MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Phil

London Heathrow EGLL/LHR

Liew,

How many mm when making shots like Luxair ?

Really love the backdrop in your shots !!! :good:

Liew,

How many mm when making shots like Luxair ?

Uncle Pieter, it was taken at 128mm.

Oooh Nice shots from LCY :D You shot from the other side then we have last May ! Interesting shots man! :yahoo:

Thanks... :drinks:

G-ISLF

GISLFmw.jpg

G-LCYN

GLCYNmw.jpg

HB-IYV

HBIYVmw.jpg

HB-JGA

HBJGAmw.jpg

:drinks:

Beautiful shots guys! Docklands has some interesting cityscape! :clapping:

Its a shame that they are closing Sg Besi airport in November. It would be very interesting if they had developed it like London City airport...

Beautiful shots guys! Docklands has some interesting cityscape! :clapping:

Its a shame that they are closing Sg Besi airport in November. It would be very interesting if they had developed it like London City airport...

I doubt KL can sustain 3 active airports then. (KUL,SZB and Sg.Besi) London is way different.

I will be heading to LHR via DXB on the 29th of this month and will have about 6 hours in Heathrow to waste while waiting for someone. May I know where will be the best place to spot from/nearby T3? :drinks:

Take the Underground to the next station Hatton Cross, and walk to the park close to 27L...excellent for landing shots too...

Plane spotting evolved from train spotting - and if I remember correctly, it was the British who started pursuing this hobby. Of course, in the early days, spotters just had a notebook to note down train numbers after they have been spotted. The same goes for plane spotting - spotters kept their logs of reggos of where they spotted the planes. Photographing their spots is something that is relaitvely new.

There should be no problems with plane spotting in the UK as it is a recognised activity. In fact, spotters there work with airport security as their eyes and ears. Don't be surprised if you bump into some UK spotters at Hatton Cross. They are a friendly lot - like most plane spotters around the world!

Thanks for the links flee! I actually did some research on my own too and most of them recommended Myrtle Ave. I guess I'll be heading there for a few hours of spotting :yahoo:

Didn't manage to go spotting when I arrived in LHR as I only know directions to RWY 27L but RWY 27R was in use for landing when I was there so I only have 1 shot to post :drinks:

dsc9882i.jpg

Too bad :( I remember I wrote a small summary of spotting @ LHR a few pages back...

Next time you can always ask as well as there are so many spotters with lots of experience all around the world, there is always one who can help you out with those matters ;)

Weather yesterday was probably the best I've encountered since arriving in London. Some rare (For me at least) birds to share from cold, windy but thankfully, sunny LHR. :drinks:

A very sleek looking LH A321 in retro scheme

dsc1948w.jpg

Royal Air Maroc or RAM in short. Had to A.net this plane for more details.

775m.jpg

Probably the loudest twin engine plane that came in while I was there.

835s.jpg

The park provides a good place for a romantic date too! :pardon:

dsc2122i.jpg

S M Tang, what is the name of the park?

The park has no name if I'm not mistaken but I think they just call it Myrtle Avenue Park because it's near Myrtle Avenue.

The park provides a good place for a romantic date too! :pardon:

If I had tried to justify a plane spotting trip at some non-descript park nearby LHR as a romantic date, I doubt the missus would be my missus as I know her today :p

But we were admittedly much younger and naive back then :D

OT:

Hahahaha BC! :)

I think SMT has yet to discover other London parks/gardens like Kew Gardens, Hampton Court, Richmond Park, etc. All parks are romantic in the British summmer. SMT should try going there again in winter! ;)

SMT,

Good catches from London City! :good:

Looks like you are now our rep in London! Your big catch might come next year, when BA receives its A380.

OT:

Hahahaha BC! :)

I think SMT has yet to discover other London parks/gardens like Kew Gardens, Hampton Court, Richmond Park, etc. All parks are romantic in the British summmer. SMT should try going there again in winter! ;)

SMT,

Good catches from London City! :good:

Looks like you are now our rep in London! Your big catch might come next year, when BA receives its A380.

OT:

I was actually being sarcastic but too bad we can't sense sarcasm on the internet :p But yeah, the parks here are really beautiful. I don't think I need to experience the winter here as it's already quite cold now.

Back to the topic:

Sorry to let you down but I'll be going back to KUL this Tuesday.