MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Izanee

Alternative survey on MWs - to snek or not??

MH inflight meals  

68 members have voted

1. 1. What do you prefer for your regional/domestic flights?

• Snek boks with kapsikum sandwic
    • Hot meal (e.g. rice/curry or nasi goreng etc etc)

I am just curious to see if we can achieve IJ's spectacular 93% votes for the snek boks (sounds like a south african animal).

I voted for hot meal, of course.

But since this voting is on MW, I think I already know the voting result.

Anyway, at this moment, I still prefer to fly AK domestically. So my final vote would really be "Pak Naseer Nasi Lemak" + hot Milo = RM 12 :yahoo:

Edited by Fitri Shukri

I flew MH on 97 sectors in my entire life and I was served with the 'snackbox' on the last 3 sectors (KCH-KUL-BKK-KUL). From the experience, I am so certain that...

I HATE MH SNACKBOX WITH EVERY SINGLE FIBRE OF MY BEING!

I hope I made myself loud and clear. :angry:

I HATE MH SNACKBOX WITH EVERY SINGLE FIBRE OF MY BEING!

I hope I made myself loud and clear. :angry:

Indeed... where's my earplugs?... :p

Well, giving no constraints (pricing, etc.) to the above poll, the answer is definitely obvious... ain't it?

Just to note, recently I was on a DL (Delta Airlines) from LAX to TPA (Tampa, Florida) and on SA from JNB to CPT and on both I was served snackboxes.

Although of course we are all disappointed that MH is doing the same, it's not the end of the world.

Edited by jani

I vote for hot meals any time. At the time of my voting, 96% want hot meals. Wonder how the esteemed statisticians at Malaysian Airlines System Berhad got the figures the other way round in their survey. Did they conduct a survey on Martians or orang bunians ?

Edited by Rozhan

I wan eat hot food no wan sandwic. So I no one fly Malaysia Airline :pardon:

That's show that passengers still prefer hot meals. A friend of mine who is a leading steward with MH told me that the management had done a survey prior to the introduction of snack box, thats rubbish and silly excuse. I felt very disappointed that the management had implemented something without taking into the considerations of the passengers' opinion.

Edited by Kenneth T

Just to note, recently I was on a DL (Delta Airlines) from LAX to TPA (Tampa, Florida) and on SA from JNB to CPT and on both I was served snackboxes.

Although of course we are all disappointed that MH is doing the same, it's not the end of the world.

on SA it depends. I think all domestic is snack box. I got snack box JNB-Windhoek but warm meal on the way back. Also warm meals on the return flights to Kasane but snack box on the Gabarone flights.

If I were to guess, I would say it depends on what time you are flying - close to dinner/lunch time means warm meal, otherwise you get snack box.

In any case, I feel that it doesn't matter what DL or SA are offering because the proper comparison would be against airlines competing in the same region. Do Thai (non-5 star), SQ or CX serve snack boxes?

I have not had the MH snack boxes so I can't comment whether I like it or not.

Do Thai, Cathay and SIA serve snackboxes? Probably not. But at the same time they are making a decent sum of money, being stable financially.

The same can't be said of MAS.

I don't think its fair to blame IJ for everything when in fact he is just doing his job to bring the company back into the black.

Admittedly he is doing some crazy cost cutting, and I don't like it, but what would you have done different?

Personally, I think MAS should work better with Air Asia, instead of trying to compete crazily. The same thing Singapore does.

Jani

Maybe you should go for Continental or AA if you fly US domestic. I flew on Continental a lot ever since 1995, I no longer flown on Delta after that. Continental serves meal tray for domestic flight which is around 2 hours or more.

I think this survey is ridiculous. Why bother on the same issue???

It's so obvious everyone hates the snackbox. It's so obvious MH's survey was full of crap. So why bother???

your judgment is wrong Khaled. as when i'm posting this post, 3 people still say the snackbox r0x big time. it is not a matter of who hates, but i'd love to hear explanations from those who love it. there definitely must be a reason for their love, right?

Do Thai, Cathay and SIA serve snackboxes? Probably not. But at the same time they are making a decent sum of money, being stable financially.

The same can't be said of MAS.

I don't think its fair to blame IJ for everything when in fact he is just doing his job to bring the company back into the black.

Admittedly he is doing some crazy cost cutting, and I don't like it, but what would you have done different?

Personally, I think MAS should work better with Air Asia, instead of trying to compete crazily. The same thing Singapore does.

TG and CX serve meal boxes on their regional routes..less than 3 hours

Khaled, don't bother if you're upset about this survey. Its all a bit of fun. I wanted to see how true MAS' survey is. True, we may be biased - but I am sure that the 93% figure from IJ&Co is not representative of the average Malaysian passenger.

MH is already making a few hundred million ringgit profit YTD oredi...... bring back the hot meals lah, or at least offer a choice during ticket booking. Heck.... perhaps a nominal charge for hot meals may be possible. Tickets are getting more expensive, brand experience is dissapointing.

Or is MH is only interested in stockpiling its bank account with money just in case there is another 'bust' cycle in the next few years down the road.

we are doing worse off than IJ&co's survey! 5 people voted for snek boks. would love to hear their comments/reasons why. any takers?

we are doing worse off than IJ&co's survey! 5 people voted for snek boks. would love to hear their comments/reasons why. any takers?

Diet maybe? :rolleyes:

Sign in to follow this