MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Naim

White arrival/departure card for foreigners entering Malaysia

On last week's flight from SGN, I thought I heard the pilot telling us, visitors to Malaysia need no longer fill up the tedious Imm. 26 white arrival/departure card anymore. Can anybody confirm? If true this is most convenient to visitors. :D

Thanks.

Yep.. I can confirm that. I've myself entered Malaysia more than 10 times without the immigration card so far.

Can't find the press release but it's there somewhere

Yep.. I can confirm that. I've myself entered Malaysia more than 10 times without the immigration card so far.

Can't find the press release but it's there somewhere

Great stuff! If only it works for us when entering SG too. Those forms are a nuisance in this modern age. :)

It would be the case if singapore was still part of the federation...

I think the very least that can happen is to allow hassle free entry for singapore-malaysia travel. US-Canada is so easy for Americans and Canadians. Why can't the same happen here.

It would be the case if singapore was still part of the federation...

I think the very least that can happen is to allow hassle free entry for singapore-malaysia travel. US-Canada is so easy for Americans and Canadians. Why can't the same happen here.

Unlike US/Canada, Malaysia/Singapore don’t share the same value or vision.

Compared with a few years ago, more barriers and stricter check are implemented at Tuas and Woodland checkpoint. :angry:

May be another kiasu and kiasi mentality at work. :pardon:

:drinks:

Yup, thats true, the white cards for entering Malaysia is a thing of the past!

The US and Canada are both developed countries, high income countries. Especially now, where the Canadian loonie was some months ago a little stronger than the US greenback. Malaysia on the other hand is developing and Singapore is developed. To make a comparison of US - Canada is just not right, a better comparison is US - Mexico, its more similar on the development stage of the 2 countries for comparison. Albeit we don't have the people wading through the rio grande trying to get to the land of the rich, we do however have Malaysian factory workers, cleaners, service people who commute across the causeway everyday to make a living earning the valuable sing dollar.

Once you have countries of similar level of economic development you'll find crossing the borders to be less of a pain, like US-Canada. The EC countries prior to Maastricht and after, with the EU.

Sign in to follow this