MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Naim

Malaysia Airlines bashing ... too much lah

An afternote.OK lah, if some of you are so passionate about this issue, rather than talk-talk coffeeshop here, why not take some real action? Say, send a 3-man delegation to see Idris Jala? Call yourselves 'Coalition of Concerned Frens of MAS' or whatever and get somebody to fix a 30-min mtg with IJ. Maybe Capt Nik can help. Prepare all your points in ppt and in 15-min or so, show the man the slides, bang, bang, bang! Then discussion. As Nik says, face to face is always best, which I concur.

Funny you said this but do you serious think IJ & Co will entertain such "delegations" comprising disgruntled customers (where I'm coming from)? This morning, I seriously thought of buying some MH shares, and thus gaining a say on on few aspects of its service, by being a shareholder and a former loyal customer. The new BTP will probably be announced on 25-Feb or thereabouts, when the FY07 results are announced. (I'm monitoring the share price to see if timing is ok)There is supposed to be an investor day in March, which provides another channel to voice grouses. Maybe, investors will be invited to such events, and advise MH on how to spell "sandwic", amongst many things.

Edited by Mushrif A

Funny you said this but do you serious think IJ & Co will entertain such "delegations" comprising disgruntled customers (where I'm coming from)?

Yup, if brokered via the right channel.

QUOTE(Mushrif A @ Jan 24 2008, 12:20 PM)

Funny you said this but do you serious think IJ & Co will entertain such "delegations" comprising disgruntled customers (where I'm coming from)?

Yup, if brokered via the right channel.

And the contents better be groundbreaking-eyeopening-earthshatteringly sound otherwise the delegation may be peeled off layer by layer.

I'll be most happy if the delegation use me as a test. I'm just a small timer here hence not as sharp as those above me in MH. And If the Delegation can chew me up with ease, you can probably be ready for the next level. After all, my time is cheap, and this can be done over just a Teh Tarik.

If the Delegation is as good as percieved by themselves, it would not take more than 15 minutes to roll me over.

When and Where? I'm ready. Are You?

Great Federer-like slice lob there, sir, the ball is indeed deep in the other court. :D

QUOTE(Mushrif A @ Jan 24 2008, 12:20 PM)

And the contents better be groundbreaking-eyeopening-earthshatteringly sound otherwise the delegation may be peeled off layer by layer.

I'll be most happy if the delegation use me as a test. I'm just a small timer here hence not as sharp as those above me in MH. And If the Delegation can chew me up with ease, you can probably be ready for the next level. After all, my time is cheap, and this can be done over just a Teh Tarik.

If the Delegation is as good as percieved by themselves, it would not take more than 15 minutes to roll me over.

Fantastic sir! I agree with you, these "FRIENDS OF MAS" should meet you and you would be able to judge how good they are. As you mentioned, you would act as as a benchmark to see if they should meet IJ.

By the way, to the "Delegation", do not ever think that IJ and Co. are not willing to listen. As you can see, someone from the management here (Capt Nik) has already responded with such sharp professionalism, they are willing to listen, I should know this after personally being able to meet Mr. Jala, who I have a high degree of respect for everything he has done, for tea at his office last March.

Why few people bash Uzbekistan airline, Air China or Air Asia? Basically, most people have low expectation on them.

Believe Mas bashing becoming a sport because;

Mas marketing have lead people to have high expectation on Mas namely; ‘5 star airline’, ‘beyond expectation’, etc. Which Mas have failed to deliver if compared with SQ, CX, EK, etc.

Mas inflight service had declined in the last 30 years or so, whatever is offering onboard now was unimaginable in the past. Comparing with the past, current Mas is below par.

Mas itself like to compare with SQ and SQ is offering better products all round.

If Mas is more realistic with their marketing or image projection, I am sure there will be less bashing.

Captain Nik, please count me in for teh tarik session.

:drinks:

MAS just need to improve its service and not cost cutting only. Being a Malaysian, I was once proud with the oustanding service which had recorded Malaysian Hospitality in the word map but what we are seeing today is a diminishing service wthout much product inovation.

that is an interesting proposition. If i am in Malaysia, I would like to have that teh tarik meeting.

