MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Michael

Noise cancelling headsets in business class

No. there is a system logic built in for it to 'anti-noise' only against constant frequencies such as the drone of the engines, whooshing sound of airflow, whine of the turbines. Conversations are normally of varying frequencies over a short period so the effect of sound cancellation is not noticeable. Anyway, nobody converse with headphones covering the ears unless intercom is used.

saw a documentary about this. The microphone in front of the mouth takes sound from all directions, left, right, front, back, etc. Sounds that come from all directions will be cancelled out. When you speak however, the sound is predominantly coming only through the front of the mike. So this sound is not cancelled out.

saw a documentary about this. The microphone in front of the mouth takes sound from all directions, left, right, front, back, etc. Sounds that come from all directions will be cancelled out. When you speak however, the sound is predominantly coming only through the front of the mike. So this sound is not cancelled out.

Noise canceling headsets for audio does not have a mic in front of the mouth. And if the above quote is true, it has to be at least two mics as a single omnidirectional mic cannot sense direction.

Guest Michael

Oh I did not know that hey, how do u think MAS will go with its new products?

Oh I did not know that hey, how do u think MAS will go with its new products?

What new product? Which one in particular? Is there anything new that we should know about?

Guest Michael

I meant with what will come with the fleet renewal, I mean surely there will be new products on board.

I meant with what will come with the fleet renewal, I mean surely there will be new products on board.

With MH, new onboard products will now mean smaller, less of what it was previously, more dense, more compact, more expensive, less-value-for-money, more complaints...

I was on the 777 business class on company travel, and I didnt see any noise cancelling headphones. Instead I got some very bad ones and had to change it twice when one side was not working and the last had some sharp protrusions around the speakers.

Sign in to follow this