MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Tamizi Hj Tamby

Latest news on MASWings

Guys,

Is there any latest developments on MASWings? If i'm not mistaken,they just received their 7th F50.

This interesting news I found in Aviationweek & Space Technology of 10dec07:

"Malaysia mulls ATR for patrol aircraft.

Malaysia Airlines' decision to increase its order for ATR72 turboprops may have improved the chances for the aircraft type to prevail in Malaysia's quest to field surveillance aircraft. The malaysian government has long been seeking an aircraft to meet airforce- and navy requirements in maratime patrol and anti-submarine warfare. The services have a joint requirement for 6-10 of such aircraft, with a request for proposals for a first lot of four aircraft expected soon. Italian industry officials hope their recent commercial success in Malaysia could translate into military orders, because the government could rely on the airline for maintenance, support and pilot training. ATR also is considering Malaysia as a regional support and training hub.

The Malaysian Coast-Guard also is in the market for a surveillance aircraft, but its finances are even more limited than that of the fegular armed forces, and there is a sense in industry the program may not materialize. The Coast-Guard would want at least two aircraft.

While military orders for now are little more than goals, the commercial martket for the ATRs in Malaysia is hardly slowing down. Deliveries for regional carrier Firefly are to start in September 2008, while MASwings is to get its first ATRs in 2009. Firefly will use a 72-seat cabin, while MASwings will use 68 seats."

Thanks for the news,Uncle Pieter. :lol:

One more thing; I've seen the digital images of Firefly & MASWings ATR 72-500 at ATR website.

Edited by Tamizi Hj Tamby

This interesting news I found in Aviationweek & Space Technology of 10dec07:

"Malaysia mulls ATR for patrol aircraft.

Malaysia Airlines' decision to increase its order for ATR72 turboprops may have improved the chances for the aircraft type to prevail in Malaysia's quest to field surveillance aircraft. The malaysian government has long been seeking an aircraft to meet airforce- and navy requirements in maratime patrol and anti-submarine warfare. The services have a joint requirement for 6-10 of such aircraft, with a request for proposals for a first lot of four aircraft expected soon. Italian industry officials hope their recent commercial success in Malaysia could translate into military orders, because the government could rely on the airline for maintenance, support and pilot training. ATR also is considering Malaysia as a regional support and training hub.

The Malaysian Coast-Guard also is in the market for a surveillance aircraft, but its finances are even more limited than that of the fegular armed forces, and there is a sense in industry the program may not materialize. The Coast-Guard would want at least two aircraft.

While military orders for now are little more than goals, the commercial martket for the ATRs in Malaysia is hardly slowing down. Deliveries for regional carrier Firefly are to start in September 2008, while MASwings is to get its first ATRs in 2009. Firefly will use a 72-seat cabin, while MASwings will use 68 seats."

Very possible of the ATR joining Royal Malaysian Navy. :clapping:

Very possible of the ATR joining Royal Malaysian Navy. :clapping:

Most likely its gonna be the "Malaysian Coast Guard / Agensi Penguatkuasaan Maritim Malaysia".

The RMAF was thought to be inclined towards a marinised CN-235,and theres a possibility of joint ownership with the RMN.

Anyone heard rumour/news about a MASwings F50 jumped it's choke during engine run and ran into another F50 nearby in MYY? Anymore info?

Edited by Adrian M

Anyone heard rumour/news about a MASwings F50 jumped it's choke during engine run and ran into another F50 nearby in MYY? Anymore info?

Wah, serious problem :huh:

Are you sure about this!? If this is true I'll go to airport now!! Can somebody confirm again?

Go on Chan, it's starting to get dark already !! :)

Haha! No way bro, airport is so far away from where I live. Planning to go today though, hope can still catch something at least. Will see......

Well, just went there. Cannot see much, as they towed it to a hangar, which belongs to "Layang Layang" IF I'm not wrong.

So now what we can confirm is there is a F50 grounded, not on news.

IMG_9164.jpg

Sorry again for the pic, I know it is useless just to share, for you, BC Tam and AdrianM!!

Ha ha, thanks for the effort ! :good:

I suspect it might be a bit of a heartbreak for Adrian and Uncle Pieter though :(

Ha ha, thanks for the effort ! :good:

I suspect it might be a bit of a heartbreak for Adrian and Uncle Pieter though :(

Haha! For sure they are. But it doesn't seems to be a big problem though, so no worries. I believe it will fly soon!

Haha! For sure they are.

:( :(

:( :(

Oh don't be like that, sorry if I offended you... Hope that it will return to service soon, will keep you informed, hehe...

There are 2 F50 grounded. One of the f50 wing that jumped chocked collided with another f50 fuselage.

So, if that's true. There must be some flight will be affected, anyone here has any idea which flight will be affected?

Oh don't be like that, sorry if I offended you... Hope that it will return to service soon, will keep you informed, hehe...

No offence at all :pardon:

Of another topic: was trying to book a BKI-KUD-BKI return on the DHT, but you're re-directed to the MAS website, where it's NOT possible to book for this stretch (although shown as a valid route at the MASwings website) :angry:

Guess, I've to wait another year to do this, Ewan... <_>

Finally, some good news from MASwings :)

I guess they will be using the Twin Otter on the KCH-Tanjung Manis route? Can't wait...

MASwings plans more flights

KUCHING: MASwings will introduce twice daily flights from here to Mukah from March 30.

The current frequency for the sector is nine flights per week.

The increased flights are part of the airline's intention to do more flying as well as introduce new aircrafts and chart new destinations.

The airline has attracted 250,000 passengers within five months of operations.

Another route, the Kuching-Tanjung Manis, will have three weekly flights from April 5.

MASwings, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Malaysia Airlines, is a regional airline operating the Rural Air Services (RAS) in Sabah and Sarawak. It took over the services from FlyAsianXpress.

MASwings managing director Dr Amin Khan said the airline's first new ATR aircraft to replace the Fokker 50 would be commissioned in August.

"We will continue to strive to excel. We are single-minded in our purpose to serve our customers and link Sabah and Sarawak to the world," he said at a ceremony to celebrate MASwings' 250,000th passenger at the Kuching International Airport here recently.

Thanking the Sabah and Sarawak governments and the people for their support, he said: "Our achievement works out to MASwings carrying 2,000 passengers on 7,000 flights a day."

The 250,000th passenger was Nurfarizan Rosli from Bintulu, who had booked a ticket last week for the Kuching to Bintulu flight.

"I think it is excellent that MASwings appreciates frequent travellers like me and I feel honoured," said the Telekom Malaysia assistant manager, who received a complimentary ticket from Bintulu to Kota Kinabalu. State Urban Development and Tourism Minister Datuk Wong Soon Koh, who launched the celebration, said MASwings had helped to improve the tourism industry in Sarawak since commencing operations in October.

ENDS

Source : The Star

Date : 21 March 2008

hehehehe 2000 passengers on 7000 flights per day.

Thats like erm 0.2875 passenger per flight or 1 passengers for every 3 flights!

hahaha ...... 7000 flights per day :rofl: .....walter , 1 passenger for every 3 flight , tat is good figure :D :rofl:

Edited by Louis L.