MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Nik H.

RC@KD Airshow for Orphans.

Friends ,

I have organised an event for 80 orphans at the Kota Damansara Rc Flying Field. MWingers are invited to come and watch if interested. Its a simple event with no sponsors, and is funded by purely loaned facilities and sincere contributions of cash by my fellow RC flying buddies.

It will be a good chance for photographers to practise taking shots of fast moving planes against bright background.

This is NOT an official event. There will be NO big names. NO Vips. NO News Coverage. NO Glamour. NO Big Time Sponsors.

Just effort from the Heart.

RC@KD AIRSHOW for ORPHANS.

Date : 9/3/2008 ( Sunday )

Time : 0900 - 1100

Place : RC@KD Flying Field

Budget : RM 2000

F&B : TakeAway food packs from A&W @ RM 12 per Child

Wan and Dr Rookie will arrange for 200 bottles of Mineral Water

The Suggested Program;

0730 : Flyers Report

0845 : Orphans Arrive

0900 : Airshow Starts

a. Sifu Yap opens the show with 3d Helicopter Aerobatic Display

b. Warbirds Show ; zenki / Spitfire, Fazlee/Zero, samuraijack/PC9, wan/P40E, zenki/B25, Wan/ SE5A / P51

c. Scale Heli by Wee ( Agusta 109 ) & Bull ( Bell 222 ) & Top Gun ( Bell 206 ) + Pontoon Heli

d. Aerobatic Show 35% Scale Extra 150cc Gas by purenitro

e. Aerobatic Show 37% Ultimate Biplane 150cc Gas by Mike Ng

f. Paradrop by Wan

g. Throw and Catch 3D by Olie and Clarence

1000 : Food Packs Distributed

1015 : Flying Display continues.

h. RC Jet by Wee & Gang ( Long EZ, Hawk, F16 Thunderbirds )

i. 3D Helicopter Aerobatic Display by william

j. 10 Ft Wingspan RC Glider by Magna

k. 30% scale Stearman Biplane by Magna.

l. 3D Helicopter Aerobatic Display by Adrick

m. Surprise

n. Surprise

o. Surprise

1115 : Event Ends

1130 : Kids returns.

END

The Flying Display will cover 90 minutes. Each show will last about 6 - 7 minutes.

I'll arrange transport for the kids to and from their homes to the event site and back.

A Mobile toilet will be rented for the day.

Contributors by Kind

1. Wilson - Tents, seats and PA System at no Charge

2. Wan - Generator Set & Propeller Toys Giveaway.

The Money Story

Contributors by Cash

1. samuraijack - RM 100

2. Anonymous Ali - RM 500

3. Pang - RM 100

4. Chye - RM 50

5. Yung - RM 50

6. Victor ( Phillip's dad ) - RM 100

7. josef Ng - RM 100

8. Top Gun Shazly - RM 100

9. Adrick - RM 50

10. Bill Syme - RM 100

11. Bull - RM 200

Total RM 1450

Pledged

1. rentalvoon - RM 200

2. Katherine - RM 100

3. Ngai - RM 200

4. Biker Blacknight - RM 500

5. Ken Chin - RM 100

6. SmartCar Group - RM 400

Total Pledged - RM 1400

Balance from Field Renovation Fund - RM300.

Budget :

Collected - RM 1450

Balance - RM 300

Ttl in hand - RM 1750

Pledged - RM 1400

Total Funds Anticipated : RM 1750 + RM 1400 = RM 3150

Budget :

ITEM COST RESPONSIBILITY CONFIRM BY

Mobile Toilet 280 Ken Chin. 1st Mar

Fast Food Pack 1000 captnewbie 1st Mar

Giveaway 600 rc_gurl 1st mar

Transport ( 500 ) captnewbie 1st mar

Tent free wilson confirmed

PA System free wilson confirmed

The simple list above will grow.

The contents of the giveaway bags will be as follows;

1. Propeller toy ( TQ Wan)

2. Menthos

3. Assorted sweets

4. TBC

5. TBC

6. TBC

Misc Info:

a. Wan to assist in Detailed Flying Program

b. Zaidi to do MC Duties.

c. dr rookie to handle Radio Impound

d. Samad to Assist in Detailed Flying Program

e. rc_gurl to assist with Goodie Bags

f. Volunteer 3 Tan.

g. Volunteer 4 Ken Chin

h. Doctor-in-Attendance dr beatboxx.

Flying sequence Director 1 : Samad

Flying sequence Director 2 : Wan

Timekeeper 1 : Wilson

Timekeeper 2 : KL Lim

I will also be arranging for 5 Charter Flight Stewardesses who volunteered to do their bit for charity to be there. They will act as ushers for the invited kids on that day.

Some of the planes and Helicopters that will be taking part.

Airwolf

azaw1.jpg

chinook

ahfan3.jpg

ahfan1.jpg

long EZ Jet Turbine Plane

KD07oct0718.jpg

Motor Glider

KD07oct0707.jpg

PC9

a11.jpg

spitfire

spit9.jpg

P51

p51a.jpg

hughes 500

500d1.jpg

WW1 SE5a

kdse5a1.jpg

Extra

extra3.jpg

A few Charter stewardesses from here will be attending.

