MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Nik H.

Wanna Fly a Plane?

thanks capt nik! :yahoo: i vote for 1 march 2008.... :drinks:

so when's the briefing/TT at Aman Suria? usely go there to meet/TT my car club buddies....never tought would go there for MW activities! :p

Any preparation that we need to make :rolleyes:

Both days are ok with me. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Capt Nik, what if I could not be able to make it for the TT briefing the day before ? Any alternative.

Edited by kelvin L

Capt. Nik,Are you organizing these flights also in June ?As you know, residing in AMS, but will be over to Malaysia 25jun-01jul, and would LOVE to do some flying during that time (US PPL holder, flown C-152 and C-172 most of the time)...So, if you can in June, count me in with two persons :pardon:

i see a familiar face there in the pictures.. it's capt joe whom i have flown before few months back in APFT. he has acrobatic flying experiences and he handles the planes very well. too bad, i can't go on continue to fly with him due to financial constraints.

Salam Capt Nik,

23rd Feb sound good. But i wont be able to join for briefing on 22nd as i on my way to KUL. Kindly reserved my name and my wife. I prefer cessna and sit on the left seat. Thanks..

Capt,

Is it too late to register myself? I just came back from holidays, juz saw this.. Pls? 1 more slot? Any day will be perfect for me.

Regards,

Victor

1. TK

2. Wilson

3. David C

4. KK Lee

5. Mohammed Nasir

6. Viktor A.

7. Walter Sim

8. Kevin Teh

9. TW Teo

10.Diadrian

11. Azuan Zaidi

12. Kelvin L

13. Alan B

14. LeeCH

15. KS Ong

16 Nicholas

17. Irni

18 Jerry Ang

19. Andy

20. Chen Tzy Wen

21. Saadiah

22. Teo Z. Yao

23. Razlizam

24. PC Yuen

25. Mohd Yohan

26. Victor Goh

Event Photographers

1. Norman

2. Gavin

3. Chong H.V.

Contributing Photographers

1. Attan

2. Jonathan Kong

Briefing Contributor

Capt Norhisham Kassim. (MH B777 Captain)

The Latest Update

1. TK TBC

2. Wilson TBC

3. David C 23rd

4. KK Lee 23rd

5. Mohammed Nasir TBC

6. Viktor A. 23rd

7. Walter Sim 23rd

8. Kevin Teh 1st

9. TW Teo 1st

10.Diadrian 23rd

11. Azuan Zaidi 23rd

12. Kelvin L 23rd

13. Alan B 1st

14. LeeCH n/a

15. KS Ong 1st

16 Nicholas 1st

17. Irni 23rd

18 Jerry Ang TBC

19. Andy TBC

20. Chen Tzy Wen 23rd

21. Saadiah 23rd

22. Teo Z. Yao 23rd

23. Razlizam TBC

24. PC Yuen TBC

25. Mohd Yohan 1st

26. Victor Goh TBC

27. Meor 23rd

28. M. Yohan TBC

Event Photographers

1. Norman 23rd

2. Gavin 1st

3. Chong H.V. 23rd

Contributing Photographers

1. Attan TBC

2. Jonathan Kong TBC

Briefing Contributor

Capt Norhisham Kassim. (MH B777 Captain) 23rd

At this moment the tally looks as follows;

12 Flyers, 2 Photographers and 1 Contributor ( Total 14 ) are available on the 23rd.

6 Flyers, 1 Photographer ( Total 7 ) are available on the 1st.

9 Flyers and 2 Contributers ( Total 11 ) are yet to confirm the dates.

Currently it looks like 23rd is the likely date.

Those on TBC status please confirm so plans can be finalised.

the cost for participation is between RM 250 -RM 300 depending on the total number of flying hours utilised between the aircraft we booked.

The Briefing date is to be changed to the Thursday 21st Feb or Thursday 28th Feb depending on the flying date decided.

The final flying date will be confirmation deadline will be midnight 13th february 2008.

Although I did state that the pre-briefing will be mandatory previously, I'd declare it optional now in case some could not turn up due to other commitments.

However, it is advisable to come for the briefing as it will serve to prepare you for your flight experience. You will get better appreciation of your flight if you can anticipate the chain of events and will derive best return for the money you spend.

The 90 minute Briefing will cover the following;

1. Aircraft General Information

a. Specification

b. Powerplant ( Engine)

c. Performance

d. Controls.

2. Ground Activities

a. External Inspection ( Checking of Flight Controls, Fuel, Engine Oil etc )

b. Internal Inspection ( Electrics, Instruments, Seats etc )

3. Area Orientation

a. SZB Position

b. Runway Direction

c. General Area of Flightpath to be Overflown

Please go to Google Maps and pay particular attention to area surrounding SZB Airport and the Shah Alam and Klang Area. Note the landmarks, ie Shah Alam Mosque, One Utama, Menara PJ, etc. This will help you to orientate yourself easily. You will enjoy your flight more if you can easily recognise the features you are overflying.

