MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Wrecks & Relics

whoaaaa .... any info of the people living in there ?

Aviation lovers ? or just too "resourceful" ?

i see lights on the belly as well , wished I could have one of those on my lawn !

2 days ago,a malay daily reported an aircraft fuselage is currently parted out by the roadside at Jalan Anggerik Mokara, Section 31, Shah Alam. All white c/s, B737.

Edited by MIR

LOL. It's kinda unique though & any history about the plane & how it ended up at the house?

Z

I came across this website: http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/73471-question-identify-this-plane/?p=1239800

The plane belongs to one of the family members who used to be a pilot. The rego is still unknown till today, i guess it was once an ex RMAF plane, sold and demilitarized for civilian usage.

Edited by MIR

I dropped by at Yayasan Melaka International College yesterday to view the former Gading Sari B737 9M-PMM,

found out they have more instructional airframes.

Latest addition, former Executive Jets Asia, British Aerospace HS-125-700B (RP-C5998). Transported from Senai Airport last May.

RP-C5998_081115_zps4wfu21dg.jpg

The college also has two CTRM Eagle E-150B, there are still a large number of Eagle 150B at CTRM Batu Berendam.

ctrm_E150B_081115_zpsl0vgrcbw.jpg

Sitting in the corner of Jalan Kampung and perpendicular to Jalan Bukit Bintang, this B737-300 was formerly owned by Lloyd Aereo Boliviano (LAB) - CP2313 from 1996-2007. Lorena Air of Indonesia was suppose to take delivery of this aircraft as PK-LSE from lessor CSDS Aircraft Sales & Leasing in the late 2000s. However, the airline never became operational. She still carries her lessor's rego N730CS.

Like some aircrafts in the world who 'has a second life'; the likes in Sweden(747-Jumbo Hotel), Thailand(L1011-Chang Chui Market), India(A320-Hawai Adda), Ghana(DC10-La Tanta Restaurant) and many others, she will be turned into a restaurant called Plane In The City / SKYLAND Kuala Lumpur. Not many details are availalbe in the media/google about this setup. Maybe, the restaurant is managed by the same team who runs Dinner In The Sky KL, since both are located in the same compound. Hope they don't serve EY inflight meals when they open up for business.

2BoVkUC.jpg

Edited by KS Ong

On 3/4/2018 at 1:18 PM, KS Ong said:

Sitting in the corner of Jalan Kampung and perpendicular to Jalan Bukit Bintang, this B737-300 was formerly owned by Lloyd Aereo Boliviano (LAB) - CP2313 from 1996-2007. Lorena Air of Indonesia was suppose to take delivery of this aircraft as PK-LSE from lessor CSDS Aircraft Sales & Leasing in the late 2000s. However, the airline never became operational. She still carries her lessor's rego N730CS.

Like some aircrafts in the world who 'has a second life'; the likes in Sweden(747-Jumbo Hotel), Thailand(L1011-Chang Chui Market), India(A320-Hawai Adda), Ghana(DC10-La Tanta Restaurant) and many others, she will be turned into a restaurant called Plane In The City / SKYLAND Kuala Lumpur. Not many details are availalbe in the media/google about this setup. Maybe, the restaurant is managed by the same team who runs Dinner In The Sky KL, since both are located in the same compound. Hope they don't serve EY inflight meals when they open up for business.

2BoVkUC.jpg

This B737 airframe has moved to the Mines, Seri Kembangan and decorated in murals since March 2021. 

"Country Heights founder and executive chairman Tan Sri Lee Kim Yew said the 45-tonne Boeing 737 was previously used as a restaurant in Bukit Bintang before being purchased and taken to the Mines Wellness City."

https://selangorjournal.my/2021/03/portraits-of-selangor-sultan-tengku-permaisuri-adorn-airplane-turned-restaurant/

Edited by JuliusWong