MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Wilson Kook

What's your favourite plane & airline?

favourite airlines: MAS (still have a soft spot); KLM cityhopper; British Airways (up to their suspension of KUL); Emirates

favourite aircrafts: 744, 77W, 772

Edited by Izanee

Out of fascination, my favorite aircraft would be the Airbus A300-600ST (Super Transporter), or fondly known as The Beluga!! :D

Favorite airlines... yet to be confirmed hehe..

My favorite plane and airline: Malaysia Airlines B737-400 series.

The reason is obvious. :)

My favorite plane and airline: Malaysia Airlines B737-400 series.

The reason is obvious. :)

Well noted. :)

Pour moi,

Plane: B744, B773ER, A346, A310 (for its 'chubbyness')

Airline: None in particular. just some with nice liveries. that's all.

the true Best cabin staff and meal ever experienced ; Therefore the best airline is SR - ( too bad they are no longer with us); MH used to be almost that good in the late 70's and late 90's but not today.

Aircraft - DC- 10

favourite airlines: MAS (still have a soft spot); KLM cityhopper; British Airways (up to their suspension of KUL); Emirates

favourite aircrafts: 744, 77W, 772

Thanks a lot :yahoo: : may I know why ? :pardon:

i've only flown on them a couple of times Pieter but they provided me with excellent service and left a good impression on me. the crew were friendly and nice; service efficient; aircraft comfortable and sandwiches were really nice! What more can you ask for after a long flight to/from Malaysia?

KLM 747 AMS-KUL was a bit hit and miss. No IFE, not so great food. Crew were really nice though. I can't sleep on flights so not having any personal TV screens is a problem! I would be happy though if I flew on KL's 772.... don't wanna fly to SIN though. Need to support our local air hub!

:drinks:

I think the A330 is a good looking aircraft (see the top of the normal forum skin, great picture!), but why do the 'workers' of it don't like it?

Turbulence Queen. Doesn't take much to bounce it around.

For MH, the 'workers don't like it bcoz of Galley set up, IFE and route structure....no nice nightstops.......

For MH, the 'workers don't like it bcoz of Galley set up, IFE and route structure....no nice nightstops.......

The popular beliefs about how it handles turbulence is highly exaggerated. Nothing beats the 744 and 737 but if prepared properly it's not too bad. There is just the high level layer cloud that it doesn't like to fly within.

HKG, PEK, PVG, IST, BNE, PER, DXB are pretty good nightstops stations. Just not enough probably.

Edited by Ahmad M

If MH staff is not happy, why keep them as it is? The very least is to improve them ( at least to be on par with your 772s) ; Afterall, in business, good profitable and sustainable revenue would come when the employee is happy ( in this case to operate them ) . Or is your managemt does not listen to the employee's problems?

I must agree that the A330 , is aesthetically pleasing, but the performance wise does not look that good for long haul ( except the A330-200).

i've only flown on them a couple of times Pieter but they provided me with excellent service and left a good impression on me. the crew were friendly and nice; service efficient; aircraft comfortable and sandwiches were really nice! What more can you ask for after a long flight to/from Malaysia?

I would be happy though if I flew on KL's 772.... don't wanna fly to SIN though. Need to support our local air hub!

Good to hear about your great experiences with KLC :pardon:

772's will remain on SIN, however, MNL will be upgraded from 772 to 773 this Summer ;)

HKG, PEK, PVG, IST, BNE, PER, DXB are pretty good nightstops stations. Just not enough probably.

BNE is seasonal. Up to the 14th of this month only I think for the 330.

Haha you forgot to mention a few other 'good' nightstops ie. DEL, BOM, KHI, CMB just to name a few. Would prefer the orient routes tho.

Cheers

Edited by Mohd. Afiq A.

I must agree that the A330 , is aesthetically pleasing, but the performance wise does not look that good for long haul ( except the A330-200).

The A330-300 wasn't meant for long haul. Up to 7 hours sectors it has no peers economically. That's why MAS is keeping it. Why they didn't upgrade the cabin together with the 747 and 777, only the wise men of the old management knows.

My QF friends hate it because there aren't any crew bunks. And QF uses the 333 for longish flights like PVG, PEK and BOM.

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=...mp;postcount=13

Soon they'd have 332s for flights as long as MEL-AKL-LAX.

Edited by Keith T

As another KLM Cityhopper fan, can Pieter tell me when KLc are expecting delivery of their first Embraer 190?

Much as I love the Fokker 70/100 trips to AMS I can't wait to board a KLc Embraer 190 at Glasgow. :yahoo:

Edited by Ken M.

As another KLM Cityhopper fan, can Pieter tell me when KLc are expecting delivery of their first Embraer 190?

Much as I love the Fokker 70/100 trips to AMS I can't wait to board a KLc Embraer 190 at Glasgow. :yahoo:

Ken,

KLC is expecting the 1st E190 (PH-EZA) the end of October 2008 ;)

OK, guys, this was OT: mind going back to the original question ? :huh:

As a kid then,

Fav. Airline: Cathay Pacific (love those green stripes, still do!)

Fav. Aircraft: L1011 Super Tristar (really missed those birds :cray: )

As an adult now,

Fav. Airline: Singapore Airlines

Fav. Aircraft: A345 (Exec Y-class!) & starting to like the A380

:hi: BUT NOTHING BEATS THE GRACEFULNESS (OH THOSE CURVES!) OF THE 747! (any variant)

Sign in to follow this