MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Meor

AirAsia CHECK-IN Baggage Fees & Rules

....As an example, with the new fee structure, passengers of a one-way flight from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore would have to pay RM45 if they bought 20kg of checked baggage when booking their flight.

If they booked the checked baggage later through Manage My Booking, they would have pay RM52. But if they booked it at the airport counter, they would pay RM355...

www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/airasia-revises-baggage-pricing?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Not really a great business idea when your Lion counterpart offer complimentary baggage allowance.

indeed.. given a choice, i would take Malindo anytime..

just bought a one way ticket to MEL for my aunt for RM801 including value pack (with baggage allowance 20kg, a meal (not specified what you are going to have) and seat selection).

does anyone know if D7 still offers the upgrade to premium flat seats option for certain amount of money at check-in? i did not stumble upon any options while purchasing the ticket.

interestingly Malindo have increased its FREE baggage allowance to 30kg. Also coincidentally when Rafidah Aziz became the Chariman of Air Asia, its have been lsosing money since.