001postcrew.jpg

Edited by Norman
corrected img tag for P51a

Hi Capt Nik, did my sister gave you a call?

Anyway, I am interested to contribute too, if that's alright. Will certainly try to attend, insyaAllah.

Sounds like an interesting event. Having fun while giving back to the society. Nice stuff. Too bad i'll be in AOR for some wedding.

May i know which kids are you bringing in? from which homes?

Are you still open for $$$ contribution?

Hi Capt Nik, did my sister gave you a call?Anyway, I am interested to contribute too, if that's alright. Will certainly try to attend, insyaAllah.

No. Haven't heard from your sister yet. And thanks for your offer for contribution.

More Planes

This Zero will be there

doc3.jpg

this pontoon equipped Heli too

chop2.jpg

the BAE Hawk

hawk1.jpg

P40e

pIMG_5146.jpg

Yak

pIMG_5056.jpg

Sounds like an interesting event. Having fun while giving back to the society. Nice stuff. Too bad i'll be in AOR for some wedding. May i know which kids are you bringing in? from which homes?Are you still open for $$$ contribution?

The Homes Provisionally are ;

1. Rumah KIDS ( Kanak kanak Ini Di Sayangi )

2. Al Munirah

3. Rumah Onazam

Contributions are of course welcome. :good:

Edited by Nik H.

Capt Nik, I'm trying to reach my sister (unable to get her line at the moment). Will update you of the outcome.

Also, I suppose that this event is not only for us to give back... but also to inspire the young minds, right? Why not add another slot (just a side, mini slot) on how to make paper aeroplanes after the r/c demonstrations towards the end?

Since the event is to aim at entertaining the kids, perhaps we can offer an achievable and simple measure for them to enjoy the wonderful world of aviation when they go back, as an extension of the enthusiams of that day. Show them how to make proper paper planes, explain the mechanism of how aeroplane flies, the dynamics of simple aviations.. how by just making a wingtip one can increase stability and speed... The kids might not have the means to buy a r/c aircraft, but with a piece of paper, the imagination they can explore on it is endless!

I can provide colorful papers for them to experiment that day.. I might even try to learn how to make different types of paper airplanes too, see if I can manage to come and help out the event.

Just a suggestion :)

Capt Nik, I'm trying to reach my sister (unable to get her line at the moment). Will update you of the outcome.

Also, I suppose that this event is not only for us to give back... but also to inspire the young minds, right? Why not add another slot (just a side, mini slot) on how to make paper aeroplanes after the r/c demonstrations towards the end?

Since the event is to aim at entertaining the kids, perhaps we can offer an achievable and simple measure for them to enjoy the wonderful world of aviation when they go back, as an extension of the enthusiams of that day. Show them how to make proper paper planes, explain the mechanism of how aeroplane flies, the dynamics of simple aviations.. how by just making a wingtip one can increase stability and speed... The kids might not have the means to buy a r/c aircraft, but with a piece of paper, the imagination they can explore on it is endless!

I can provide colorful papers for them to experiment that day.. I might even try to learn how to make different types of paper airplanes too, see if I can manage to come and help out the event.

Just a suggestion :)

Great Suggestion. Mabye this can be a MWings platform. I'm ok with this idea. Irni, can you mobilise the 'FORCE' within MWings for thsi? The kids would surely love it.

I'll try my best Capt Nik :)

Paper Planes Demo

Alright... rounding up time my MW friends... anyone nimble with their fingers? Come lets volunteer!

p/s: Don't forget ya... that day got lots of AH MOIs... YES... PRETTY PRETTY STEWARDESS AH MOIs... so if you come and join us that day who knows you'll be having FUN with them (showing them how to make paper aeroplanes la... ahaha). SHOW US YOUR SKILLS! :spiteful:

Captain Nik,

Any idea on age breakdown of the kids ? Essentially how many >12 years ?

We will know by next week. Just managed to confirm insurance coverage for the guests today for a sum of RM 100K.

Already have a few PMs from Mwingers ofering donation in bothe kind and cash.

Thanks, you know who you are. :good:

To the few contributors from MW thank you. Your generosity will go along way.

The event is postponed to the following week on Sunday, 16th Feb 2008.

Reason for postponement :

a. Post Election Activities

b. Request from one of the Orphanages for rescheduling

c. Inclement weather anticipated omprovement.

Those who have contributed, and those who want to be there Please be advised.

Thanks.

Uh oh... I've got plans for that Sunday... :( Let's see if I can rearrange it, and I'll definitely try my best to make it. My promise to contribute still stands though.

To the few contributors from MW thank you. Your generosity will go along way.

The event is postponed to the following week on Sunday, 16th MARCH 2008.

Reason for postponement :

a. Post Election Activities

b. Request from one of the Orphanages for rescheduling

c. Inclement weather anticipated omprovement.

Those who have contributed, and those who want to be there Please be advised.

Thanks.

