MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Min

malaysian livery

is there going to be any changes on MAS livery?? its a bit too old now.. change something!

update something! the livery since 1987!! 21 years already...

Hhhhmmmm, i am quite satisfy with current livery. But yes, 21 years already.....we need something new, it doesn't mean the current one is not good...

I agree too.

MH is currently:

- heading to become a FSVC

- about to make a large aircraft orders for fleet renewal (although still tak kunjung tiba)

- introducing a lot of developments; new snackboxes, new cabin crew uniforms, new online booking system

- signalled about its intention to merge or being taken over (M&A) and also getting into an alliance

Definitely a high time to 'symbolise' all those changes through a new livery. A simple Euro White based livery is appreciated, considering MH is to cut cost at all edges at the moment. By doing so, MH can save a lot from painting and paint related costs while at the same time lesser paint will result in less heavy aircrafts which will result in more passengers/cargo can be carried and thus producing more revenues for the carrier. Am I right?

They should have an update, not a total overhaul.

If it were up to me I'd paint the grey part on the lower part of the aircraft white and probably include some other symbols on the plane like a hibiscus or something.

Jani, fancy something like these?

hibiscushawaiian.gifHIBISCUSscarletorange.jpg

Maybe with just outlines out the hibiscus on a lighter colour background for the belly of the aircrafts.... hmm.. I fancy that....

With the current obsession with Batik over at Putrajaya, would it be too far off to imagine a Batik themed livery for MH ? :huh:

Bare metal may save some paint cost and weight. But with planes made more and more out of composites, it has to be painted anyway.

Change of logo will not incur cost just for the planes, but a whole range of items like stationery, serviceware and cutlery and everything else where the logo is used. Mampu ke MH?

big example, Avianca, Qantas, Thai Airways, Vietnam, ANA, United Airlines, and more which i cant think rite now,, all those airlines updated their design for the aircraft.. i thought Malaysia Boleh!!?? latest one the website i realised... they did all that ort of thing. but the main one! the livery.. the looks.. the steward suit color... looks like baju lusuh" colour.. instead, why dont they make it navy blue suit color? i dont mind the kebaya.. looks hot for the girls..

do something.... !!! im still support you guys from behind!!

probably they're saving it when the new aircraft comes. i don't see any point in having a new livery given that they're on a mission to start phasing out their old planes.

Change of logo will not incur cost just for the planes, but a whole range of items like stationery, serviceware and cutlery and everything else where the logo is used. Mampu ke MH?

Good point there...

Plus IMO MAS livery is still amongts the best looking out there..I'd rather see a change / improvement in products, services and even routes...

As for the batik features, and if it really needs be..then maybe they can do a special livery scheme, just like what they did for hibiscus and heliconia..

Guest Michael

I would like to know what happened to the noise cancelling headset for business class passengers?

Dont change the logo. Its recognizable already (i think).

But upgrade the livery. I really like the livery on 744, but it looks plain on other aircrafts.

Dont change the logo. Its recognizable already (i think).

Well said !! The logo is probably the primary focus in branding exercise, and the current MH logo has had twenty years or so worth of investment in it

That is unless MH plans to extensively dissociate itself from its past and start on a new slate, so to say ...... come to think of it, that isn't too far off the mark was it ? Ties in with the stated aim of transformation from "Five Star Premium" to "Leisure-focused and Business-interested" doesn't it ?

gimme back my hot meals laaaa then only change the livery.

I agreed and on my recent trip to KL both sectors are served snack box and thius i complained and im waiting anxiosly to see how the management respond to that.

Meanwhile, I still like the MH logo. In my opinion, they should concentrate and priotise on fleet renewal and cabin refurbishment in order to stay competetive.

.... and thius i complained and im waiting anxiosly to see how the management respond to that

Have you not read already ? Apparently our comments & opinions here not worth the two hoots necessary to trouble MAS management :)

Sign in to follow this