MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
S V Choong

CX to let go of 3x A340-600

Source (ILFC): http://209.51.142.90/%7Eilfc01/viewArticle.php?id=168

CHINA HAINAN AIRLINES LEASES THREE (3) AIRBUS A340-600 AIRCRAFT FROM ILFC

Century City, CA, December 4, 2007 — International Lease Finance Corporation (ILFC), a wholly-owned subsidiary of American International Group, Inc. (NYSE: AIG), announced the lease placement of three (3) Airbus A340-600 aircraft to CHINA HAINAN AIRLINES.

CHINA HAINAN AIRLINES, based in Hainan, China, leased three (3) Airbus A340-600’s (ex. Cathay Pacific) from ILFC. The aircraft, MSN 475, 436, and 453, are equipped with Rolls Royce TRENT 556-61 engines and are scheduled to deliver in July, October, and December 2008, respectively. The lease terms are for 6 years each.

ILFC is the international market leader in the leasing and remarketing of advanced technology commercial jet aircraft to airlines around the world. ILFC owns a portfolio valued at more than $ 50 billion, consisting of more than 900 jet aircraft.

American International Group, Inc. (AIG), world leaders in insurance and financial services, is the leading international insurance organization with operations in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions. AIG companies serve commercial, institutional and individual customers through the most extensive worldwide property-casualty and life insurance networks of any insurer. In addition, AIG companies are leading providers of retirement services, financial services and asset management around the world. AIG\\\'s common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, as well as the stock exchanges in Paris, Switzerland and Tokyo.

Found this on A.net. Hainan airlines will take over the 3x A346. Catch them while you still can.

Edited by S V Choong

Any reason for that? Are they not happy with the A346?

I also see some threads on ANET saying that SQ gonna scrape their ultra long haul to the US.

Any reason for that? Are they not happy with the A346?

I also see some threads on ANET saying that SQ gonna scrape their ultra long haul to the US.

With the 77Ws, I don't think they need the A346s anymore. The A345s are going to become all business class seating later this year, and that will be used for their ULH routes.

There is a rumour that SQ is scrapping the SIN-EWR direct route due to poor load.

Yes, heard that CX has been unhappy with the A346 for a long long time.

i was flying LH a346 FRA-KIX recently, and to me it seemed a littlebit a mis-designed aircraft, at least in the LH edition. The toilets downstairs always have huge queues, and people queing up are blocking two small galleys where refreshments are prepared during the flight, which leads to a continuous pushing around etc....

and as I have been seated in the rear cabin, I could clearly feel a continous oscillating movement....never experienced that before on another airliner, neiter 747, 777 or a380.

Did anyone remembered somewhere last year, there was a major complaint (or was it just a rumours?) on A346 that the super extended fuselage has made the forward-half of the airplane is actually dragging down during flight. Probable cause are because of the equipment and big seats and other accessories for 1st and biz classes. And this has been a major fuel efficiency issue. I guess this might have been a part of the contributing reasons to CX decision... :unknw:

B-HQA and B-HQB have overweight problem that make CX very unhappy about the 346.

Moreover,the performance of this 2 birds is lower than expected.

This incident has caused CX afraid to become a launch airline of a new type of plane.

I've read that Air Asia X wants to take CX's 346's, anyone can confirm this?

three CX's 346 will go to China Hainan Airline in this year.

three CX's 346 will go to China Hainan Airline in this year.

That's what it says in post #1 here too; more interesting would be the destinations Hainan intends to use them :blink:

I've read that Air Asia X wants to take CX's 346's, anyone can confirm this?

The same rumour is circling around in A.Net as well. Probably A346s are easier to get than A343s so that D7 can launch its European service soon.

Sign in to follow this