MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
marcusaffleck

MH is Malaysian Hospitality

Guest Michael

Yep the immigration staff at KLIA are certainly friendly to me.

Years ago there was this one male custom officer who liked to "check" on the male crew undergarments when he is doing the inspection. Really gave me the creeps. :shok:

Years ago there was this one male custom officer who liked to "check" on the male crew undergarments when he is doing the inspection. Really gave me the creeps. :shok:

We're kind of off-topic here, aren't we? But that really happened? :rofl: . Wonder where is he now. Fired ka?

But the video is amazing. I was thinking maybe MH can have some kind of competition on producing their inflight videos. Heck, i even have some ideas if i were to produce a video for them. But this one is good already. Lets just hope things get better from here.

Sondang Sirait, The Jakarta Post

"Passport." "(Your) flight is at 6 p.m." "Gate number is on the boarding pass."

Those were the three exact sentences seeing me off from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The person speaking was the man behind the Malaysia Airlines counter at Kuala Lumpur International Airport. No smile whatsoever, though ironically all around us were banners with pictures of people smiling, promoting "Visit Malaysia".

The guy at the check-in counter certainly missed his chance to promote this tourism program, as did the people at the security check and immigration counter. No one bothered saying hi or even goodbye, let alone asking how my Malaysian experience was, despite my carrying a foreign passport out in the open. Well, some immigration officials did smile, but among themselves, while chatting.

Forty-five minutes later, waiting for the inter-terminal train, I overheard an elderly man grumbling out loud in Bahasa Indonesia, "Orang Malaysia sombong-sombong." Translation: "Malaysians are arrogant." His son quickly hushed him, afraid someone would hear.

http://old.thejakartapost.com/detaileditor....F05&irec=4

:drinks:

Edited by KK Lee

I've found this from youtube.

Lovely video! I'm going to post in my livejournal and share with all my non-Malaysian friends! Been wanting to find something like this to show them off about Malaysia, though I think the video were like promoting SHOPPING SPREE in KLCC rather than the beautiful islands and other exotics which make Malaysia the most unique in my eyes ^_^

Thank you for sharing, marcusaffleck! :)

Ryan is calling me a baker cause he is jealous of what I know.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.... :rofl:

mate...you know BOLLOCKS.

Just when I tot MNL-KUL will be my last flight, I was booked on MH again from KUL-PVG :yahoo: Another Malaysian Hospitality for me :drinks:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.... :rofl:

mate...you know BOLLOCKS.

Dude... give him some credit. I am sure he knows how to bake really well. I am sure... he has to be good at SOMETHING!

Dude... give him some credit. I am sure he knows how to bake really well. I am sure... he has to be good at SOMETHING!

I missed him while he was supposedly away on a Golden Club Class holiday, supposedly on the way to Subang Complex-whatever to have an important meet with whoever. I was so looking forward to the photos of the trip... But wait a minute... The trip report photos were... were.... err... coincidentally NOT WORKING!

I pity Baker, this was a chance for him to redeem himself from all the abuses he had so far endured on this forum. But alas, the redemption was not to be. He is destined to be nothing more than an irrelevant one-liner spouter ala Arnold Schwarzenegger in his action flicks. Hey?

He is destined to be a kid no one wants to play with in the playground. No one, even the sand clears around him. So sad...

But what is a forum without such entertainment? Pretty normal, I would say. And normal doesn't cut it these days.

So how does an unemployed Baker feels like? :pardon:

guys..can anyone tell me where i can find this MH,malaysian hospitality banners in wallpaper resoltuion?yea sounds weird but i relli like this idea of malaysian hospitality thing done by MAS..their banners are pretty attractive too.. :)

Hi guys!

Found these vids on youtube. Are these new MH is Malaysian Hospitality TV adverts?

Nice indeed...

So how does an unemployed Baker feels like? :pardon:

It is all fun, isn't it?

How would you feel when someone have taken a piss out of you? :rolleyes:

Hi guys!

Found these vids on youtube. Are these new MH is Malaysian Hospitality TV adverts?

Nice indeed...

Thanks for these, zaki! Now I'm digging all MH's new adverts, surprisingly there are quite a handful more out there on YouTube.. really impressed with them.

The second video.. talking about the station manager, described as one 'young man'.. I've always thought that to be a MAS station manager the staff needs to have a considerable years of experience before being selected as station manager?

Sorry can't edit the above post to add few links I find quite intriguing.. a series of adverts / interviews with some of MH customers and partners.. or so, I think.

Hmm..

Sorry can't edit the above post to add few links I find quite intriguing.. a series of adverts / interviews with some of MH customers and partners.. or so, I think.

Yup... I've watched those and did not find them particularly interesting and inspiring. Does anyone know the purpose of these clips? Are they aired on TV?

