MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth T

Who is behind Air Asia‏

I wonder, the accuracy of this thing.

For SIA, losing RM40 million (S$17 million) profit from the KL-Singapore sector is chicken feed. Air Asia is feeding thousands of transit passengers from KL to Changi . Air Asia is providing RM19 bus rides from KL to KLIA. From KLIA, passengers fly almost free to Changi. From Changi the passengers can connect to the world.

Now, Air Asia is making another wish - they want to fly direct from Kuching, KK, Penang, Alor Setar, Kota Bharu, etc., to Changi. They will earn even more 'subsidies' from Singapore. KLIA will drop dead later, MAS will die first.

Points to be noted here:

1. Singapore never subsidized their own carrier, why should they start subsidizing foreign carriers?

2. Why on earth SQ would like to use AK as their feeder. People who can afford SQ will fly SQ from KUL or PEN. The cost difference to fly SQ on KUL-SIN-HKG and SIN-HKG is very little. It doesn't make sense for people to fly AK to SIN and continue with SQ somewhere else. SIN is also not known to have bargain fares like BKK or CMB.

3. Changi is a business venture. The only benefit that I can think of is AK getting special rates for bringing more passengers into Changi. More passengers, means higher revenue of the retail areas. Mind you, most of Changi's income is derived from its retail sectors, not landing and parking fees.

Edited by Ivan L.

-Ditto-

and Kenneth.. pls quote the source or link...

so that we can weigh the accuracy.. ;)

I got it from an email forwarded to me...so i just copy and paste only. Sorry that i cant get the link also..haha :rolleyes:

I think you miss out someone on the people behind Airasia

-Our former MOT who he himself retired from political scene.

T/S LLS ? I thought his finger was in the Transmile pudding ?

Oh wait, nine other fingers aren't there ?! ;)

T/S LLS ? I thought his finger was in the Transmile pudding ?

Oh wait, nine other fingers aren't there ?! ;)

haha.need not to mentioned any names here.lol.i am sure you know who i mean.=P

Come on BC Tam...........you should know who it is....with all the involvement of the scenarios mentioned earlier in thread. Who's era do you think it would be?

ii. If budget flights are allowed between KL-Singapore, KLIA will die an unnatural death. KLIA will become a feeder airport for Singapore's Changi. People will fly from KL to Singapore and then fly off from Singapore to the rest of the world. MAS will then die a natural death. So the request was declined.

For SIA, losing RM40 million (S$17 million) profit from the KL-Singapore sector is chicken feed. Air Asia is feeding thousands of transit passengers from KL to Changi . Air Asia is providing RM19 bus rides from KL to KLIA. From KLIA, passengers fly almost free to Changi. From Changi the passengers can connect to the world.

only ignorant people would believe in the above arguments. fyi, airasia, like any other LCCs, has got no interlining agreement with any airlines hence connecting passengers will be issued two separate tickets and will have to retrieve their bags and carry it to the connecting airline for check-in. big hassle! moreover, SQ fare structure is such that if you travel kul-sin with onward connecting flight to say, London, your kul-sin sector is given away practically free. no need airasia, no need to carry your bag to connecting airline for another check-in.

hey...with the election results...hope that there will be some changes! Pak lah better wake up!

No, he better resign!

No idea on the extent of change we'd see in Malaysia now that BN no longer holds 2/3 majority, but at least any of govt's plans to bail out MAS (via PMB, Petronas, etc) will no longer go unchallenged at Dewan Rakyat!

So IJ beware, the safety net may no longer be as comfortable as in the past...

only ignorant people would believe in the above arguments

There there... be nice... :) No need to resort to name calling just to get your point across.

Edited by Keno Omar

No, he better resign!

Yes, i cant wait for that otherwise his son in law will be acting like a big taiko in UMNO.

now, now..with the recent spate in GE12, does both of them really have the guts to show off their power? as for pakcik lah, well, let's just say that its a matter of time before Bolehland will have a new PM very, very soon. once that happen, what will happen to KJ, TF & Co? are they going to continue to screw MH like they did in the last 4 years? or will MH continue to fly into the dark pit? as for AK, most of its success are contribute by the so-called "cable" in the government, without those "cable" AK won't be able to become what it is today. but who knows, things might go the other way around & AK continue to be successful without those "cable" and MH might...well, lets not mention about it.

