MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kenneth T

Who is behind Air Asia‏

Kawan-kawan, please fasten your seat belts now. I thought that I knew something about what is really going on in the administration of Abdullah Badawi. Today I found out I have not even scratched the surface. The following is panas-panas news. You may want to hit the ejection button (not yours but theirs) after reading this.

Firstly, the shareholders and/or stakeholders of Air Asia (directly, indirectly, through proxies, etc.) include Kamaluddin bin Abdullah Badawi, Kalimullah Maseerul Hassan (also into Tune Hotels), Khairy Jamaluddin, Tony Fernandez, etc.

We all know the story of Air Asia. Wel,l we all thought it was a rags to riches story. It is actually a story about riches. The rags part is actually very hazy.

When MAS entered into a phase of 'restructuring' about three years ago, Air Asia, through Tony Fernandez, struck fast and furious.

Before we go further, you may want to ask why did MAS have to suffer yet another 'restructuring'? That is a story by itself for another day but just bear in mind that Badawi's brother, Ibrahim, is the owner of the catering company (Skychef?) that used to supply mineral water at RM35 a case to MAS.

With that kind of pricing, surely MAS would need 'restructuring'.

Anyway, Air Asia stepped in and pushed the Gomen for a 'rationalisation' of the domestic air routes in Malaysia. Air Asia asked to be given MAS' Sabah and Sarawak routes. MAS could keep flying in Semenanjung, they said. Despite objections by MAS, Air Asia was granted its wish.

But the wish did not just happen. Zaki, a fourth floor boy at the PM's office, helped Air Asia make its wish come true.

Once MAS lost its Sabah and Sarawak routes to Air Asia, there was a staff redundancy. So MAS had to organise a VSS. MAS demanded that since Air Asia was taking over their Sabah and Sarawak routes it would make some of their staff redundant so Air Asia should pay MAS some compensation.

Everyone (MAS, Gomen and even Air Asia) agreed that compensation was payable to MAS. But Air Asia would not pay anything. Finally, the Gomen (err that means you and me lah, Encik Taxpayer) paid the compensation to MAS, which MAS promptly used in one of the most expensive VSS payments in our history.

If your blood is starting to boil, stop reading and better cool off because it does not get better.

Then, within one year, Air Asia realised that the Sabah and Sarawak routes were not profitable. They never were. MAS was performing national service in Sabah and Sarawak. Flying chickens and goats is not a money-making venture.

No problem. Air Asia made another wish. They told the Gomen, we have to return these air routes back to MAS. Again MAS objected. Again overruled. Not relevant.

Then came the handing over ceremony of the air routes and the airplanes. When they took over the Sabah/Sarawak routes, Air Asia had 'acquired' seven airplanes from MAS in perfect working condition. (MAS does have one of the best safety records in the world.)

However, when Air Asia 'returned' the planes to MAS, only one was left in working condition. The other six planes were grounded, not fit for flying and could not fly.

In actual fact, Air Asia was cannibalising parts from the six planes to keep the seventh one flying. Again MAS objected. Again overruled. Not relevant. It eventually cost MAS in excess of RM50 million to make the planes flyable again. This was a direct subsidy to 'rags to riches' Air Asia's profits.

Then Air Asia started eyeing the lucrative KL-Singapore routes. Tighten your seat belts. This one will really jolt. But they went about it the roundabout way. They said they wanted to go international. They did (some) but international routes are tough. No Zaki, Badawi, Khairy, Kalimullah or Kamaluddin to make your wishes come true.

But the KL-Singapore sector was generating RM40 million in PROFITS to MAS. This was the plum in the pudding. Air Asia wanted it badly.

So they made another wish. It came true. This is how they did it. Air Asia's bid to break into the KL-Singapore sector was first discussed in Cabinet when Badawi was on holiday overseas. Najib chaired the meeting and Air Asia's application was rejected.

The application was rejected for two main reasons:

i. By 2009 the whole of ASEAN becomes open sky anyway. ASEAN airlines can fly to all ASEAN capitals without restrictions. So why open up KL-Singapore in double quick time?

ii. If budget flights are allowed between KL-Singapore, KLIA will die an unnatural death. KLIA will become a feeder airport for Singapore's Changi. People will fly from KL to Singapore and then fly off from Singapore to the rest of the world. MAS will then die a natural death. So the request was declined.