4. Maneuvers

a. Taxi

b. Take-Off

c. Climb

d. Turns

e. Effects of Power

e. Descend

f. Landing

5. Safety and Emergency Procedures

1. Dos and don'ts as we are guests at T3

2. Apron Safety

3. Flight Safety ( strict and immediate adherence to Instructors instructions)

4. Emergency Procedures.

Please prepare a deposit of RM150 for aircraft booking on the night of the briefing.

The briefing will be between 2030 - 2200 hrs on the indentified Thursday night.

I will speak to the Eurocopter people to try and arrange a visit to their Hangar facilities at T3 for some aviation 'eye candy'.

This write up will be regularly updated as the date draws closer.

Thank You.

I am okay with the date 23rd of February but I am very sorry that I can't attend the briefing because I am traveling from Penang. If the briefing on Friday I still can rearrange my working schedule.

Ok, i'll be available on 23rd.

Briefing pun ok! available.

Where is the briefing? Not at SZB itself ka?

Jerry,... please document every possible happenings off and onboard the flights ok, i wish i could go, me in Sin that time adoi.. so many airshows here n there kakaka :drinks:

Looks like I can't make it. I will be stuck working at a Financial Planning seminar :cray: While I rather be up in the wide blue yonder, I have to be stuck on ground earning money. Will look forward to the next session and Capt. Nik, I hope it will soon :rolleyes:

Jerry,... please document every possible happenings off and onboard the flights ok, i wish i could go, me in Sin that time adoi.. so many airshows here n there kakaka :drinks:

Don't under estimate the power of the Wallaper! :p

Don't under estimate the power of the Wallaper! :p

It's always comforting to hear that "W" word from u hahaha :pardon:

I'll be there on the 23rd Feb.

FYI Capt Nik, I'll be away from 12 Feb till 15 Feb and I might not be able to get online.

Do send my warmest regards to Johari if you happen to bump into him before the the 23rd. I'm looking forward to join this exciting event!

I'm interested in the Cessna, Piper or Tobago. I've flown the eagle and zodiac before. Do let me know the rates of those aircrafts. Gotta make sure I got enuff at the end of the day! hahaha...AVgas not cheap these days! sigh!

Edited by PC Yuen

I will speak to the Eurocopter people to try and arrange a visit to their Hangar facilities at T3 for some aviation 'eye candy'.

:clapping: For the possible Eurocopter visit addition! This is looking to be more and more of a fun fun day indeed!

the cost for participation is between RM 250 -RM 300 depending on the total number of flying hours utilised between the aircraft we booked.

Out of curiousity, usually how long does it take per person to be up in the air in each session? 1 hour inclusive the walkaround etc, or less?

The Briefing date is to be changed to the Thursday 21st Feb or Thursday 28th Feb depending on the flying date decided.

Although I did state that the pre-briefing will be mandatory previously, I'd declare it optional now in case some could not turn up due to other commitments.

However, it is advisable to come for the briefing as it will serve to prepare you for your flight experience. You will get better appreciation of your flight if you can anticipate the chain of events and will derive best return for the money you spend.

The 90 minute Briefing will cover the following;

1. Aircraft General Information

2. Ground Activities

3. Area Orientation

4. Maneuvers

5. Safety and Emergency Procedures

Please prepare a deposit of RM150 for aircraft booking on the night of the briefing.

The briefing will be between 2030 - 2200 hrs on the indentified Thursday night.

Wow... so much to learn/understand in the space of 90mins! So this is the drawn up flight familiarization syllabus. Will we need to write our own notes (to those who's an absolute beginner, like me!), or will we be given some pointers in hardcopies?

p/s: I think I can make it on Thursday. Still at Aman Suria, right?

This write up will be regularly updated as the date draws closer.

Thank You.

It should be us to thank you instead ^_^

:clapping: For the possible Eurocopter visit addition! This is looking to be more and more of a fun fun day indeed!

Out of curiousity, usually how long does it take per person to be up in the air in each session? 1 hour inclusive the walkaround etc, or less?

Wow... so much to learn/understand in the space of 90mins! So this is the drawn up flight familiarization syllabus. Will we need to write our own notes (to those who's an absolute beginner, like me!), or will we be given some pointers in hardcopies?

p/s: I think I can make it on Thursday. Still at Aman Suria, right?

It should be us to thank you instead ^_^

The Eurocopter visit is confirmed.

Apart from the usual line up of helicopters, there are also the TBM and a Baron there. I'll make arrangements for photography for Mwingers who will be there for the day.

The plan is to have two Flyers and one instructor per flight. Flyer 'a' will experience take-off. climb, cruise, etc followed by a mid air seating switch where Flyer 'b' will experience turns, cruise etc then join the circuit for a Touch n Go. At downwind position Flyer 'a' will then switch position with Flyer'b' again for approach and landing experience.

The aircraft will taxy to the apron for a 'running change'.

Expect to spend at least 30 minutes per pair.

The briefing as I have stated is optional. For some, who already have flying experience professionally or on a casual basis, the briefing will be a piece of cake. For the rest, the briefing will be useful.

As for hardcopies, I can arrange some simple write-ups if at least one participant is willing to assist me in putting the Briefing sheet in print. This can be done in my SZB office during office hours anytime this weeek or the next.

Any volunteers?