MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Pieter C.

Amsterdam-Schiphol 2008-2013 pictures

Thanks Pieter for the information.

You're welcome; glad you were able to get both 'retros' currently operating by NL airlines :pardon:

K C was lucky to get the retro-767 of Martinair, and so was I a few days back at the technical-area, while she was resting in between flights:

AMSjan-feb2009001.jpg

A7-ACF was re-painted by KLM from the old- to the new dress; here, the Airbus is waiting for departure:

AMSjan-feb2009003.jpg

Outside Hangar 14, Alpha-Charley-Foxtrot was joined by another Kilo-Charley-family (dedicated to Imran K.):

AMSjan-feb2009002.jpg

2-in-1: retro PH-BXA joins 9M-MLA on her way from Lake-City/FL via Boston/MA to Dubai and Kuala-Lumpur:

AMSjan-feb2009006.jpg

"Kapitan, look right, what's that sebben-tree doing here":

AMSjan-feb2009004.jpg

Here, she is seen resting after her arrival at 0950 hrs local time; my apologies for the stairs and the weather-conditions (light rain at the time):

AMSjan-feb2009005.jpg

Hopefully, we'll see some DXB pictures soon, as well as landing-shots at KLIA :pardon:

Too bad, MH didn't choose for a 'new' or 'special' colours for this new aircraft-type (800 series 737)...also, IMHO the titles are way too small :blink: :sorry:

Dank je wel and congratulation Pieter for the first photograph of the much awaited 9M-MLA. I think even the kite at the vertical stabilizer is a bit small than on the B734s. I wonder how is the interior looks like.

Thank you Pieter, nice shot of the MH 747 and 737 together. I wonder when a picture like that will ever be caught again ever outside Malaysia? :D

And yeah, looks like the titles and Wau is a bit smaller than normal.

Pieter, thank You for the MAS B738 shots & "Koningin Beatrix" :drinks:

Edited by MIR

Thank you Pieter, nice shot of the MH 747 and 737 together. I wonder when a picture like that will ever be caught again ever outside Malaysia? :D

Hint: Taipei :pardon:

Thanx Unc. Pieter for the shots......MH 738 looks great!

Hopefully, we'll see some DXB pictures soon, as well as landing-shots at KLIA

Too bad, MH didn't choose for a 'new' or 'special' colours for this new aircraft-type (800 series 737)...also, IMHO the titles are way too small

I agree with you Pieter. It seems to be a repeat of OK-TVC and OK-TVD and it is different from the size of the standard logo and font on the B737-4H6s. Perhaps they were from the same paint shop which painted OK-TVC and TVD.

Hopefully, Boeing's paint shop will put the normal size logo and font on the new 737-8H6 for Malaysia Airlines.

This 737-800 seems to be an eyebrows-less 737 too! Haven't seen one of those in MH livery.

Pieter, thank you for bringing us the photos!

Edited by S V Choong

You're welcome, guys !!!

Here's is a link with some close-up pictures:

http://www.scramble.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=48844

9M-MLA was off-blocks at 0722z and airborne from runway 24 (@ SPL) at 0744z en-route to DXB now :pardon:

Thanks for the photo of 9M-MLA,Uncle Pieter!

Looking forward to see her in Malaysia!

Thanks for the MD11 dedication bro... *drools*

That window...remember the window... :rolleyes:

As for 9M-MLA...i hope Konstantin is out spotting today...as its a FANTASTIC day for spotting! 30L/R in use...with blazing sunshine and Perth-like blue skies!

Sorry MWingers...no shots from me...lepaking on the beach la...too lazy to go all the way to the airport for some aircraft... :rolleyes:

The 'jellyfish' on the tail looks smaller, or does the B738 has a bigger tail 'surface area'? :pardon:

Many thanks Uncle Pieter :drinks:

Guys,

#2 is enroute now, routing via BGR (Bangor) i.s.o. BOS (Boston), as per below received info:

Due to route NIBOG UN551 BESOP UP6 REMSI UL603 LAMSO is 9M-MLB B737-8Q8 c/n 30703/1964 routing BGR - AMS due Schiphol 0840z/10feb2009.

This was formerly XL.com G-XLAJ.

It is presently routing LCQ - BGR, and is coming up to New Jersey.

Hexcode is 7500DF.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/MAS5403

Edit: 10feb09 - landed 0846z on runway 06, and parked @ D93 since 0854z...

Will see if I can 'shoot' her again... :pardon:

Will see if I can 'shoot' her again... :pardon:

Sorry, guys, weather was extremely bad (snow/rain showers and strong winds), so no picture from me, however, here's a link:

http://nlspotpictures.fpic.co.uk/p56341857.html

Meanwhile, Mike-Lima-Bravo was offblocks 0813z and airborne (from runway 24) 0845z (took long time, due de-icing aircraft), now en-route to DXB :pardon:

(so 1 hour 45mins behind planned skedule)...

Sorry, guys, weather was extremely bad (snow/rain showers and strong winds), so no picture from me, however, here's a link:

http://nlspotpictures.fpic.co.uk/p56341857.html

Meanwhile, Mike-Lima-Bravo was offblocks 0813z and airborne (from runway 24) 0845z (took long time, due de-icing aircraft), now en-route to DXB :pardon:

(so 1 hour 45mins behind planned skedule)...

Ah, the only time a MAS 737 will need de-icing :D

PH-KLD has left the KLC fleet and is now 'stored' at Woensdrecht; here, she's seen before departure as KL7151:

AMS-feb2009001.jpg

Aegean is an E & M customer of KLM; here the 737 is seen parked outside while the engines are being overhauled at the engine-shop:

AMS-feb2009002.jpg

Europe Airpost operates one of the most colourful liveries in Europe:

AMS-feb2009005.jpg

A new German airline is Air Cargo Germany, which will start operations soon from Hahn Airport:

AMS-feb2009006.jpg

Here, the ex-CI 747-400SF is seen in full glory, waiting for her delivery in front of Hangar 14:

AMS-feb2009007.jpg

Not really AMS, but spend last weekend at Como/IT, and was surprised to see this:

AMS-feb2009004.jpg

Till next time... :pardon:

Nice coverage, Pieter! Thanks and keep them coming. :lol:

Hope ACG can ride through the turbulence in the current economy climate.

Weet je wanneer die Duitser geferryd wordt?

D-ACGA was delivered 25feb09 in the afternoon to HHN...

During lunch-break today, a sudden 'roar' became closer and closer, and suddenly this Sikorsky S-61 of the British Coastguard appeared from behind the Hangars:

AMS-28feb2009001.jpg

...apparently it was an emergency-flight, as soon afterwards two ambulances approached the helicopter and medics rushed towards it (here you can see the 'unloading'):

AMS-28feb2009002.jpg

...and after some re-fuelling (with running engines/rotors !!! :blink: ), it was off to the West again:

AMS-28feb2009003.jpg

but, since the ambulances didn't speed away after the departure of the copter, I guess, it was all too late: R.I.P. :(