MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
M. Sofian H.

Penang Airport Upgrade

Penang International Airport was opened the new check inn counter. Now PEN has 64 check in counter

DSC00899.jpg

DSC00900.jpg

DSC00901.jpg

DSC00902.jpg

cafe (new image )

DSC00904.jpg

DSC00906.jpg

Airport Shoppe was replace by Kenny Roaster

DSC00907.jpg

I like the lighting. However Nando's Chicken restaurant doesn't have hand washing facilities (sink) and customers have to use the washroom. Wonder if MAHB has remedied this. It's inconvinient and messy to have people with oily hands after eating chicken to have to go to the restroom to clean up.

Nice lighting but the coral reed and 'Nemo' are off... misleading info. Penang is not Tioman. Can you tell me where in Penang you could find coral reed and clown fish? The Aquarium at the Jabatan Perikanan in Batu Maung? No no. me no likey... na-ah..

Nice lighting but the coral reed and 'Nemo' are off... misleading info. Penang is not Tioman. Can you tell me where in Penang you could find coral reed and clown fish? The Aquarium at the Jabatan Perikanan in Batu Maung? No no. me no likey... na-ah..

This design should be done for Terengganu Airport.

The old terminal would remind me of the old days, but I welcome the new terminal... :-) Changes are for the future...

The new check-in/terminal/restaurant looks nice, but I like better the restaurant which used to be located up-stairs towards the apron because as one dined one could have a nice view of the apron movement as well as take-offs/landings...

Thanks for the photos... ;-)

Coral reed??!! What's coral reed?... aiyoooh... typo until 2 times!... malu-malu!.. [embarrasing] :sorry:

Just realized once read Simon's reply... reef lah.. REEF.. duh!

The old terminal would remind me of the old days, but I welcome the new terminal... :-) Changes are for the future...

The new check-in/terminal/restaurant looks nice, but I like better the restaurant which used to be located up-stairs towards the apron because as one dined one could have a nice view of the apron movement as well as take-offs/landings...

Thanks for the photos... ;-)

was about to say the same thing too....back in the 80's..still remember the open air concept..with island check in areas..

i dunno any of u guys agree with me..somehow i don't like the ocean deco on the ceiling...

i dunno any of u guys agree with me..somehow i don't like the ocean deco on the ceiling...

Moi! Moi! Je deteste!! [Me me! I hate it!]

new check in counter

22052008489.jpg

AirAsia

22052008491.jpg

FireFly Airlines, still no banner or sticker. Open daily from 7.am until 10pm

22052008488.jpg

Kartika Airlines

22052008490.jpg

Jatayu Airlines

MAS Self Check inn

22052008492.jpg

still under maintenance

22052008493.jpg

I think PEN is 2nd airport that use self check in? kot laa

Walkway with roof for firefly passenger and other LCC Airlines

22052008496.jpg

Sofian, I think those are ticketing offices right? Not check-in counters.

opocot! wrong again, ya ticketing counter, sorry i kalut tadi!

the computers at the MH ticketing office is for internet booking NOT self check-in. Self check-in kioks look like ATMs.

Hmm,do MH really have the Self Check-in kiosks? If i'm not mistaken AK do have this system at LCCT,right?

Hi all... Other than the Nemo-inspired motifs, what is so new about the "new" Penang Airport? It looks the same since my last trip there a few years back! Unless my memory is fuzzy...

I think the benefits of an MH internet booking facility at the airport is greatly diminished by the fact that one cannot book & purchase tickets for a flight leaving in a few hours.

In fact, the cut-off time is a useless 48 hours.

Agreed. MH lost many businesses from the last minute travellers, who prefer online transactions. MH should take the cue from AK, whose booking lead time is only 4 hours before the departure time (with AK, online booking can be made up to 5 hours ahead of the flights' departure time).

I think the benefits of an MH internet booking facility at the airport is greatly diminished by the fact that one cannot book & purchase tickets for a flight leaving in a few hours.

In fact, the cut-off time is a useless 48 hours.

I suppose if we are to moan about this, we'll likely be directed towards the stand-by counter instead ! :)

:sorry: those counter remind me PuduRaya. :pardon:

Dude... That's low. Hahahahaha... Let's give Penang a break lah, it DOESN'T look like Puduraya. I'd be happy if Pudu looked anywhere near that!

:sorry: those counter remind me PuduRaya. :pardon:

Ryan, sadly true... that was my first impression as well... :(

new check in counter

22052008489.jpg

AirAsia

hey, tat's me in the photo!!! the AK staff standing on the right of this photo.. Sofian, when did you take this photo? how come i was caught unaware?? Well, it's fine.. I'm lucky to be captured.. hehe.. The new place is pretty neat, but the facilities are pretty low grade.. Visit the place again & you'll get what i mean.. New check in counters, however... most of the weighing scales are faulty.. Next time anyone wants to visit PEN apt, gv me a call la, i'll bring you around..

Cheers.. I'll have to say, it's a nice photo, a very pretty one... cos u have me in the photo.. hahahaha!!!