MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
TK

Walk around an airliner

hhmmm...i made everyone confuse.... blink.gif

it needs a minimum aileron to turn an aircraft.

example, aircraft on right turn, joystick neutral...to roll back, yes off course we need to counter it right....???

hhmm...i got ot be an aerodynamic teacher then...go to explain all the 3 axis of an aircraft.

Teo, dont make yourself confuse in details... you might be right.

Let see this flaperon, droop position....no hydraulic powering its power control unit.

user posted image

Gavin...will try and get those.

Problem is, when on approach, mind too busy with the approach...i have camera, but just lying there on the floor next to my seat!! mad.gif

count the blades everyone...

1...2...3...4...5....eh eh...start again...1...2...3... huh.gif

user posted image

some people say, a 737 can be swallow into a 777 engines...not this one ok...GE-90 maybe yes.

RR is the lightest 777 engine. Save weight, save fuel...save money in MH...?? wink.gif

Rolls Royce Trent 892B...meaning its a Trent 800 with 92,000 lbs thrust.

haha.. TK, I think I understand the 3-axis of the aircraft...

Just thought it was weird when you say just put the 737 yoke on neutral and it'll level off by itself in a turn without the need to counter it... dry.gif

Keep the pictures coming!

Thank you "Teacher TK" for some very interesting insights. Greatly appreciate them.

As for fan-blade pix, the pointed cone reminds me of Madonna's costume in her concert.

The pointed RR...girly show by Madonna.....what a concert...

Talk about women in aviation industries...

we have Pilots, cabin crew, ground staff at check in counter and boarding lounge.

Women do have part in aviation world...

not to forget this cargo loader...

user posted image

Just in time i reach the plane, camera ready and we have an hour to go.

Cargo trucks were everywhere on the right side of the aircraft..

My Kansai flights to BKI then KUL...76 passenger...an empty flights..BUT Cargo was FULL....

user posted image

Remember i said about women in aviation industries...

she's cute..i manage to talk to her...in a broken english... got the numbers and email address.....she wore make up to work too... rolleyes.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

user posted image

Wahooahoo.. blink.gif blink.gif This is the problem why japanese girlz at my school hate me.. i always go 'kacau' them.. hahaha biggrin.gif they realy cute. wub.gif

P.S : She realy 'strong' women tongue.gif. Mr. TK where the pic of MH stewardess.. hahahaha.

Baahhhh Guru TK biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharing and showing your working place: really enjoyed your pictures outside and inside the plane !!!

That Cargo loader is cute indeed tongue.gif Never knew they would be working in this capacity: 1st time I see this ohmy.gif

P.S. any pictures of approach/landing/take-off of BKI (my 2nd home) ???

rofl, nice pics there TK. I will be looking forward to more inisgh shots from you. Some apporach shots would be fantastic. and your meal where?

Mr TK with all your pics and stories and explanations and ground school, make me want to go back thru time and start all over again and join you in this super duper machine. Can I do that aarrrr?

Go on with more pic and story at least I can imagine flying the triple Seben every night before I go to sleep. tongue.gif

Aft cargo loading in progress...

user posted image

I hate it when i see SQ takes off earlier than us... mad.gif he he he he

Man power required..even our LD-3 container is wrap with plastic. What a service we get on international station...in KUL...nneeaahhh... tongue.gif

user posted image

Actually when i do my walk around, apart from looking at the exterior of an aircraft, i have to be careful with all the vehicles moving around.

user posted image

T K,

MRQ looks VERY clean underneath ohmy.gif

Just came out of B/C- or D-check ?

looks clean and new since seattle... biggrin.gif

But the engine aft cone no longer blue..

user posted image

".......shhoooo ...sshhoooo....." scare the birds away from inside the engine... he he he he biggrin.gif

user posted image

Look closely, you see the blades, then the blocker doors when reverser not in ops.

What happen when a reverser is activated during landing roll, these blocker doors will come up like flower...it pushes the air out through the translating sleeves.

IIRC it was first flown in November last year and was delivered in Dec 2004. So it is less than a year old.

TK-Love those pics. More!More! biggrin.gif

*drool* elegant bird = beautful pics! biggrin.gif

TK,when you come to KCH,you ever start your take-off run right after exiting taxiway A,without backtrack to the end of rwy25? Amazing to see the bird with short-take-off ability!

..and the cruising speed,its always 290kts right?

Thanks so much for the insight on your machine TK. Beats any airline book or magazine I have ever bought. Have a safe flight always, and to Capt Radzi too. Look forward to calling Capt TK soon smile.gif smile.gif

"..........malaysia fife wang (51) clear for push back after crear of asiana..." sad.gif

user posted image

push back....the invasion of Korean in Japan..... tongue.gif

user posted image

T K,

Baaahhhh, so now flight MH051 starts ?

Like I said before: hope to see some KK pictures too wink.gif