MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Cornelis Boersma

The country of pizzas

Hey friends, here my small report from Italy! ENJOY!

I flew EasyJet A319 from and to Amsterdam. These 2 shots I took with my mobile phone.

EZY2.jpg

EZY.jpg

Aircraft I wanted to have most was the TAM MD11 as MD11 are getting rare nowadays, sure when it comes to pax flights. I can only come up with KLM, Finnair, TAM and Air Namibia (and perhaps World Airways miliairy charters from USA?) First machine I made after I got out of the terminal... :yahoo:

TAM1.jpg

TAM2.jpg

Shots taken from the side of RWY 35R, seen on A.net a lot show the snowy mountains. I havent been at this spot but here my snow topping mountains!

MXP9D.jpg

AF A318

MXP4F.jpg

IR A310

MXP3B.jpg

Luxair NC

MXP2C.jpg

AZ Old and New Colors

MXP1D.jpg

AZ MD11/772/763/M82/Regional

MXP4B.jpg

MXP4A.jpg

MXP2H.jpg

MXP1F.jpg

MXP2.jpg

RAM 752

MXP2G.jpg

The 2nd day we started our engines at 5AM, took the hotels shuttlebus to the airport and took our place behind the windows in the terminal.

Some nightshots.

MXP5B.jpg

MXP5C.jpg

MXP5D.jpg

MXP5E.jpg

As you can see on the SIA shots "PH-FOG" is arriving at the airport. Goodbye day of spotting :(

So we had to do something else, our flight back to Amsterdam was leaving 12 hours later that day!

Me trowing pizza to my friend and photographer.

pi1.jpg

pi2.jpg

Trying to send the fog away here, but how many red cards I gave... it didnt helped unfotunately :(

fog.jpg

Next trip: Asia 2008!

Kind regards,

Edited by Cornelis Boersma

NIce picture bro.. err.. can i have one slice of that pizza??? hehehehe...

Edited by Meor

Cornelis, thanks for the shots from Milan. Have fond memories of that airport always, even if it is only two flights I have done there. Was about to asked you how come weather was so fine for your initial spotting pictures. As I hear from my colleagues, all flights into Europe have been on Cat II/III recently. Alas.....comes the red card.....cheers See you in AMS when opportunity comes along. Thanks you.

Cornelis,

Nice shots, especially the 2nd TAM MD11 !!!

Didn't think much of the new colours on the AZ Mad Dogs, but seeing the difference now in one shot, it definitely looks better (but not on the MD-11)...

Enjoy your AY MD-11 ;)

Cornelis had inspired me to go to Malpensa, so decided to take an Easyjet flight down there and back for 60.48 Euros (not a bad fare at all for 3 hours flyingtime)...

Weather was extremely bad (heavy rain at times and dull- and dark conditions), so excuse the quality of the pictures; moreover, taken by my S304 i.s.o. D50 :pardon:

First timer for me was this Airbus A340 of CAAC; was very pleased to see this one :yahoo:

MXP22may2008015.jpg

Not seen often at Amsterdam (if at all) are these Airbus A319's of Iberia:

MXP22may2008021.jpg

These colours are very similar to the TUI-group, except it's green and red (Marocco based colours):

MXP22may2008028.jpg

Brasilian colours (green/yellow) are lining the winglets and tail of TAM "the magic red carpet":

MXP22may2008031.jpg

always wondered how cute a MD-11 was from the rear, Imran ? :pardon:

MXP22may2008033.jpg

there she goes, no doubt to sunnier climes ;)

MXP22may2008034.jpg

Was this you, LeeCH ? :huh:

MXP22may2008036.jpg

Ofcourse, I went to MXP to see different Italian airlines; Blue Panorama looks real neat with these blue noses and butts:

MXP22may2008039.jpg

Another great looking Linee Aeree Italiane is this LCC - Volareweb:

MXP22may2008048.jpg

Air One just introduced non-stop flights from MXP to both BOS and ORD (in competition with Alitalia):

MXP22may2008057.jpg

more to follow... :pardon:

Fantastic pictures gentlemen,

Enjoyed viewing every single one of them!

Pieter, you really know how to tease me with that wonderful TAM MD-11...sigh...i MUST fly one someday! :D

I think this is the first time i've seen the Air China A340 photo.Check the Star Alliance sticker at the door.This photo is good,although poor weather condition.

Thanks for sharing your photos,Uncle Pieter.Hope to see more :drinks:

Check the Star Alliance sticker at the door. Hope to see more.

Eagle eyes, Tamizi :good:

and.......more you'll see; enjoy :pardon:

Quite a colourful livery is the one of the Estonian national airline, inwhich SAS has a minor stake too:

MXP22may2008060.jpg

AirAlps were very frequent visitors before in AMS, even in KLM colours, operating from INN and SZG, before an Italian businessman took-over control of the airline :blink: The Do328 is a nice little devil in this livery :pardon:

MXP22may2008066.jpg

Apparently AZ still has some money left to re-paint their Mad-Dogs in a new livery :blink: You prefer this one or the 'old' one ? :huh:

MXP22may2008078.jpg

No doubt, this 'vacume-cleaner' was operating for Lufthansa, but I prefer these colours a lot better ;)

MXP22may2008073.jpg

This MD11-freighter is being towed to the engine-testrun area after some maintenance:

MXP22may2008074.jpg

Taken from seat 4A on the way back to AMS, so excuse the blurry picture (bumpy taxiway) of this Eurofly A330:

MXP22may2008084.jpg

Parked next to Eurofly was this sister with orange nose:

MXP22may2008085.jpg

Itali Mad-Dog looks like a cow in this livery, but they're supposed to be clouds :blink:

MXP22may2008088.jpg

First, I thought I saw a Qantas DC-10, but upon better scrutiny, it was a CargoItalia one (taken during take-off roll):

MXP22may2008089.jpg

Wow,Malpensa looks more lively :lol:

I'm a bit curious about Alitalia callsign,the AZ.Does it mean Azzuri?