MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Md. Rudy

Etihad Airways Global Pilot Cadet Scheme

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2008/...det-scheme.html

Etihad launches global pilot cadet scheme

By Murdo Morrison

Abu Dhabi's Etihad is launching a worldwide cadet scheme for aspiring first officers as fast-growing airlines in the Middle East and Asia battle to recruit enough pilots.

It will complement Etihad's existing cadet programme for UAE nationals, which started last year as part of a campaign to convince more locals to train as pilots with the flag carrier.

Although global demand means the pool of experienced first officers is rapidly draining, this is believed to be one of the first times a major carrier has promoted a scheme to train and offer jobs to foreign youngsters with no flying experience.

Etihad plans to launch its first course around June, with a group of 12 would-be pilots. Two further intakes of 12 will follow later in the year. The trainees - school-leavers or college graduates - will move to Abu Dhabi where they will do around 18 months of ab initio training at Horizon Flight Academy, followed by several months of instruction and line-flying under supervision as second officers. They will pay back their fees over eight years as bonded pilots.

The airline, which is expecting a "massive response" to its first advertisements, is looking for "people with a passion who are committed to being a pilot as a long-term career", says Etihad's executive vice-president operations Richard Hill. "We will be selecting from the top percentile of applicants - the cream of the crop," he adds.

A total of 48 students will join the separate scheme for UAE nationals in the first year. The airline is keeping the two groups apart initially because of different skills sets and competence in English, but they will be integrated as soon as they begin their flying careers. "We want to make sure there is no divisiveness," says Hill.

Etihad has a fleet of 37 aircraft and will take delivery of 16 more by 2011, including seven Airbus A330s and four A320s Dubai-based rival Emirates says it has no plans to launch a similar scheme, although, like Etihad, it runs a cadet programme for nationals.* Flight International will be covering Etihad's plans in detail in our Careers in the Middle East supplement with our 8 April issue.

Another opportunity beside MAS & SIA cadet program for malaysian.... :clapping:

Good alternative.

though..God Bless those who are chosen...living in Al-Ain for training shouldnt be the highlight of anybody's life.

Al-Ain teruk ka?

I heard Al-Ain/Abu Dhabi are facing shortage of 'proper' housing due Etihad expansion. Newly recruited Captain & FO for Etihad are currently complaining about the condition of their temporary housing.

However, the details of the program is not clear. Its possible training will be conducted elsewhere.

When you are a cadet, you are expected to live in the worst of conditions. There is no such thing as luxuries of life. That is what cadet life is all about. Look long term. Being a cadet means chance of a lifetime and living out of your comfort zone. No sacrifice no gain.I have served my time already.

When you are a cadet, you are expected to live in the worst of conditions. There is no such thing ass luxuries of life. That is what cadet life is all about. Look long term. Being a cadet means chance of a lifetime and living out of your comfort zone. No sacrifice no gain.I have served my time already.

LeeCH is referring to SIA cadet life/treatment, which I've served as well &

I personally think unecessary & unwarranted in many aspects.

But that's the way of life in Singapore you should expect (as a pilot or other profession), they like to make things very difficults unecessarily.So, there is a good chance you'll have better conditions than SIA cadet program. :rolleyes:

hehehe

spare a thought for those of us "serving time" now... well JDK really isn't bad - the rooms are very comfortable... but WSSL.... woahh....

hehehe

spare a thought for those of us "serving time" now... well JDK really isn't bad - the rooms are very comfortable... but WSSL.... woahh....

hehe Sandeep,

Good luck in your training. I heard JDK has turned into another typical singapore's prison where prisoner can escape!

I have no complain about room since my boarding school asrama was much worst lah. For me just the useless OBS (I have been to BTN - Biro Tata Negara which was tougher) & cheap labor at the office. These 2 don't make u a better pilot!

anybody in this forum applied for the Etihad cadet scheme?

I went to the website and couldnt complete the application form. the license and employment column couldnt be left empty.

or do they accept only applicant with flying license?

Hi guys .

Sorry to disturb u for this.

the problem which i am going through is that i cant fill in the "0"s and the "NA"s in the :

Employment Details and History

Current License Details

Flying School.I have followed all the steps that have been given to me by the airline, but still not working.

Please help me and to thoese who applied to the cadetship in etihad please give me tips on how to fill them up.

Thank you :)

Hmm... sorry I didn't ventured in the said webpage, am no help here.

But usually when I need to fill in an online form that won't accepted confirmation unless I keyed in everything, even though I have no info to add, I usually writes the word "nil" or just a few "...". Maybe you can try that?

All the best haansel :)

Sign in to follow this