MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Seth K

Shootout at KLIA after robbery

well, lets see how long this step-up security measures going to last. i'll give em 1 month..anybody want to bet? :pardon:

Edited by Victor A.

Victor, is it safe to spot now?

don't have any idea whether its safe to spot or not. i guess its safe, tight security so there's no possibility of getting rob or shoot by robbers. ;) as for spotters, i did went for a short spotting last Friday and the 'BEREDAR' guys passed by but they didn't chase me away. B)

Oh common, even recording tapes also they want to jimat jimat, forsaking peoples lives at stake!! 30 percent of total cctv installed are the only ones recording.. even so, the stowaway still manage to sneak pass last time... I lost faith in safety in our airports completely!!! <_>

Next time beredar team comes to disturb, i will hentam them ask them to jaga keselamatan orang ramai (public safety) rather than disturbing peoples ass!! :yahoo:

Door 7-8..where i used to lepak(hang around) during break. Where was the 2 "jangan parking sini a.k.a untuk staf saja" (no parking here/for staff only) pistol-for-show traffic policemen ALWAYS at door 8 trolley station...

Btw , if you look at previous events at KLIA , once again , they were reported as not working

Bottomline Guys , they have never worked :)

I've known that for some time now

Yup

try this>>>make a fake boarding pass, go down there, pass thru immigration, spotting for a while from the terminal, and then clear immigration, out from airport. Easier if you have Malaysian passport. :pardon:

Why I say this, cuz the two policemen(one on phone another doing his/her job) that guard the small escalator leading to immigration only/always look at my passport and give it back, my boarding pass was in there, but it's hidden, so I assume they dun take a look at that.

Sadly true.

Oh common, even recording tapes also they want to jimat jimat, forsaking peoples lives at stake!! 30 percent of total cctv installed are the only ones recording.. even so, the stowaway still manage to sneak pass last time... I lost faith in safety in our airports completely!!!

They are probably just dummy cameras. A lot of CCTV cameras you see are just casings to 'scare' ppl.

There are so few exits at KLIA , why couldn't they do a lock down on all the exits?

they're too busy with other duties such as squabbling over whose jurisdiction this and that area should falls to. some might still be having a nice glass of teh tarik or KOPI in cowboy town, thus not enough time and personnel to lock down all the exits.

After all that shooting, doubt those who would have been responsible for locking down KLIA (even if anyone had the presence of mind to give the order) would have been prepared to risk confronting those gun happy chappies :) Come to think of it, anyone believe there are actually any contingency plans or rather SOP for such eventualities at KLIA ?

Edited by BC Tam

May be MAHB should set up check points before entering the MTB and LCCT complete with hydraulic vehicle security barrier, high energy neutron car bomb detector, vehicle/container x-ray scanner and manned by MP5 carrying police, to scan all vehicles for car bomb and people for weapons before entering terminal. Of course, all pax will need additional one hour check in time.

On exit road, hydraulic vehicle security barrier should be installed and can be raised by a press of button to prevent any escaping vehicle. Better than Woodland checkpoint, 12.7mm HMG is positioned at this post to zap any escapee.

One more reason for MAHB to increases security surcharge and airport tax.

Feeling secure at KLIA? If not, MAHB can always finger print and photo shot of everyone at the check point.

:drinks:

More idea for MAHB to increase security surcharge and airport tax.

Upon check-in, pax will be tag with RFID wristband (similar to those use in theme park) loaded with pax data. Only pax with wrist pax is permitted to enter restricted area, RFID will match with passport details at immigration and again at boarding gate.

With RFID readers installed at various places, MAHB can track all pax especially those who are late for boarding.

It will be the world’s first like Malaysia e-passport even before ICAO have a standard.

At the end, KLIA will be George Orwell’s 1984, total control of movement and almost guarantee secured.

More idea for MAHB to increase security surcharge and airport tax.

Upon check-in, pax will be tag with RFID wristband (similar to those use in theme park) loaded with pax data. Only pax with wrist pax is permitted to enter restricted area, RFID will match with passport details at immigration and again at boarding gate.

With RFID readers installed at various places, MAHB can track all pax especially those who are late for boarding.

It will be the world’s first like Malaysia e-passport even before ICAO have a standard.

At the end, KLIA will be George Orwell’s 1984, total control of movement and almost guarantee secured.

Big Brother is watching, eh? :p Though Orwell's book and the idea gave me unnerving thoughts, but I guess I do agree to a certain measure to have such scrutiny not only at KLIA, but at all international airports. After all, they are the main door to outsiders to come in to our home country.. (well... if we choose to ignore the unprotected borders where illegal immigrants found their way in..).

Then KLIA will be empty. Visitors hv to crowd outside airport just to say hello goodbye which will congest the place. All they need is more guard/police/special force etc. outside, not much inside, cuz then u won't feel the airport atmosphere.