MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Meor

AirAsia CHECK-IN Baggage Fees & Rules

Total is 15kg, regardless of no. of pieces (each piece must pay RM3 online). If more than 15kg, must pay excess fee.

1 piece at 15 kg, pay RM3. 15 pieces at 1 kg each, pay RM45. How much is excess baggage per kg?

1 piece at 15 kg, pay RM3. 15 pieces at 1 kg each, pay RM45. How much is excess baggage per kg?

RM10 / kg for within Peninsular or within East Malaysia.

RM15 / kg between Peninsular and East Malaysia, and international.

hehehe..don't get bising2lah..PAY FOR THE PRICE..LCC come with low fare at their own standard LOW COST service..or not, spent on MaHal for better service.. :pardon: just suggest..i faced all this excess luggeg problems during my diploma study at Sarawak..we always buat muka sopen at the check in counter if we excess the limit..as an U student with lots of books, how could we afford to pay MYR15 per kilo for excess..seem like buying daging at pasar malam je...hehehehe :blink:

15kg ??? That is so impossible I guess

He is going to Labuan to further his studies.

why don pack part of his thing into a box and mail it out? of course not airmail.

yes sending any your stuff via Pos Malaysia,what I mean is by ship cargo will be much cheaper between peninsula and Borneo..pos will use volumetric weight method to be charge to customer..it mean it depend on ur box size..the best thing is,pos will sent all ur stuff in front of ur house,buutttt..it takes around 3 weeks at least to reach ur door home..sending by air vie also give u reasonable rate also and it take within a week..i try this process before during my diploma study at Sarawak.. :rolleyes:

New baggage policy for AirAsia

Monday, 12 January 2009

AirAsia will change its baggage policy from 13 January to reduce risk of double billing.

Dubbed “Supersize”, customers will be able to choose from three tiers of baggage sizes when purchasing their flight seats online.

For domestic flights, guests can choose from

Supersize Regular for up to 15kg of baggage and pay a nominal sum of RM5,

Supersize Medium for up to 20kg at RM43 or

Supersize Large for up to 25kg at only RM80.

For international sectors, charges are RM5, RM55 and RM105 for Supersize Regular, Supersize Medium and Supersize Large respectively.

“With the implementation of Supersize, customers now no longer have to pay the checked-in baggage handling fee of RM5 per piece of luggage. This means passengers who opt for Supersize Regular can check-in more than 1 piece of luggage but only pay RM5 as long as the total weight does not exceed 15kg,” explained Kathleen Tan, AirAsia regional head of commercial.

“Previously, customers who booked online had to pay RM5 for every piece of checked-in luggage, subject to the 15kg allocation. They had to pay double the charges i.e. RM10 per piece over the counter if they did not book online. This is on top of excess baggage charges for checked-in baggage that is more than 15kg,” added Tan.

A similar baggage policy has previously been implemented for AirAsia X flights with rate revisions for its Supersize implementation. Effective 13 January, Supersize Regular (up to 15kg) for AirAsia X remains at the previous rate of RM20, while Supersize Medium (up to 20kg) and Supersize Large (up to 25kg) now cost RM5 more than previously. Supersize Medium for AirAsia X now costs RM55 (RM50 previously) while Supersize Large is RM105 (RM100 previously).

Over-the-counter excess baggage fees remain at RM15 per kg for domestic flights and RM20 per kg for international sectors. There is also no change to AirAsia X excess baggage charges of RM20 per kg on all its international sectors, except for London Stansted that charges RM50 per kg.

http://www.impactpub.com.au/micebtn/index....7&Itemid=50

This is good news as 10KG extra for international flight can cost you RM200 under the old system(half the price of the new upsize luggage policy).

ALSO, from the latest AirAsia's Travel 3Sixty, they will be implementing allocated seating for ALL AirAsia flights and those who wish to preselect seats will pay extra, ala AirAsia X style. No implementation date given. Bravo for listening to the customers. :rolleyes:

Edited by Azri M.

This is one way to get cash to buy new LCCT :D

For allocated seats,AirAsia did something good because no more rushing to aircraft..

Then,for sure Xpress boarding will cut off and the price to select the seat will same as xpress boarding.. :(

ALSO, from the latest AirAsia's Travel 3Sixty, they will be implementing allocated seating for ALL AirAsia flights and those who wish to preselect seats will pay extra, ala AirAsia X style. No implementation date given. Bravo for listening to the customers. :rolleyes:

Current system of free for all seats is like cattle free from pen. Allocated seat is more civilised way to travel. :clapping: :good:

:drinks:

Current system of free for all seats is like cattle free from pen. Allocated seat is more civilised way to travel. :clapping: :good:

:drinks:

assigned seating already implemented for KUL-TRZ-KUL route and believe me it's a hassle! meaningless to buy xpress boarding on this sector.

ALSO, from the latest AirAsia's Travel 3Sixty, they will be implementing allocated seating for ALL AirAsia flights and those who wish to preselect seats will pay extra,

This also need to charge. . :angry:

actually, i think they shouldnt charge for choosing regular seats when booking online... I mean look at Jetstar, free online seat selection, makes it so much easier. Seriously, if no one selects the seats, AK won't get money, and pax still be assigned seats at check-in anyway. They should only charge for choosing maybe the first 3 or 4 rows and exit rows to replace 'express boarding'.

actually, i think they shouldnt charge for choosing regular seats when booking online... I mean look at Jetstar, free online seat selection, makes it so much easier. Seriously, if no one selects the seats, AK won't get money, and pax still be assigned seats at check-in anyway. They should only charge for choosing maybe the first 3 or 4 rows and exit rows to replace 'express boarding'.

Correct, but it may be more like Tiger Airways and AirAsia X preselect seats system (Jetstar gives free preselect seats). If you want to choose a seat when booking, you'll pay some money, and if you choose exit row/buckhead seat you'll pay extra more money. If you do not choose to preselect seat, you'll be given a seat anyway when checking in, it's just that you'll get whatever left in the system... You won't get charged extra for that.

I hope that clarifies thing.

Edited by Azri M.

Was trying to book a flight by AK suddenly saw the Check in luggage cost Rm 10?! I thought it used to be Rm5 ? Without any announcement for the increament.

What’s next? If they follow Ryanair, these can be expected;

* Online check-in (print own ticket at home)

* Airport check-in (“Airport Boarding Card Re-issue”)

* “Payment handling fee”, per |passenger, per one-way flight

* Infant fee (under-2s)

* 2nd piece of hold baggage (max 15kg)

* Children’s travel/car seat

:finger: :( :angry:

Yes, they will increase and increase. Then they cut - and make a big hoo hah about it. Still they need to recover the lost admin fees from somewhere!

What’s next? If they follow Ryanair, these can be expected;

* Online check-in (print own ticket at home)

* Airport check-in (“Airport Boarding Card Re-issue”)

* “Payment handling fee”, per |passenger, per one-way flight

* 2nd piece of hold baggage (max 15kg)

* Children’s travel/car seat

:finger: :( :angry:

* Infant fee (under-2s)- This has started, no more free flights for small juniors.

* Infant fee (under-2s)- This has started, no more free flights for small juniors.

I think this has always been charged. I remember that when AK/D7 have FOC tickets, infant fare is higher than adult fare!

'Infant fee' has always been there. In late 2006 I paid RM30/way for an infant. Flat rate for all flight.

Thanks Naim for the info, Can't remember in what year they started charging. Now I remember. :rolleyes:

Now my junior have to pay adult fare same as me (above 2yrs old) :sorry: Damage $$$