Capt Nik, am I not too late for contribution?

Next sunday, i should be able to attend. Will be an interesting stuff while doing some charity work!

See you all there!!! :)

BTW, i need to know the exact location. Which part in Kota Damansara??? Google earth coordinates would be very helpful...:)

Edited by Jerry Ang

Capt Nik, insyaAllah (God's willing) I can make it. About the paper planes demo, I've already bought multicolored papers. I want to apologize early on for a would-be drab arrangement, as I expect a very humble and extremely plain and simple demo.

Can you give the map to RC@KD field? Thanks.

This is the final update on the event.

Please feel free to join in and free your mind from the burden of solving the ills of MAS and the country..... :lol:

GENERAL INFORMATION

The purpose of the event is to entertain about 80 unfortunate young adults with a coordinated airshow flown with the accompaniment of relevant sountrack. Transport will be arranged by Anika Dimensi, who is providing two 44 seat tour buses to ferry the guests to and from their homes to the event site.

The Children are from Rumah Penyayang Hembusan Kasturi, under Yayasan Kebajikan dan Perkhidmatan Perubatan, a local NGO.

The funding for the event is from a small number of contributors. MasCharters staff will also be providing cash support to fill in the shortfall of funds.

Site facilities such as tents, tables, mobile toilets, PA System will be set up at the site. An ambulance with two nurses will also be positioned there on standby. Insurance coverage of RM 100,000 has been arranged.

There will also be 6 MasCharter stewardesses who will act as ushers for the guests and who will assist in the distribution of F&B.

100 Goodie bags will be presented to the guests at the end of the event, and a small sum of money has been allocated for this purpose.

The Flying Display will be of a duration of approximately 90 minutes, and all flying will be accompanied with music from the PA system.

CAVEAT

This is a simple event, nothing fancy. As no one is being paid to do this event, and with most having little or no previous experience in this field,we anticipate there will be shortcomings on the day of the event, and in this regard, all form of assistance and cooperation will be most appreciated, especially from the flyers participating, and focus on the two most aspect of the whole show, ie punctuality and safety.

Activity Schedule

0730 Flyers Report

0745 Positioning and Settling In / Equipment Check.

0805 Briefing

0845 Buses arrival

0900 Final Flyer Assembly

Airshow Starts at 0915

Map to RC@KD Airshow Flying Site

Direction.jpg

The Site View 1

Plan1.jpg

The Site View 2

Plan2.jpg

To the few generous Mwingers who contributed, Thank You.

Edited by Jonathan Kong

This is the final update on the event.

Please feel free to join in and free your mind from the burden of solving the ills of MAS and the country..... :lol:

GENERAL INFORMATION

The purpose of the event is to entertain about 80 unfortunate young adults with a coordinated airshow flown with the accompaniment of relevant sountrack. Transport will be arranged by Anika Dimensi, who is providing two 44 seat tour buses to ferry the guests to and from their homes to the event site.

The Children are from Rumah Penyayang Hembusan Kasturi, under Yayasan Kebajikan dan Perkhidmatan Perubatan, a local NGO.

The funding for the event is from a small number of contributors. MasCharters staff will also be providing cash support to fill in the shortfall of funds.

Site facilities such as tents, tables, mobile toilets, PA System will be set up at the site. An ambulance with two nurses will also be positioned there on standby. Insurance coverage of RM 100,000 has been arranged.

There will also be 6 MasCharter stewardesses who will act as ushers for the guests and who will assist in the distribution of F&B.

100 Goodie bags will be presented to the guests at the end of the event, and a small sum of money has been allocated for this purpose.

The Flying Display will be of a duration of approximately 90 minutes, and all flying will be accompanied with music from the PA system.

CAVEAT

This is a simple event, nothing fancy. As no one is being paid to do this event, and with most having little or no previous experience in this field,we anticipate there will be shortcomings on the day of the event, and in this regard, all form of assistance and cooperation will be most appreciated, especially from the flyers participating, and focus on the two most aspect of the whole show, ie punctuality and safety.

Activity Schedule

0730 Flyers Report

0745 Positioning and Settling In / Equipment Check.

0805 Briefing

0845 Buses arrival

0900 Final Flyer Assembly

Airshow Starts at 0915

Map to RC@KD Airshow Flying Site

Direction.jpg

The Site View 1

Plan1.jpg

The Site View 2

Plan2.jpg

The Program

Document2a.jpg

To the few generous Mwingers who contributed, Thank You.

Edited by Nik H.

Mwingers, thanks for turning up. Hope you all enjoyed the show as much as i enjoyed putting it together. Please post as many photos as possible as I could not take any as i was too busy. And forgive me if i could not hang out during the event as there were many things to attend to. The kids have already requested us to make another show for them. We will organise another one after Raya 08.

Thanks again for coming.

PS. Sorry the F16 couldn't take to the sky as the runway was soggy due yesterday's heavy rain, and the tyres would have jammed the retract system due mud residue.

But I hope the Long EZ jet and the Ultimate Biplane show more than made it up.

Edited by Nik H.