MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Amsterdam-Schiphol 2008-2013 pictures

A few pictures of the last 2 weeks @ AMS:

Dutch Lady in Star Alliance colours (Contactair of Germany) operating a flight for Swiss:

AMS06sep2009001.jpg

Another Star-Alliance member is LOT of Poland, showing here it's Embraer 175:

AMS06sep2009002.jpg

Recently, we also had a nice visitor from the Ukraine; she has such a nice roarrrr and is a good smoker too:

AMS06sep2009003.jpg

AMS06sep2009004.jpg

Not only KLM has a retro, also Air France is flying around a retro (1960's) A320:

AMS06sep2009005.jpg

Registration F-RA has been allocated to the French Air Force; This Twinotter made a night-stop at AMS recently, devoid of any markings except the registration:

AMS06sep2009006.jpg

Not many times, you'll see a South-Korean business-jet at AMS; here is the corporate jet of Samsung resting at the 'East'-apron:

AMS06sep2009007.jpg

PH-BDA (the oldest 737-300 of KLM) is hangared now devoid of ALL titles, incl. her registration (even the ones on the nosewheel-doors):

AMS06sep2009008.jpg

A really nice visitor this week has been Austral of Reunion; she is here for a re-paint (don't know yet it will be the current or new colours):

AMS06sep2009015.jpg

one day later, she was 'all-silver':

AMS06sep2009018.jpg

enjoy...

Thanks Gibby; will check again tomorrow ;)

Meanwhile, here are some more:

Norwegian 73H LN-NON had some engine-problems last week, and called in the help of KLM:

AMS06sep2009014.jpg

Dedicated to you, Gibby, since you love those Bombardier products: :yahoo:

AMS06sep2009016.jpg

AMS06sep2009017.jpg

Last weekend, Mai and I had a joyflight over our city, courtesy of KLM Aeroclub :pardon:

AMS06sep2009009.jpg

Cockpit-picture of PH-KBA (note the negative altimeter/EHLE is below sealevel):

AMS06sep2009010.jpg

Take-off from Lelystad's (EHLE) runway 25:

AMS06sep2009011.jpg

Mai enjoying the flight and views from 1250 feet (no, I'm not the pilot this time):

AMS06sep2009012.jpg

Landing on the same runway 25 again after 50 mins. to the left of the runway, you can see the Aviodrome museum with the KLM 747-300:

AMS06sep2009013.jpg

Nice shots there Pieter. Love those Global Expresses.

KLM colours on the C172 sure look stunnng. :drinks:

Cheers Pieter :D

OT: you're welcome: enjoy your upcoming trip to Hawaii !!! :yahoo: :good:

CeeBee,

Interesting additions to your siggy (esp. the 717's) !!! :drinks:

HA/YV earn you mileage on OneWorld ? :huh:

HSS will return in a few weeks' time back to Gol: nice catch... :good:

Progress of F-OMAY:

12sep2009:

AMS13sep2009012.jpg

tail now also 'scraped'...

14sep2009:

AMS13sep2009015.jpg

white fuselage and wave plus titles lined-out already; new coat on tail...

We had another Global Express at AMS recently, this time in a stunning livery:

AMS13sep2009011.jpg

This Blueline Mad-Dog operated a charter into AMS on 12sep2009 (see the silencers on the exhausts):

AMS13sep2009010.jpg

This Gulfstream-5 was at AMS 14sep2009, and looks impressive from this angle with these huge engines and wingspan:

AMS13sep2009014.jpg

Another progress-shot of F-OMAY :pardon:

17sep2009:

AMS18sep2009002.jpg

it left later that evening for CDG...

18sep2009:

another one arrived from CDG, registered F-ORUN, for a similar re-paint:

AMS18sep2009004.jpg

AMS18sep2009003.jpg

PH-BDA has an added sticker now, but has 'clipped wings' as no engines fitted:

AMS18sep2009001.jpg

by the way: just missed PH-KZS in AF-Regional c/s by 5 mins yesterday... :angry: :finger:

Royal Malaysian Air Force GLEX to Amsterdam on 16th November. Malaysian Deputy Prime Minister will be visiting the Netherlands.

Thanks for the heads-up MIR; unfortunately, missed it, as was at PEK at the time (but saw Air Force One and the lot there :yahoo: )

Hi guys!

