MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Wilson Kook

What's your favourite plane & airline?

Aircraft: A380-841, A340-541, B777-200(LR), B777-300(ER), B737NG

Airline: Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, AirAsia, Southwest Airlines, United Airlines

:drinks:

Alan, you like the DC10 as a Cabin Crew. I love the DC10 as a Pilot.

I like the DC-10 since it's good looking aircraft.

Azuddin

I think the A330 is a good looking aircraft (see the top of the normal forum skin, great picture!), but why do the 'workers' of it don't like it?

Edited by jani

Favourite airlines: MH and SQ (software: MH, hardware SQ)

Favourite aircraft: B747 (especially being in the upper deck)

Aircraft - Fokker 50, Dornier 328PROPS, Dash 8-Q400, A330-200, A340-500, B757-200, B737NG

Airline - MH(F50 days), Firefly, MASwings, Pelangi, Skywest, Air Alps, Tyrolean, Frontier, Cathay Pacific, Dragonair, ANA, Monarch (FlyKandi), First Choice, Emirates, Etihad, Qatar, SQ, Asiana, Continental, KLM Cityhopper, VLM, SAS, Swiss.

I think the A330 is a good looking aircraft (see the top of the normal forum skin, great picture!), but why do the 'workers' of it don't like it?

A330!! As I'm one of the mentioned 'workers', i love this aircraft. Easy to fly, an aircraft which reduces your workload alot. Lotz of automation. Auto trimming! Auto thrust with non movable thrust levers, dark cockpit concept, ECAM!! Just to name a few... What's there not to like about the bus?

Btw, don't you guys just love her when she tip toes as she lands? Beautiful!

Cheers

Fave airlines: Singapore, Qantas, Air NZ, Lufthansa (only in F), American (only ground staff, especially in res and ticketing)

Fave aircraft: don't really have one - but i think the upper deck of a 744 is nice with those great side storage cabinets.

Edited by Keith T

ER is extended range? then what is LR?

LR = long range..while 773ER is the extended range version of 773. I reckon the 772LR flies further than the 773ER. U guys out there...correct me if i'm wrong..

Indeed, LR is Long Range and ER is Extended Range. Both the 777-200LR and 777-300ER have the same wing design, raked wingtips and a new GE90 engines. The 777-200LR has shorter fuselage which enables it to fly further than the 777-300ER (lighter load means longer range).

Below are photos of the 777-233LR of Air Canada

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Canada/...3-LR/1233155/L/

777-333ER

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-Canada/...nada/1298256/L/

I wouldn't call this my favourite airline, but the best value-for-money flight I took was on Monarch Airlines from London to Gibraltar in 2001. The 2+ hours flight cost only GBP60, which is comparable to the likes of Easyjet and Ryanair. However, we were given full hot breakfast, frequent offerings of snacks, free magazines like OK!, Hello! etc (3 people in a row sharing 3 different mags) and overhead IFE (I think they screened Mr Bean or something). The service and product offerings was much, much better than BA on other similar routes. Unfortunately, this business model was no longer sustainable and they decided to go fully no-frills like the rest of LCC just a few months later. Sigh.

As for my favourite airline, it's Emirates hands down.

A330!! As I'm one of the mentioned 'workers', i love this aircraft. Easy to fly, an aircraft which reduces your workload alot. Lotz of automation. Auto trimming! Auto thrust with non movable thrust levers, dark cockpit concept, ECAM!! Just to name a few... What's there not to like about the bus? Btw, don't you guys just love her when she tip toes as she lands? Beautiful! Cheers
With Afiq here and a lot of it's crew love it especially the Playstation generation.
Fav Airline: SIA, KLM, Malaysia AirlinesFav Aircraft: 747-8, A300-600R and 777-300ERHope more airlines will order the 747-8 some day.
The 747-800 is not even built yet so quite strange to have it as your favourite plane.

Fav airplane: Tupolev TU-154M - looks good and mean in any colourscheme :pardon:

Fav airline: KLM - my breadwinner for over 34 years :yahoo:

The 747-800 is not even built yet so quite strange to have it as your favourite plane.

Its not strange. U dont have to have the plane built to appreciate its a good plane!

Favourite Airlines: I would say I am one of the Malaysia Airlines die hard fan.

Favourite Aircraft: Boeing 777

Hehe, your avatar said otherwise :p

Its not strange. U dont have to have the plane built to appreciate its a good plane!

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know it's good? I know the 747-400 was good although a little long in the tooth now. Just curious, maybe you have an inside story regarding it's developement.

If you don't mind me asking, how do you know it's good? I know the 747-400 was good although a little long in the tooth now. Just curious, maybe you have an inside story regarding it's developement.

Hi. No worries.. Well, been reading alot abt the 747-8, its development and all. Agree with you its still not operational yet but with Boeings many years experience in the 747-400. the new 787 and now 747-8, its definately going to be a good plane. Maybe I am Boeing bias but some of the technical engineering reports i read abt the 747-8, shows its good! Hope this clarifies. The body of the 747-8 is much slicker too than the A380!!

Sign in to follow this