I can still recall sometime not so long ago, TF was singing the tone, rather loudly, of how AK has been victimized by big brother MH and how AK has been put in a severely disadvantaged position because of government policy favoring MH and how MH is getting government subsidy. We all believed him and still do.

Maybe someone should remind him (and ourselves) of these words he declared in public and the many other promises where the situation is today either completely reversed or conveniently forgotten.

I can still recall sometime not so long ago, TF was singing the tone, rather loudly, of how AK has been victimized by big brother MH and how AK has been put in a severely disadvantaged position because of government policy favoring MH and how MH is getting government subsidy. We all believed him and still do.

Maybe someone should remind him (and ourselves) of these words he declared in public and the many other promises where the situation is today either completely reversed or conveniently forgotten.

Couldn't agree more but for this i must.haha.=P

For the scenarios that has been happening so far ever since our beloved old man became the PM

Airasia has been raising their voice countless times and this what AA and we have gotten so far

a) Rationalisation on the domestic routes ( Free for All basically )

1. AA to serve on all the non profitable route

eg KUL - IPOH

Just by sending an Airbus there the conclusion of the story was there - NOT ALLOWED TO LAND DUE TO ITS CHARACTERISTICS

Case closed till today and Firefly is now operating it.

2. AA must take the RAS

eg FAX was formed in order to serve the RAS as they claimed that it will only be used as a separate entity on its account.

True , but to a certain extent . ITS AOC " Air Operating Certificate" allows them to operate without any restrictions as there were restrictions imposed on AA AOC that they can only serve domestic and

non-international routes and there was something under "TFS" sleeves.

Mind on my S as i think there is too many individuals are involved in this matter there.lol.

- The transition on MAS handing the RAS to AA or FAX went on smoothly with their Fokkers and Otters

They find it that "shite, i cannot make money from these routes"

As LCC airlines. One after another their "birds" was shot down in order to make their other birds working.

Till the extent that they cannot sustain further , we WANT MAS to take back these routes as we only want one turboprop operator in the country and we want concentrate on our newly launch AAX

"dude if you want to be in the business and you afraid of committing ,don't buy so many airbus lar."

( Bollocks , Firefly to serve Peninsular and MASWings to serve the RAS when the government said that "yes we(the government) will bear all the losses incurred on operating the RAS.)

If this could have happen at the first place why didn't the government "instruct" FAX aka AAX to serve it this way?

3. TF once again eyes on the KUL-SIN-KUL route

He once said that " Who said we need them ( Kul-Sin-Kul). We can expand better without it" and this was said after his proposal was shot down and when was that??????

Recent they said " We want to fly to Singapore "

less than a month clearance was granted.

" AA now flies to SINGAPORE the LION CITY 2x DAILY "

Question now is people how can all this happen and MAS "happen" to just sit down with their hands tied up being stuffed with garbage in their mouth to suffocate them furthermore.

All these things are done on very valid reason that they gave and it did manage to wash all of our eyes

- It is a "healthy" competition for both parties

Ladies and gentlemen , Boys and girls this how transparency is being practiced in our beloved country.

Last but not leased

The opposition once asked our "beloved" PM in the parliament meeting "Is it true that the government bought a new private jet?"

He replied " This is a matter where it is still on KIV" ( tell all our tax payers that the photographs of the malaysian dignified emblem isn't on the airbus )

Edited by FK Wong

conclusion...

MH bankrupt coz KJ & Tony!!!

LATEST NEWS: Before election, Tony urge KJ to advise PM for AK take over subang...

mampuslah lepas ni.. apa nak jadi dengan FY??

mampuslah lepas ni.. apa nak jadi dengan FY??

i presume tat FY can survive , if FY can collapse that easily , might as well to stop the business , even ak started from the scratch

no one will die here :nea:

Edited by Louis L.

Nobody wanna resign huh......

Eventualy he wil have to resign. It just a matter of time. I dont think he can survive for the next four years given his present management.

Edited by Kenneth T

Sign in to follow this