Then Badawi came back from his travels and asked Tengku Adnan the Minister of Tourism to prepare a paper on tourism, linking MAS, Air Asia, SIA, etc., to tourist arrivals. At the next Cabinet meeting chaired by Badawi, he asked Tengku Adnan to present the 'Cabinet paper'.

Insiders say that the paper was an 'out of Agenda' item - meaning it surprised everyone, but the dunggus approved it nonetheless. Air Asia got its wish again. Tengku Adnan also secured his Putrajaya seat.

Now here is the killer. Soon after Air Asia started flying the KL-Singapore sector, they started giving away 300,000 free tickets, 5 sen tickets and all the other gimmicks. Singapore is believed to be subsidising Air Asia for all these expensive gimmicks.

For SIA, losing RM40 million (S$17 million) profit from the KL-Singapore sector is chicken feed. Air Asia is feeding thousands of transit passengers from KL to Changi . Air Asia is providing RM19 bus rides from KL to KLIA. From KLIA, passengers fly almost free to Changi. From Changi the passengers can connect to the world.

Now, Air Asia is making another wish - they want to fly direct from Kuching, KK, Penang, Alor Setar, Kota Bharu, etc., to Changi. They will earn even more 'subsidies' from Singapore. KLIA will drop dead later, MAS will die first.

This is how we go from 'rags to riches'. And we all thought Tony Fernandez was such a great guy too. The shareholders and/or stakeholders of Air Asia (directly, indirectly, through proxies, etc.) include Kamaluddin bin Abdullah Badawi, Kalimullah Maseerul Hassan (also into Tune Hotels), Khairy Jamaluddin, Tony Fernandez, etc.

Yes, we believe in open skies, competition and all that. But friends, fellow Malaysians, this is the PM, his son, his S-I-L and his cronies lah. How can they sell out their own country? But this is what they are doing.

Kawan-kawan, come March 8th, 2008 you have an opportunity to hit the button for the ejecion seat. Hit the ejection button and send these people out into oblivion. Don't give them any parachutes either.

Kenneth, I think I've seen this before, so I'm quite sure it is not your own writing and thought.

Can you please provide a link to that article? Unless, of course, if the similiar article that I saw somewhere else was written by you as well.

Kenneth, I think I've seen this before, so I'm quite sure it is not your own writing and thought.

Can you please provide a link to that article? Unless, of course, if the similiar article that I saw somewhere else was written by you as well.

Someone forwarded it to me...and i just copy and paste.....so i dont have the source also. Sorry

Then, within one year, Air Asia realised that the Sabah and Sarawak routes were not profitable.

Huh..not profitable?

what you mean is intra eastern malaysia? :o

In actual fact, Air Asia was cannibalising parts from the six planes to keep the seventh one flying.

This is suicide, bro! Digging own grave! :blink:

Jerry, that was Faux Air, an operation that should've never been.

Edited by Radzi

Yeah, radzi, well said up there! True enough...

My fren once worked on the "given back" turboprop bird, he said the condition was worse than horrible.

Just one short simple discription - my fren was attempting to remove a bolt from a hole. Unlike normal circumstances, spraying Lusol to lubricant the hole was not helpful at all. Since it was hard to turn the speed handle, he was assisted by another fren. TWO boys - attempt to remove ONE rusted bolt which was stuck inside a rusted hole.

Finally, the speed handle turn, a comfortable indication that the bolt is loosening out. But the turn was light, so light that they both didn't apply much force to turn the bolt.

The "comfort" didn't last long...

Their hard tiring effort can only be "rewarded" when they realized the bolt head had sheared off from the shank. Now, they got the bolt head out, but most of the bolt is still stuck, embedded inside the rusted threaded hole!

