MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
H C Chai

Royal Brunei Summer Schedule

If you think MAS BTP is bad, take a look at this...

The 'enhanced' summer schedule makes no reference to added frequecy, but all flights to Sydney, Shanghai and Denpasar will be suspended! :blink:

I wonder how long the recently introduced BWN-KCH route will last...

06 APRIL 2008

SUMMER SCHEDULE IMPROVES CONNECTIVITY TO KEY DESTINATIONS

Effective 1st June 2008, Royal Brunei Airlines will introduce its enhanced Summer schedule that incorporates improved timings, connections and frequencies.

The Summer schedule will strengthen the overall network by introducing changes that improve accessibility to Brunei Darussalam from Regional and International destinations. Changes include increased flight frequencies to key destinations, convenient timings and better connections. To implement these changes RBA will suspend Sydney and Bali flights from 31st May.

Chief Executive Officer Ray Sayer said, "Although leaving a destination is never an easy decision, as regional competition increases it is necessary for RBA to make these schedule changes that improve RBA's product and strengthen the airline¿s core network."

For ticketed passengers who are affected by the Sydney and Bali flight suspensions in the summer schedule, Royal Brunei Airlines will offer either a full refund of their tickets or the option to be re-accommodated on other carriers. For more information passengers should call RBA Reservations offices at 2212222 or 3333737.

Source: www.bruneiair.com

31 MARCH 2008

ROYAL BRUNEI AIRLINES TO SUSPEND SHANGHAI SERVICES

Royal Brunei Airlines announced today that it will suspend its four-times a week services to Shanghai, People's Republic of China, with effect from Saturday 26th April 2008.

The suspension is part of a gradual transition to strengthen RBA's core route network so as to provide a commercially viable foundation for the airline.

Chief Executive Officer Ray Sayer said, "It was only after a very careful review of the Shanghai operations that the decision was made to suspend our services. This suspension will now allow RBA the opportunity to increase flight frequencies to some of our existing regional destinations."

Royal Brunei Airlines will make all the necessary arrangements for passengers who are affected by this suspension. Passengers who have purchased tickets for flights after the suspension date will be entitled to either a full refund of their tickets or to be re-accommodated on other carriers.

For more information passengers should call RBA Reservations offices at 2212222 or 3333737.

Source: www.bruneiair.com

Edited by H C Chai

Hmmmm Seems like I need to spot more of the Brunettes before they decided to "X" Kch again!!!! <_>

kekeke you never know, maybe one day RBA join hands with MAS in a similar deal macam AF/KLM - albeit on a significantly lesser scale. I think RBA should think of channeling pax through KUL or SIN and focus more on regional connectivity rather than over extending themselves to places like London, Dubai etc

kekeke you never know, maybe one day RBA join hands with MAS in a similar deal macam AF/KLM - albeit on a significantly lesser scale. I think RBA should think of channeling pax through KUL or SIN and focus more on regional connectivity rather than over extending themselves to places like London, Dubai etc

i thot bi/sq and bi/tg codeshare is doing this kind of channeling thru sin and bkk? recently got bi+cx routes to taiwan, korea and japan too...

Edited by Dennis S.

I think RBA should think of channeling pax through KUL or SIN and focus more on regional connectivity rather than over extending themselves to places like London, Dubai etc

No. I don't think they should channel passengers through KUL or SIN. They cannot depend on KUL/SIN for the rest of their life. What they need now is to think like Emirates, Qatar Airways or Etihad Airways. After all the royal house is cash rich. They just need someone to kick their butts so they would "bangun dari mimpi siang". :lol:

I wonder how long the recently introduced BWN-KCH route will last...

Counting days to be suspended too because AirAsia will start KCH-BWN on 12 June 2008. Just my speculation.

AirAsia flying to more places from Kuching

The Star, Thursday April 3, 2008

KUCHING: AirAsia’s four new regional routes from Sarawak will further improve the state’s connectivity. Urban Development and Tourism Minister Datuk Wong Soon Koh said the new destinations were Jakarta, Bali, Bandar Seri Begawan and Singapore.

The Kuching-Jakarta flight commenced on Tuesday while Kuching-Bali will begin on May 2 and Kuching-Bandar Seri Begawan on June 12. The Kuching-Singapore flight will follow later. Wong said the increased connectivity would boost Sarawak’s tourist industry by enabling more visitors to fly to the state.

“With the new regional flights, we can tap into the foreign tourist market. For example, there are many Australian tourists in Bali and they can extend their holiday by coming here on the new AirAsia flight,” he said during a media appreciation night organised by the Sarawak Tourism Board and Sarawak Convention Bureau here on Tuesday night.