Has MAS been elevated to the 'maksum' status that we cannot bash it? I like the fact that people want us to go and talk to IJ&co - they don't care what is published in the papers and give rubbish replies by email. In short, they have decided what they want to do and will not budge from their position. I only need to give one example and that is their beloved sandwic that IJ & co love so much - 93% passenger satisfaction? Come on la. Gimme a break.

if constructive criticism is replied with sarcasm and sulking - what good is a 'high powered' meeting going to be...

What is the difference between bashing and criticising? Would Naim like to explain that to us?

lastly, if the top management of MH is 'sharp' - imagine what the SQ and EK people are like. Wah lau.

I don't have a lot to bash about MH, except the time the FA recommend me an alcoholic drink during the 30 minutes delay and the time when one of the overhead compartment collapse over the seat in front of me.

Most the time, I fly MH for free. It's only a few flight which I pay myself since it's personal reason but still only just pay half price. One reason why I never been on AK.

Azuddin

Edited by Azuddin

My sign of protest is that I've quit flying MH and its subsidiary airlines starting Jan 2008.

They make an 'offer' with their fare, I don't agree with the asking fare because to me it does not commensurate with the brand promise, and I don't buy the ticket...therefore no contract entered into.

I go my way, MH go theirs. I fly other airlines and MH will find another passenger to replace me for the seat which I was offered.

Both parties end up happy. Selamat Terbang :)

What is the difference between bashing and criticising? Would Naim like to explain that to us?

You sounded like a smart bloke. Go figure yourself.

I don't see this issue is leading to a correct path. :nea:

Yes, it might be true to claim (based on the management responses and the limited "facts" that you guys gather from your own sources) that this "beloved" airline is plunging downward. All I can see is that almost everyone wants to claim that they are patriotic and concern enough about its current status. That is funny! :huh:

But come on. It must be a limit on those bashing and criticizing (whatever you want to call it). There is no point of projecting your anger and dissatisfaction by insulting others. You guys are well-educated Malaysians living all over the world; engineers, lecturers, pilots, economists, students etc, but the way you discuss this matter does not show your true "Malaysian Hospitality" and how unprofessional the reaction is despite being educated. Some of you might feel your loyalty is betrayed, so just move on. Don't use Malaysia Airlines anymore until their service is up (and beyond) your expectations if you are still interested to use them. Go and use your money to get the "5 star airline with 5 star cost" airline and enjoy the wide seat with wide screen to yourself. Those who "stubborn" and "xmakan saman", enjoy your ride with snack box and old cushion with tiny screen (if you lucky to have one).

The main idea is your expectation and value for money should match with what your airline has to offer. Personally, price is still the core factor when buying a ticket. If you think you deserve more, than why care about this cheap airline. I don't care either.

This is like a circus. Keep the bashing (and critics) coming and see what you gain to yourself.

p/s: just my 2 pennies opinion thou.. ;)

Edited by Mohamad Othman

Still flying MH out/to KUL..........their service always good to me, except once, which is not even a big deal, can't wait to fly them again next week :drinks:

Edited by Seth K

Like proton, mas management believe they know the business best, the company is invincible and customers will accept whatever they dish out. If customers don’t like what mas is offering, there are choices out there AK, SQ, EK, CX, TG, etc.

Like proton, mas management believe they know the business best, the company is invincible and customers will accept whatever they dish out. If customers don’t like what mas is offering, there are choices out there AK, SQ, EK, CX, TG, etc.

MH is invincible, I agree. Being the National Airline, it cannot and must not fail irregardless of who leads it.

The Management is not. They CAN be booted out quite easily. The Airline and the Management is not quite the same thing. If the current Management is booted out, and new Management steps in, MH will still run. Whether better or worse I can't say.

So its prudent to arrange the words properly when criticising because as posted by Dr Naim, there is indeed a fine line between constructive criticism and plain bashing.

In this and any forum, everyone gets an equal chance to post, and grand schemes can come from a 17 year old (whose only income comes from parents and has yet to pay a single cent of tax) about Airline Management to professionals like Engineers and Doctors. Its surprising how alike the suggestions can be.

Anyway, about my offer;

a. Head of Charter Job : ZERO application with 6 days to go.

b. Teh Tarik MH Bashing/Constructive Criticism Session : Only Izanee so far although with him being in UK I see that happening only when he comes back.

