MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
marcusaffleck

MH is Malaysian Hospitality

Yup, I agree with Keith :) . Very good for the blood pressure! My sentiments too.. cheers all.

...and we will continue with this MH is Malaysian Hospitality thread discussion. Anyone care to share some opinions on my YouTube questions above? ^_^

Motion seconded! :drinks:

No worries... SV can say what he thinks he wants to. There are many others taking a piss at Baker because we are all frustrated with him. No need to single me out just because I happen to be very vocal about it. I have contributed to MW in my own way and I do not need irrelevant one-liners to disrupt my day. This is an internet forums where views and characters will definitely clash.

So like I say, no hard feelings. Peace...

Izhar and Keith, thanks for reiterating my point.

Although everyone is free to write what they wish here. However, if it involves attacking people personally and publicly humiliating anyone it starts to get a bit nasty. Put you in his shoes, would it be okay if someone is attacking or humiliating you? At the end, it is has nothing to do with the topic and fast becoming a topic no other than an avenue of personal attack and public humiliation. Will public humiliation and personal attack change the target of attack? I think we already have the answer by now.

Let this be a warning to others as well who picks on Michael. Ryan, you are not being singled out here, but I thought I should let you know as you are the main person who attacks him with every single situation that appears in front of you. I am not sure why a one liner irritates you guys so much, I mean over an internet forum? I wouldn't even want to know what will happen to Michael if he gives you a one liner face to face. (Hope it does not involve making calls to 999).

You guys have received enough warning from others (especially Keith) to ignore him and you have pledged not to attack him anymore, but still repeatedly did it on another threads. It might be easy for you guys to think that you have humiliated him and attacked him, but at the same time you are humiliating yourself in front of others as wel by continuously "proving your point" about him, but think about this. It is no different from the act of bullying.

I have said what I need to say and I dislike repeating myself. I thought I should let others know that many here wouldn't like to know that we are NOT interested in stuff that attacks or humiliates Michael or anyone personally. MW is no pissing ground for such purpose and neither is MW a stage for the "Itchy and Scratchy" show. To illustrate my point, Zaki above is trying to ask questions about Malaysian Hospitality but almost half of this thread is now about attacking Michael, please focus on the topic from now on.

I hope things are not too late before the moderators decided to do something about it.

Edited by S V Choong

...it actually stands for MAJOR HICCUP.

Flew back on MH001 last Friday and it wasn't pleasant to put it mildly. I had booked my flight via its website and got my e-ticket. As with SQ's e-ticket, I would usually just show up with my passport and everything will be done in a jiffy. And that was exactly what happened during my outbound trip from KLIA. Coolness.

However, that didn't happen when I was traveling back to KUL. I showed my passport, and they couldn't find it in the system. And even after my booking ref, etc etc was given, still couldn't find. At last, I was told the system was DOWN for maintenance. HA HA, what a joke! Maintenance during the most important time on your most important route? What an excuse! Ticketing lady kept calling Malaysian office, no news. JOKERS. As a Malaysian, I was embarrassed with the fracas. Where is the system? (MAS = Mana Ada System, aka No System)

I had to wait for about 1.5 hours (at this point I was really tired) and after that the system was still down. I guess I was the only one who bought via its website as I was the only one stranded there. At last at 9pm, 1 hr before the flight, I was checked in, and my sequence number was 319, a first! I realise that my name was in the system but they just couldn't validate the e-ticket. Is this necessary? Kept thinking that if I was with SQ, I'd be in the VSCH lounge having SOME DINNER.

Oh and I got the best seat in the house, 63D. :drinks: :rolleyes:

Also, I was shocked with the food. Can you imagine they serve your main in some cheap plastic container with plastic cling? You know those ready made meal you buy from TESCO value and you heat it up in the microwave.

This is really dogs. Sorry.

A total lack of competence to me. If this was some other major airline, heads will roll for this. For MAS I doubt any action will be done apart from a "review".

Am going to write a complaint letter regardless. Bin it or not, up to them, but they need to hear this.

Hey mate,

Last month I travel with a MH e-ticket from Sin to Kul. The check in was very smooth and pleasing. No problem at all.

Probably you are a phantom traveler. :blink:

Am going to write a complaint letter regardless. Bin it or not, up to them, but they need to hear this.

Regardless of the advance in ticketing technology, don't neglect Murphy's Law. It's always good to always have a print out of the E-Ticket as a physical hard copy to prove that you should be checked in.

after all my complaints...i am still taking MH. i only have a week's holiday so I didn't want to spend 20-24 hours travelling each way...as much as I would LOVE to get on EK, EY or SQ. damn it. wasting money for more crap. etihad is at least GBP150 pounds cheaper. and don't get me started on the food.

as much as I would LOVE to get on EK, EY or SQ.

mana KLM ? :huh: :blink:

Connections LHR-AMS are pretty fast :pardon:

(KL1022/arr 1935 dep KL0809 2100)

after all my complaints...i am still taking MH. i only have a week's holiday so I didn't want to spend 20-24 hours travelling each way...as much as I would LOVE to get on EK, EY or SQ. damn it. wasting money for more crap. etihad is at least GBP150 pounds cheaper. and don't get me started on the food.

Thank you for flying with Malaysia Airlines! We have been reminded to treat everyone as guest!!!yeepaa!!! :yahoo:

Also, I was shocked with the food. Can you imagine they serve your main in some cheap plastic container with plastic cling? You know those ready made meal you buy from TESCO value and you heat it up in the microwave.

Really? :blink: I know this is not a new thing... but I can't imagine myself having that on my MH flights. A good reason not to fly MH this summer.