I'll still be the same old me...

Good, then I guess you wouldn't mind how people perceive you. :rolleyes:

Anyone is free to express their opinion, no matter how silly or childish it is. What would you achieve by attacking and picking on him personally? So I guess it is all fun to demonising him? I accept that he may be an odd person, but thats just the way he is and you should respect and accept who he is. Whether he is a baker or not, he is contributing towards the society and he has a role in his own world to play in a part and who are you to judge what he is? Are you on the top of the world yourself? :pardon:

Honestly, we wouldn't like to read what your personal problems are with him. I guess it is getting a bit out of hand and too much, if you need to take a piss out of him, please be somewhere else instead.

Good, then I guess you wouldn't mind how people perceive you. :rolleyes: Anyone is free to express their opinion, no matter how silly or childish it is.
Your point being??Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, Baker is no different, I am no different, you are no different. If you choose to get upset with me, I cannot help it. So no hard feelings on my end. Peace!

Good, then I guess you wouldn't mind how people perceive you. :rolleyes:

Anyone is free to express their opinion, no matter how silly or childish it is. What would you achieve by attacking and picking on him personally? So I guess it is all fun to demonising him? I accept that he may be an odd person, but thats just the way he is and you should respect and accept who he is. Whether he is a baker or not, he is contributing towards the society and he has a role in his own world to play in a part and who are you to judge what he is? Are you on the top of the world yourself? :pardon:

Honestly, we wouldn't like to read what your personal problems are with him. I guess it is getting a bit out of hand and too much, if you need to take a piss out of him, please be somewhere else instead.

Your point being??Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, Baker is no different, I am no different, you are no different. If you choose to get upset with me, I cannot help it. So no hard feelings on my end. Peace!

I think i know what sv is trying to say. U're free to express ur opinion, as long as it contributes something to the forum/topic, and Ryan, lets be honest, yours are more of a private arguments with ur so called 'Baker'. We dont really want to know what you think about him. Thats all.

I think i know what sv is trying to say. U're free to express ur opinion, as long as it contributes something to the forum/topic, and Ryan, lets be honest, yours are more of a private arguments with ur so called 'Baker'. We dont really want to know what you think about him. Thats all.

No worries... SV can say what he thinks he wants to. There are many others taking a piss at Baker because we are all frustrated with him. No need to single me out just because I happen to be very vocal about it. I have contributed to MW in my own way and I do not need irrelevant one-liners to disrupt my day. This is an internet forums where views and characters will definitely clash.

So like I say, no hard feelings. Peace...

No worries... SV can say what he thinks he wants to. There are many others taking a piss at Baker because we are all frustrated with him. No need to single me out just because I happen to be very vocal about it. I have contributed to MW in my own way and I do not need irrelevant one-liners to disrupt my day. This is an internet forums where views and characters will definitely clash. So like I say, no hard feelings. Peace...

If Michael is free to contribute to MW in his usual 'irrelevant' ways, Ryan should be free to say what he wants in his usual logical and entertaining ways. Frankly, his posts are hardly malicious in my opinion, and really, he's just saying for a majority of us what we really think of a particular member. I don't see any harm done, and I'll bet Michael is enjoying the attention that he is getting... so everybody's happy in the end :)I don't think it's fair to single Ryan out as many people have also taken a piss at the aforementioned member some time or another. Perhaps all this angst against the particular member is throwing this thread a little off topic; maybe we should simply dedicate an independent thread for Michael and his fans and haters to 'interact'... all in the name of fun! (I'm taking a bet with my partner that this proposed independent thread will never happen... :( )

Edited by S. Huang

I think a distinction has to be made between robust debate which vigourously challenges someone's point of view, and posts which are very obviously nothing more than personal attacks. The former is to be expected and encouraged, but the latter simply uncalled for and totally unproductive.

I'd say it before and I'd say it again - if you don't like someone, simply 'ignore.' Good for the blood pressure. And it only stands to reason that when you stop baiting someone they'd go away.

Two wrongs do not make a right....

I think a distinction has to be made between robust debate which vigourously challenges someone's point of view, and posts which are very obviously nothing more than personal attacks. The former is to be expected and encouraged, but the latter simply uncalled for and totally unproductive.

I'd say it before and I'd say it again - if you don't like someone, simply 'ignore.' Good for the blood pressure. And it only stands to reason that when you stop baiting someone they'd go away.

Two wrongs do not make a right....

Yup, I agree with Keith :) . Very good for the blood pressure! My sentiments too.. cheers all.

...and we will continue with this MH is Malaysian Hospitality thread discussion. Anyone care to share some opinions on my YouTube questions above? ^_^

Sign in to follow this