MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Mohd Azizul Ramli

AirAsia X to Lease A343s

does anyone know what is that "red2go.com" painted on the engine about?

I think its a dual pun?

Red-2-go, as in the plane is red.

And maybe Re-D-2-go, as in Ready to go?

Tried the url, but i think its not up yet.

I think its a dual pun?

Red-2-go, as in the plane is red.

And maybe Re-D-2-go, as in Ready to go?

Tried the url, but i think its not up yet.

i did google this...but found nothing...

we might get the answer soon i suppose :rolleyes:

does anyone know what is that "red2go.com" painted on the engine about?

goHoliday is to be renamed to red2go I think.

I never liked AK's colour scheme, fonts and uniforms.

The livery is too busy, with too much info. It seems their colours are ever evolving, reason why I never bothered with collecting their items.

I never liked AK's colour scheme, fonts and uniforms.

The livery is too busy, with too much info. It seems their colours are ever evolving, reason why I never bothered with collecting their items.

Billboard design..... :rofl::lol:

I was on XAB last night.

AK5374 KUL PEN

Crew familiarization flight. They did KUL - PEN - KUL - PER pattern.

The plane was wonderful for a short KUL - PEN hop.

I was on XAB last night.

AK5374 KUL PEN

The plane was wonderful for a short KUL - PEN hop.

Damn... lucky you.. got shot anything?

Just an X on winglet before departure, an X on the top of crew seat, and also a safety card.

As mentioned on PEN Spotting forum, I was busy chit chatting with a couple of crew members regarding their experience with D7.

One set of crew did KUL-PEN-KUL-PER? Wow!

I was on XAB last night.

AK5374 KUL PEN

That's the spirit!

One set of crew did KUL-PEN-KUL-PER? Wow!

:o Does it even comply with standard working hours under labour law?

:o Does it even comply with standard working hours under labour law?

Don't know about labor law, but I don't want to be flown by a very tired crew at the end of my journey.

Anyway guys, what is the primary function of the cabin crew?

Anyway guys, what is the primary function of the cabin crew?

Straight from the textbook... Safety. :pardon:

Yes, as they mentioned to me, one set of crew do the KUL PEN KUL PER pattern. It is a 10 hours work, 3 landings, 3 takeoffs.

Arrive PER on saturday morning, return KUL on sunday.

Straight from the textbook... Safety. :pardon:

if not mistaken, on the very first commercial flight took off, don't have Cabin Crew or flight stewards on board. but nurse. their main purpose is to comfort the passenger as flying still very new by that time. :pardon:

I don't think it's allowed by any governing body to actually allow a commercial flight (revenue flight) to commence without any cabin crew. According to the MCAR minimum is 1 cabin crew per door onboard. In this case it should be 8, the absolute minimum.

Owh to operate 2 short and 1 longgg sector, I think it's abit too much/tiring. Just my 2 cents :unknw:

Edited by Mohd. Afiq A.

Owh to operate 2 short and 1 longgg sector, I think it's abit too much/tiring. Just my 2 cents :unknw:

They did mention to me, it is a tiring trip. Imagine if there were delays?

They did mention to me, it is a tiring trip. Imagine if there were delays?

It could be tiring, but if the work rules governing their EBA does not see them "fatigue" for working those hours, they are deemed to be able to work within the limits. If there were delays, it simply means they have to either (1) go into discretion; or (2) refuse discretion and the flight will be re-crew-ed.

I see XAB is operating the Melbourne Service this evening. Would have been a brilliant site to see her at OOL, but dont know if the recent runway extension could take her?

AirAsia X To Finalise Leasing Of Another A340 By End-march

LONDON, March 12 (Bernama) - AirAsia X, an affiliate of low-cost carrier AirAsia Bhd, is in advanced negotiations to lease another Airbus A340 in order to increase its frequency of the just-launched Kuala Lumpur-London route.

"We want to have the KL-London route on a daily basis from July onwards," said AirAsia X's chief executive officer, Azran Osman Rani.

Launched yesterday with the inaugural flight from KLIA to Stansted Airport outside London, the company would mount five direct flights per week.

He said after a six-year lease of the aircraft model, the airline might consider buying the next generation Airbus A350 for its long haul services.

"The A350 is still at the design stage, we will wait for it to be more at the advanced stage before deciding," he told Malaysian media on board the KL-London inaugural flight.

Stansted Airport is Britain's third busiest airport, with 22.8 million passengers passing through and many leading low-cost airlines making it their base.

In London, the passengers were received by the Duke of York, Prince Andrew, AirAsia Bhd's chief executive officer, Datuk Seri Tony Fernandes, British Airports Authority (BAA) managing director Steward Wingate and BAA's commercial and development director Nick Barton.

AirAsia X, also aims to expand into to Central and Eastern Europe, said Azran.

"Countries like Russia and Poland are emerging markets, it will be interesting to tap into it," he said, adding that, Germany and Italy could also be attractive destinations.

However, for now, AirAsia X will concentrate on London and add another route only next year, he said.

Despite the economic downturn, AirAsia X remained upbeat about the aviation industry as there was still a lot of demand in what he said was relatively an untapped market.

"It is easier to take up market share when we go into the market at a time when other airlines are cutting back," he said.

Although the low-cost carrier might see a decline in certain segments of passenger traffic as they can't afford to travel anymore, it was gaining from the business segment.

"A lot of companies that are on cost cutting measures choose to travel with low-cost carriers," he said.

AirAsia X has also benefited from airline companies cancelling some of their aircraft purchases.

"We only had two slots for 2009 for the A330 that was ordered but because some airline companies cancelled their orders we got a third slot in Sept 2009, which means we will receive our new aircraft faster," he said.

The airline would want to expand its destinations from five now to 11 by the end of this year, possibly to Sydney, New Delhi, Chengdu and the Middle East.

"I just came back from Abu Dhabi and Dubai. Things are promising. We have to finalise discussions with the airports," he said.

-- BERNAMA