Sign in to follow this  
Wai Hung

AirAsia Cadet Pilot Intake

Position Cadet Pilot

Work Location LCCT Sepang

Date Posted Friday, February 22, 2008

Responsibilities

Requirements

• Malaysian citizen, aged between 18 and 28 as at date of application.

• Either:

(a)Passed SPM (or its equivalent that is recognized by the Malaysian Government) with at least A2 in English and Mathematics and B3 in Physics taken at one sitting. (Those from the Arts stream should have at least an A2 in General Science); or

(B) Possess a Diploma/Degree in Engineering or Science-related disciplines with CGPA 3.0 and above and at SPM level scored at least a B4 in the subjects mentioned above taken in one sitting.

• Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia both written and spoken.

• Must be physically and mentally fit with good eyesight (visual acuity of at least 6/36 without optical aid, correctable to 6/6 and not colour blind. Should be able to successfully pass a medical examination up to a Class 1 standard conducted by a Department of Civil Aviation Authorised Medical Examiner (DAME).

• Minimum height of 163 cm (5ft 3in).

• Be prepared to sign a training bond with a surety.

Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.

I trust Air Asia does not have the prerequisite that its job applicants must be the son / daughter or any other form of relations with people currently working with the airline, unlike a certain divine, twinkling stars of an airline.

An organization with equal employment opportunity policy is a respectable organization, and should have the support of the people.

Edited by Rozhan

I trust Air Asia does not have the prerequisite that its job applicants must be the son / daughter or any other form of relations with people currently working with the airline, unlike a certain divine, twinkling stars of an airline.

An organization with equal employment opportunity policy is a respectable organization, and should have the support of the people.

Yeah I agree with you.

I'm submitting my application online tomorrow.

I need to finalize and check through my resume first to ensure that everything is in order.

Wish me luck :rolleyes:

5 foot 3 inch minimum height.......wow, are pilots now allowed to wear high heels as part of the uniform? here's a cool scene, pilot to stewardess ' can you help me open the overhead bin, I can't see the expiry date of the ELT, and check the resuscitator while you're at it........he he heThings a 5'3" Capt hates to hear from a Stewardess;'Capt, I'll be serving the meals shortly''Capt, sorry, we're short catered''Capt, Are we short of fuel?''Capt, chime when we're on short finals''Capt, that was a short landing''Capt, quick turnaround as we're short of time''Capt, we have shortbread''Capt, wow, STOL......''Capt, make it short'.......

i dont have any relatives/family working in the company i work with
Me too... and none of my batchmates as well. I also heard....know that the son of a GM failed to get selected last year. And a son of a VP some years ago was kicked out....in fact another son of an ex DFO also decided to leave...

All the best Wai Hung! And those who's applying too, wish you guys and gals the best too.

I was talking to one of MWingers earlier today, and he did mentioned about the 15 years bond, plus the RM20k one needs to prepare (as study loan deposit, if I am not mistaken) once they are successful for the AirAsia cadet pilots intake. Sorry I can't verify the actual fact, but it did came from a credible source (an AK staff).

Isk... I hope it's not the same for their engineering trainees successful candidates too... wonder when will that intake opens..

All the best Wai Hung! And those who's applying too, wish you guys and gals the best too.

I was talking to one of MWingers earlier today, and he did mentioned about the 15 years bond, plus the RM20k one needs to prepare (as study loan deposit, if I am not mistaken) once they are successful for the AirAsia cadet pilots intake. Sorry I can't verify the actual fact, but it did came from a credible source (an AK staff).

Isk... I hope it's not the same for their engineering trainees successful candidates too... wonder when will that intake opens..

15 years bond......WOW :blink: can't be right Irni......slavery is dead from what I've heard......

15 years bond......WOW :blink: can't be right Irni......slavery is dead from what I've heard......

Ahah... I was SHOCKEd when I heard that too... but it got something to do with borrowing the fund to pay for one's study from the bank on the cadet's behalf, and the cadet will have to pay the bank's interest? Anyway... maybe I heard it wrong too... sorry if I missed the bullseye totally in the opposite direction! :pardon:

Aiz... For SPM candidates last year hav to wait until nex nex year....

Haiz.... :pardon:

Either SPM 2007 results come out on 28 Feb , 2 Marand lastly 12 mar....

Edited by Michael Chai

Hehehe...the 'things' that you have to 'pay' for 'using' people's money and favor....

edit: Welcome to the World! Working world, that is... :)

Edited by Yusoff

15 years bond, spot on! and only the course fee is subsidised, you pay for your own living when in the flying school. advantage is, after you graduate, you won't have to pay another 75k like most private students do to get endorsed to fly the 320.

15 years bond, spot on! and only the course fee is subsidised, you pay for your own living when in the flying school. advantage is, after you graduate, you won't have to pay another 75k like most private students do to get endorsed to fly the 320.

15 years bond vs RM75K is an advantage? Can't figure this one out......

When I applied to join a certain airlines as a cadet pilot almost two decades ago, none of my close relative has ever been on an aeroplane, let alone working with one. This "must have a relative working" thing is an overhyped myth that needs to be busted. And don't be too hasty is supporting organisations that suppresed workers rights and enslaving people with exsessive bonds. In this era of globalisation bonding for cheap labor is the new form of slavery.

Some interesting forum here.

And hate makes people blind......

Edited by Radzi

i dont have any relatives/family working in the company i work with

i dont have any too..well, my whole batch which consist of 16 cadets, only two have relatives/family in the company. Thats like

12.5 %!!!

I would think that your statement is a little bit irresponsible. True there are sons of GMs, Capts etc but most are there on merit. As in any organization there will always be some hanky panky going but you make it out as if it's the norm rather than the exception. Anyways things are not so rosy in pilot fraternity of the Red One ( especially the FOs ) as pointed out by Radzid.

Noted. Thanks everyone. Sometimes it takes a different way to get answers to sensitive questions of a certain airline's employment policies. No offence was ever intended against anyone here.

Edited by Rozhan

Sign in to follow this