That was how bad the bird was... :huh:

Kenneth, there are some inaccuracies, in the article..... ahem.... ;) While I don't think its that bad ;) I don't think it'll get better either.Whatever it is, come saturday, I know that after I cross the preferred box, I'll be riding my Superbike up the Awana Genting twisties, play around with my car in the evening, watch DVD at night, fly RC on Sunday and back to work on Monday.Life goes on as per normal. I'll let the experts worry about the economy, the state of MAS and how it should be run et al....Average Joes like me just wanna live life to the fullest.

Yeah, radzi, well said up there! True enough...My fren once worked on the "given back" turboprop bird, he said the condition was worse than horrible.Just one short simple discription - my fren was attempting to remove a bolt from a hole. Unlike normal circumstances, spraying Lusol to lubricant the hole was not helpful at all. Since it was hard to turn the speed handle, he was assisted by another fren. TWO boys - attempt to remove ONE rusted bolt which was stuck inside a rusted hole.Finally, the speed handle turn, a comfortable indication that the bolt is loosening out. But the turn was light, so light that they both didn't apply much force to turn the bolt.The "comfort" didn't last long...Their hard tiring effort can only be "rewarded" when they realized the bolt head had sheared off from the shank. Now, they got the bolt head out, but most of the bolt is still stuck, embedded inside the rusted threaded hole!That was how bad the bird was... :huh:
I was forwarded a picture of a bird's nest surrounded by fungi and mushrooms in one of the F50s. I told management that instead of planning the snekboxes we should be serving bird's nest and mushroom soup ala AK.The RAS / FAX issue was the biggest rape in Malaysian history. Ever. BTW, do you know how the Sabahans pronounce FAX? They pronounce it the way they feel about it.

This is how we go from 'rags to riches'. And we all thought Tony Fernandez was such a great guy too. The shareholders and/or stakeholders of Air Asia (directly, indirectly, through proxies, etc.) include Kamaluddin bin Abdullah Badawi, Kalimullah Maseerul Hassan (also into Tune Hotels), Khairy Jamaluddin

Kenneth, after I read this article my first step will be sell all my share in Airasia.I am really :angry: why they can involved into bussiness so easily espeacially PM S-I-L !!!!! He just 32 years old and become millionaire so young. I am not envy of him but I hear a lot of underground story of the way he grab his money.Did you know the penisular sand companys are control by him ? He will earn the commision for every lorry trips.U know that??That is rediculous.

Kenneth, after I read this article my first step will be sell all my share in Airasia.I am really :angry: why they can involved into bussiness so easily espeacially PM S-I-L !!!!! He just 32 years old and become millionaire so young. I am not envy of him but I hear a lot of underground story of the way he grab his money.Did you know the penisular sand companys are control by him ? He will earn the commision for every lorry trips.U know that??That is rediculous.

Not only that, with the so called promise Sabah and Sarawak corridor, he shall receives lots of consultation fee from such project. Easy money at no sweat. That's Abdullah empire.

Not only that, with the so called promise Sabah and Sarawak corridor, he shall receives lots of consultation fee from such project. Easy money at no sweat. That's Abdullah empire.

Aiyooooo... Kena tipu :diablo: :cray: :angry: :angry: Back on MH's :good: side.

The article may not be entirely accurate but not far from truth either.

In this country, a circular like this telling more facts than the main stream media.

:drinks:

Truth or not, most important to take note is that our Govt is doing lots of NO No's whether we like it or not!!! Now thats the most steaming part!! <_>

If I read the article correctly, Air Asia is technically our national airline now?

Maybe its an unofficial National Airline hahaha.... Pak Lah, double agent!!! <_>

HAHAHA CAPT Nik...just re-read your post. I missed out on the 'bird's nest' ala AK. That is brilliant.

Should be only RM9.99 ! (one way, of course)

Someone forwarded it to me...and i just copy and paste.....so i dont have the source also. Sorry

Kenneth, I think Radzi means if it wasn't written by you, you will need to quote it with what I did with what you have written above. When I read the article, I thought it was written by you for a wee while.

On a side note, now you guys should which party not to vote for this coming saturday.... (Although I am guessing the election result wouldn't change much from the last round).

Edited by S V Choong

ahhh the artile from Malaysian Today...that explains.

-Ditto-

and Kenneth.. pls quote the source or link...

so that we can weigh the accuracy.. ;)

Sign in to follow this