He called on tour operators and other industry players to work together with the airline to ensure the new routes could be sustained. He also urged the media to help promote Sarawak to other parts of the world.

Boohoo...just got out of RBA website...if i were to fly to London in june...its rm2282 only...so cheap...the other airlines, mas,emirates,klm,etihad all 3k and above...I hope they continue KCH-BWN run...in my opinion the only really "decent" airline flying into Kuching...why would AK fly KCH-BWN??As it is...there is only 1 flight a day into Sibu and Bintulu...add more frequency...and now with RM3 per bag???what lar??Any idea how full the flights to BWN are??I friend saw one coming in and there were about 50 pax arriving and roughly only 20pax leaving for BWN...tonight BI came in around 8 and flew off at 9.Bz by KCH standard because MI also came in ard 8...

i just quickly browsed thru royal brunei's comments on skytrax... looks like they are really going down the hill... :mellow:

just realized that they have been downgraded to 3 star... i always thought they were a 4 star

I think BI should start trying to keep to a schedule, rather than attempt to streamline it!!

Can't see BI dropping KCH anytime soon, well if our numbers out of PER to KCH on them are any indication.

if i were to fly to London in june...its rm2282 only...

Hi Kenneth, is this fare inclusive of taxes? That is cheap.

...tonight BI came in around 8 and flew off at 9.

I thought all RBA planes make a night stop in KCH and fly back to BWN the following morning, are they running some ad-hoc schedules these days :blink:

"SUMMER SCHEDULE IMPROVES CONNECTIVITY TO KEY DESTINATIONS"

Bye bye to LHR-SYD and LHR-DPS for the Europeans visiting F&F and/or going on holiday <_>

Bye bye to LHR-SHA for the Europeans doing business in this thriving city <_>

How can you improve connectivity when you take cities (connections) off your schedule/timetable ? :huh:

Learned quite a few Vietnamese were using BI on the SGN-BWN-SYD v.v. stretch: bye bye now and have to choose another airline (= turning the back to BI)...

Boohoo...just got out of RBA website...if i were to fly to London in june...its rm2282 only...so cheap...the other airlines, mas,emirates,klm,etihad all 3k and above...I hope they continue KCH-BWN run...in my opinion the only really "decent" airline flying into Kuching...why would AK fly KCH-BWN??As it is...there is only 1 flight a day into Sibu and Bintulu...add more frequency...and now with RM3 per bag???what lar??Any idea how full the flights to BWN are??I friend saw one coming in and there were about 50 pax arriving and roughly only 20pax leaving for BWN...tonight BI came in around 8 and flew off at 9.Bz by KCH standard because MI also came in ard 8...

Now you know why they cannot make money, because they are charging so cheap. And why are they charging so cheap? Because otherwise no one will fly them... So it is a vicious cycle they need to break out of. As much as you would love for BI to continue flying to keep you happy, this is a business, not a charity case. As far as I am concern, companies like BI should just collapse and be taken over by a private entity. Look at Brussels Airlines! National pride aside, SABENA was more like an embarrassment for Belgium rather than soemthing they could be proud of. For BI, a company that has never seen a single day of profit since 1976, it is high time to do something about it, don't you think?

I think BI should start trying to keep to a schedule, rather than attempt to streamline it!!

Can't see BI dropping KCH anytime soon, well if our numbers out of PER to KCH on them are any indication.

Numbers are nothing. BI can operate a full load out of anywhere but their yields are disastrous. YIELD is the key, not passenger numbers.

BI have never made a profit, nor are they really there to. They are there to regulate and keep air travel affordable for Brunei citizens. Without RBA, airlines could all but charge what they want for flights outta BWN, leaving many in this rather rich nation to have to take a boat to Labuan or drive to Miri to make use of air travel. In its current state, it is the exact opposite, with people from Miri and Labuan heading to BWN to travel! Which obviously brings in more than just an airfare for Brunei

BI have now dropped FRA, PVG, SYD, DPS and DRW within the last 12months.

Sandeep, you'll never see BI drop BWN-DXB-LHR, its their primary route.

Edited by Liam Gibb

Looking at the Royal Brunei website, a KCH-BWN 14-day return is priced at B$145 all in (approx RM330). Not a bad price especially comparing it with MH cheapest KCH-MYY return which is RM320! :blink:

I know RBA is not getting the 777.i wonder what happen to the 4 RBA 777 planes? Still in Singapore's hangar....?

There is 1 777 in full BI colours and just 2 weeks back positioned back from Dallaw-FTW to Victorville for storage. The one in SIN is taking up space and not much more, wouldn't be surprised if this one is eventually cut up.

There is still 777 talk about, but very little. I know there was discussion with AF about possibly getting a couple of theirs, but as with anything BI related, you can't believe it until 2 weeks after it happens!