Well, if you dont want to eat your main course during your flight, feel free to ask the crew to keep it refrigerated.. and then take it away with you when you leave.. just like snackboxes... <_< haha...

Edited by zaki

mana KLM ? :huh: :blink:

Connections LHR-AMS are pretty fast :pardon:

(KL1022/arr 1935 dep KL0809 2100)

Uncle Pieter very fluent in Malay :blink: !!! Jangan main-main(dont play-play)!!! :drinks:

I totally agree with Nick C! E-ticketing doesn't mean that you can rock up to the airport empty handed - you still need a print out of the eticket receipt for that 1% of the time. Regardless of what IATA thinks, the technology isn't foolproof.

I don't think heads will roll anywhere - this happens quite often (or often enough to be complained about) across all airlines. Many things can lead to the same situation including an incorrect validation, a misspelt name, saving the record into the wrong part of the computer etc. Causes frantic tapping of keyboards and phone calls at the check in counter. Most easily solved by supplying the ticket number. :)

Quoting myself from the very same thread started on SQTalk:

Always be sure to make a note of your eticket number (not just the booking reference) somewhere. If for whatever reason your booking cannot be located, the eticket number will bring it up most of the time.

Situations like these don't fill me with much confidence wrt the IATA eticketing mandate. I feel much safer with paper tickets because there's something physical to 'show.' With etickets you're at the mercy of the airline's computer systems and I've read many a horror story RE "computer says no." Last December I was given the runaround between LH and NZ on an LH issued eticket containing NZ segments which wasn't reissued properly- it's hard to detect what the problem is when you don't actually have a physical record of the ticket.

Edited by Keith T

It happened to me too. I usually purchase many KCH-KUL tickets in advance. In one occasion, I wanted to use one of them but need to rectify the date and thus paying the MYR 100 penalty at MH ticketing office in KCH. The departure date on the ticket has lapsed.

So, I showed the prinout from MH's booking system that I printed after making the purchase but the ticketing officer could not proceed because he don't know the ticket's number. He said it was impossible for him to trace the ticket number using the booking reference number because my ticket has lapsed and I need to go to MH ticketing office in downtown Kuching to have the matter perused. In the end, I have to buy a new ticket.

Later on, I found out that the ticket number was never stated anywhere in the printout from the (old) booking system. But it appears in the copy of the same ticket's itinerary which MH sent into my personal email. After the experience, I started not to print the booking confirmation page right after completing my purchase, but instead printing the itinenary of the ticket that MH sends to my email.

Since MH switches to the new booking system, I think the ticket number was printed in the printout of the booking. The ticket number is also being printed on boading passes now.

Regardless of the advance in ticketing technology, don't neglect Murphy's Law. It's always good to always have a print out of the E-Ticket as a physical hard copy to prove that you should be checked in.

Just to clarify - I did manage to pull out my booking itinerary from my phone (god, the 3G charges better not kill me!!) when I log into Malaysiaairlines.com and retrieve my booking, and logged into my email to show the receipt.

It's not to say that I didn't have all my documents ready - just that it's stored in their OWN website. Isn't this valid?

I have a picture of the food served, let me just dig it up!

Really? :blink: I know this is not a new thing... but I can't imagine myself having that on my MH flights. A good reason not to fly MH this summer.

Well, if you dont want to eat your main course during your flight, feel free to ask the crew to keep it refrigerated.. and then take it away with you when you leave.. just like snackboxes... <_ haha...>

From what I can gather is that the outbound flight will have proper meals, but those departing from London will have those cheap containers. Cost cutting no doubt!!

Please fly SQ. It's worth the hassle :p

I totally agree with Nick C! E-ticketing doesn't mean that you can rock up to the airport empty handed - you still need a print out of the eticket receipt for that 1% of the time. Regardless of what IATA thinks, the technology isn't foolproof.

I don't think heads will roll anywhere - this happens quite often (or often enough to be complained about) across all airlines. Many things can lead to the same situation including an incorrect validation, a misspelt name, saving the record into the wrong part of the computer etc. Causes frantic tapping of keyboards and phone calls at the check in counter. Most easily solved by supplying the ticket number. :)

Quoting myself from the very same thread started on SQTalk:

Don't care if any heads will roll or not, as long as I have done my bit. It's up to them to act on it. They operate on a no complaint no issue basis. No complaints means everything is system-go!

Edited by Edwin P K

Just to clarify - I did manage to pull out my booking itinerary from my phone (god, the 3G charges better not kill me!!) when I log into Malaysiaairlines.com and retrieve my booking, and logged into my email to show the receipt.

It's not to say that I didn't have all my documents ready - just that it's stored in their OWN website. Isn't this valid?

Bookings can still get lost regardless of where they're actually stored for a variety of reasons. Save the 3G charges by printing out the receipt (the one containing ticket number/s) or at least copy the ticket number/s down somewhere in future. You never know when you're going to need it.

While I get your point, but my whole point here is that even with the ticket number and details, they still couldn't manage to get the ticket issued.

While I get your point, but my whole point here is that even with the ticket number and details, they still couldn't manage to get the ticket issued.

Ah... gotcha now. I'd thought you only had the booking reference. :)

Sounds like the eticket wasn't properly created in the first place to begin with in that case.

Short of actually losing it altogether, sounds like my 'blast from the past' handwritten paper ticketed DONE4 is a whole lot safer than etickets in general. Have valid ticket, will travel (like a cheque). Less of this 'computer says no' caper.

Edited by Keith T

Sign in to follow this