With these shots I open my 2010 spottingseason! As I have been OFFLINE for spotting in my own country since 13 september 2010 it was more then time to visit Amsterdam Schiphol Airport again! The weather was expected to be bad so didnt planned anything for this day. But when I woke up this morning and the sky was all blue I decided to drive to AMS/EHAM to do some shooting.

Before this crossed my mind I made this shot:

PHPXB.jpg

This police chopper was looking for a missed woman from my hometown.. she still hasnt been found so far.. missing for over 30 hours now...

Then to Amsterdam

Look the captain is waving during takeoff! Thank God 1st-Officer is on controls :) Never seen a pilot waving during takeoff b4!!

BSPL000.jpg

BSPL002.jpg

BSPL003.jpg

BSPL005.jpg

BSPL006.jpg

BSPL007.jpg

Dedicated to Pieter. Last week of BMI service into Amsterdam. (No picture on this board, but I shoot 2 BA aircraft today.. so still some flights continued during the staff strike of BA).

BSPL008.jpg

BSPL009.jpg

BSPL010.jpg

This week also is the last week of this Dutch Lady operating KLM / KLM Cityhopper flights! Next weekend the last Fokker 50 flights will be operated. Today I had my goodbye from PH-KVK and PH-KVI. Next Sunday I am in Amsterdam again.. maybe I have time to get to Schiphol to witness the very last commercial arrival of F50 in KLM dress.

BSPL011.jpg

I continue with some more noseshots. Azahan, can you tell me if I have passed my nose-shot exam today? :pardon:

BSPL012.jpg

BSPL013.jpg

Pieter, since when does Austrian operate CR2 into AMS?

BSPL014.jpg

BSPL015.jpg

BSPL016.jpg

BSPL017.jpg

BSPL018.jpg

Of course I can't forget MD11! If you see closely (its dark sorry) you can spot a FA on the jumpseat

BSPL019.jpg

And some other angles

BSPL020.jpg

BSPL021.jpg

BSPL022.jpg

BSPL023.jpg

You spot the 2 co-co's on the jumpseat looking at us? One of them is waving HELLO to us

BSPL024.jpg

Just one inboundshot today

BSPL025.jpg

I feel I succeeded my training today and feel I am for 100% ready for the 2010 spotterseason! :yahoo:

Best regards!

Lovely Shots Cornelis... I bet you pass Azahan Nose-shot test there.. heheeheh :good: Hope to see lots more from your part of the world :clapping:

Pieter, since when does Austrian operate CR2 into AMS?

BSPL014.jpg

Cornelis,

Some excellent KLC coverage here !!! :good: :pardon:

Thanks for sharing: yes, KL1026/27mar10 is, indeed, the last planned commercial Fokker 50 flight, and also the last prop-flight

on a regular basis for LHR !!!

OS CR2's are indeed becoming rare at AMS: usually, Fokkers (70/100) operate into their 'homeground'...

You're extremely lucky to get this one, as just read in the latest ATW-mail, all OS CR2's are to be scrapped and parts to be

sold, effective April 2010 !!! :blink:

Learned MASwings operated their last Dutch Lady flight, same as KLM cityhopper :(

Here is a small TV-show about the last joy-flight, operated by KLC on 28mar2010:

http://www.schiphol.nl/InDeSamenleving/SchipholTV/SchipholTV.htm?http://www.schipholtv.com/2010/03/29/vaarwel-fokker-50/

Sound is in Dutch, but, I guess you'll get the idea ;)

Awesome close-ups of those take-offs, Cornelis! :clapping:

KLM has such variety. Time to plan a trip to AMS soon.... :pardon:

- Vivek

Look the captain is waving during takeoff! Thank God 1st-Officer is on controls :) Never seen a pilot waving during takeoff b4!!

BSPL000.jpg

BSPL021.jpg

You spot the 2 co-co's on the jumpseat looking at us? One of them is waving HELLO to us

BSPL024.jpg

These are uber-cool!... great shots CB!

Just a few from last Sunday:

AMSQ001.jpg

First week that Garuda was back in AMS since quite a few years

AMSQ005.jpg

Corendon operating new type into AMS, 738

AMSQ007.jpg

Gvmt aircraft came in, seen on photograph with 2 new aircraft for Midex (still French registered)

AMSQ009.jpg

JAL send 772 1W scheme

AMSQ010.jpg

Edited by Cornelis Boersma

One question here. In the KLM 747 picture of the cockpit, I noticed an emergency exit hatch and I assume its located in the cockpit. Can anyone explain how do you escape from that hatch? Via inflatable slide like other normal emergency exits or by other means? Thanks!