 and #136. http://www.malaysianwings.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=13689&st=130

Now looking forward for the new MH 'Rimba' Golden Lounge in BKI!

Nice photos there MAR...WoW! from me...really nice and decent photo from LHR...

Spending some good time eating over there?hehe...

EMmm questions here,

1st photo, do I saw an aeroplane model on top the counter desk??Why is in white colour?hehehe..

7th photo, bit naive question, is that so "transparent" when taking show there?LoL...

On 1 May 2010, the newest 'Rimba' Golden Lounge opened in BKI, and there are 2 of them! Yep, 2 spanking new Golden Lounges in BKI, one for Domestic and another for international. And they look very stunning.

MAS_NEWS-2.jpg

Hopefully someone can do a full review of these new lounges. I am eager to see more.