Teh Tarik can be fixed on the following days

a. Wednesdays - coincide with my weekly TT sesion with my Superbike friends

b. Fridays - coincide with my weekly Two Seater Car Buddies.

Both venues PJ.

Still waiting.

Naim - I cannot thank you enough for starting this thread and sparking debate on this issue.

To me airlines are like the TV - if you don't like it turn it off, ie choose another carrier. Stop whinging and move on... pick a carrier that suits your needs. Whilst I am no MH flyer myself for other reasons - as a consumer that's the philosophy I take with every airline (eg early last year with SQ). It just baffles me how many people out there complain about a certain airline incessantly, yet remain flying with that airline - if that isn't masochism I don't know what is.

RE criticism vs bashing - there is no difference. However criticism can be constructive, or it can also just be baseless, snipey and clearly unproductive. As mentioned by several posters above, there is a very fine line.

Edited by Keith T

MH is invincible, I agree. Being the National Airline, it cannot and must not fail irregardless of who leads it

Oh dear :( I sincerely hope that at the personal level (at least), you do not fully subscribe to that notion

to be honest with you - this is an internet forum. Anyone can post whatever they like except for sensitive issues such as race and religion.... just don't dictate what should be posted and what shouldn't be. We all have our own opinions and ideas.

And not everyone can fly business class whenever they want to. If i pay good money, I expect good services.

Wouldn't you?

Edited by Izanee

And not everyone can fly business class whenever they want to. If i pay good money, I expect good services.

I am not sure how you read what I, or anyone, posted above, and what business class travel has anything to do with the topic. The last I checked MH isn't the only carrier offering Economy Class. And yes I do totally agree with the 2nd sentence. All I was saying is - fly the carrier on which you'd feel you'd get your money's worth, regardless of class of travel. I don't know how much clearer I need to be - you are a consumer, you have a choice, and if you don't like a particular product pick another one. Vote with your wallet - by far the best way of effecting change in corporates. This is applied whether you're flying First, Business, Premium Economy or Economy. Or whether it's air travel or other forms of services/products.

If you live somewhere serviced exclusively by MH, then you might be able to argue otherwise, but statistically I think that only applies to a small minority here.

Edited by Keith T

Oh dear :( I sincerely hope that at the personal level (at least), you do not fully subscribe to that notion
Its a realistic view I'm stating after almost 30 years here. And don' confuse a realistic observation as a personal conviction.Still no one for a face to face? TT will be on me. I've got a good venue...kayu Nasi Kandar Aman Suria PJ next Friday after 9pm.

to be honest with you - this is an internet forum. Anyone can post whatever they like except for sensitive issues such as race and religion.... just don't dictate what should be posted and what shouldn't be. We all have our own opinions and ideas.

I guess it is just like the "sensitive" issues of race and religion, there are people here who work for MAS, wouldn't it be a sensitive issue for them?

Its a realistic view I'm stating after almost 30 years here. And don' confuse a realistic observation as a personal conviction

Point taken :)

Surely you jest, my learned fren. This is a fallacy. Surely you don't like ppl to insult your mom here, for example? :)

Its a realistic view I'm stating after almost 30 years here. And don' confuse a realistic observation as a personal conviction.Still no one for a face to face? TT will be on me. I've got a good venue...kayu Nasi Kandar Aman Suria PJ next Friday after 9pm.

What? Still no takers, after all the brouhaha? Maybe your slice lob was too much, but hey Federer is out. Tsonga is the rage now, tho' I'd prefer to watch the Maria/Ana show today - see this THREAD.:D

OK, direction to Nasi Kandar Aman Suria.

amansuriarp7.jpg

Edited by Naim

MH overall service is deteriorating. Not to mention that the national airline is charging a premium fares over world's major reputable airlines, take for example SQ. which offers better product as well as service. Either MH isnt really cost effective or either they are simply hunger for profit will seems to be the main factor behind such deterioration. It is the fact that we are facing nowadays....I really dont mind if the complaints are constructive and mean for improvement. This is a free forum and as as long as it doesnt touch on the senstive issues..i dont see there's a problem for that.

Still no one for a face to face? TT will be on me. I've got a good venue...kayu Nasi Kandar Aman Suria PJ next Friday after 9pm.

I would love to be a spectator to this wonderful discussion :)