MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azri M.

Malaysia Airlines MH004 - We need the toilet!!

Guys, I am not so sure which categories this blogpost supposed to fall into, I let those with authority decide.

I found this story quite hilarious. :rofl: And I am by no means trying to bash MAS, just something to ponder. :nea:

http://crazy4planes.blogspot.com/2008/02/m...eed-toilet.html

Malaysia Airlines MH004 - We need the toilet!!

Well I've never experienced a flight like it. An hour after take off from KLIA the captain suddenly spoke through the speaker into the cabin.

"Ladies & gentleman we have a problem in the cabin which I need your full attention about."

My first response "Oh my god the plane's gonna go down!!." The captain then went on to say that 7 of the 14 toilets onboard the aircraft weren't working, or rather the flush had packed up! So we had 2 options, to either divert back to KLIA which will take an hour, or proceed onto London with the use of only 7 toilets.

Everybody in the cabin then had to vote, proceed or turn back. The result - an overwhelming 'carry on to London'. And so the flight continued as normal.

After many hours of watching films and playing Solitaire we were flying over Europe. Again another announcement from the captain,

"Ladies and gentleman, the toilet situation has just worsened, all toilets are now not functioning. Again 2 options, carry on to London which will take 1.5hrs or divert to Frankfurt taking 30mins. Please vote now."

Again another overwhemling decision to carry on the extra mile straight to London!!

After another very long hour and a half and many crossed legs, the flight finally landed at Heathrow and many anxious passengers disembarked from the aircraft!!.

There's a first time for everything!!

If the above is true, then someone (if they read this forum) may use this as a test case to reduce number of toilet on 744 from 14 to 10, release more space for EY seats ie more CASK reduction!

:drinks:

If the above is true, then someone (if they read this forum) may use this as a test case to reduce number of toilet on 744 from 14 to 10, release more space for EY seats ie more CASK reduction!

96%-approved in a survey....Temptations can now include adult diapers as part of offering.

I found this story quite hilarious. :rofl: And I am by no means trying to bash MAS, just something to ponder. :nea:

Yeah quite hilarious actually :rofl:

The story is hilarious but doubt the captain will accept the aircraft with half of toilet out of service. Furthermore, don’t think Mas engineering is that bad and certainly captain won’t ask for a vote.

However, I experienced Captain elected to delay the flight for breakfast delivery.

sometimes the heater to the pipe from toilet to the waste tank is not working and frozen...so they is no suction at all..

my experience all forward toilet not working 747 then while decending...hee hee overflow all over the carpet and smell bad in frcl

Good one.

But if it is true, i wouldn't wanna fly as a pax on a flight where the captain uses democracy as a decision making tool.

Imagine;

Dear All, A show of hands is required if I should shut down or run idle no 4 engine as the LP lite is illuminated......

BTW, humour is not MH bashing. :D

I wonder how they voted????

Single file queue on starboard side, curtained off F-class galley as voting booth, return to preassigned seat after casting vote via port side

Voting slip shall be available MAS postcards on board

Voters to indicate choice by scribbling 'F' (for fly-on) or 'D' (for divert); those marked 'X' deemed spoilt votes

Kebaya girls to keep order and assist in ushering

Flight Supervisor to dish out voting slips, retains pax passport thereafter to avoid cheating

Co Pilot to act as counting agent cum returning officer

Celebratory outbursts after announcement of vote result strictly prohibited

Probable scenario only ! :p

Edited by BC Tam

A captain with the Election fever in mind... A good form of democracy... good one though but still, hilarious indeed... :D

Voting procedure? BC TAM, yours are the best, well handled. hehehe... most probablt by roughly looking at the numbers of hands in the air. Who wish to divert, please raise up your hands...

Single file queue on starboard side, curtained off F-class galley as voting booth, return to preassigned seat after casting vote via port side

Voting slip shall be available MAS postcards on board

Voters to indicate choice by scribbling 'F' (for fly-on) or 'D' (for divert); those marked 'X' deemed spoilt votes

Kebaya girls to keep order and assist in ushering

Flight Supervisor to dish out voting slips, retains pax passport thereafter to avoid cheating

Co Pilot to act as counting agent cum returning officer

Celebratory outbursts after announcement of vote result strictly prohibited

Probable scenario only ! :p

Nice parody of a March-8th scenario at 39,000ft!

This can only be accomplished if the flight is one of the designated 'snek boks' flight! Maybe another politically motivated decision!! :)

Sign in to follow this