MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
S V Choong

MAS in-flight menu....

wow, so you're preety senior huh?

where is your upcoming trip, do take pictures if possible, job as a steward, the galleys and stuff.

Nicholas,

Any MH016/017 flights upcoming ?: we could meet and, if you like, can show you around SPL...

Hello,

Just an update. Hope you guys don't mind. biggrin.gif

Child Meal Box Set (at least for narrowbody flight ex-kul, maybe nicholas can confirm for widebody flight biggrin.gif )

- Now come in paper box instead of plastic box

- 3 nicely design/colour; red, blue and yellow

- Each colour represent different type of MAS widebody a/c. Namely B747-400, B777-200 and A330 series

- After meal, children can cut (pre cut already) the paper box to make their personal paper cut aeroplane (B747-400, B777-200 and A330 series) to play with biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

- Better then the plastic box

- This is what i called "form follows function for functionalism". rules of Bauhaus laugh.gif biggrin.gif

Playing Card

- no stock.

- no uplifts.

Why?

Cost cutting.

Thanks,

Fai.

Playing Card

- no stock.

- no uplifts.

What...?!?! Does that mean MAS isn't going to stock any poker card decks anymore...??? blink.gif Or is that some other children playcards?

waaaa, i'll ask...

What are the chances of them loading it inflight? dont children meals need to be requested... some parents dont bother to order as they kid eat whatever there is on board.

CHML (Child Meal) on request basis only made by their parents. Whereas YPTA (Young Passenger Traveling Alone) and UM (Unaccompanied Minor) automatically entitle for the CHML. A wise ticketing officer will make a request on behalf of his/her/our little passenger. smile.gif

I don't understand, why MAS doesn't allow their ticketing officer (who is interested in joining the cabin crew dept) to "switch" their job. Their knowledge (ticketing code and etc) is valuable especially when handling difficult F or C Class passenger (upgraded/restriction/etc case) trying to fool us. I'm still learning the secret code of ticketing from my ticketing friends.

Yes, playing card = poker card deck.

Just to make things clear,

Playing cards and peanuts are not the standard items/uplift for economy class on narrow body flight. However on Airbus flight peanuts are standard item/uplift. Plus limited quantity of playing cards available onboard.

Normally, when economy class passenger asks for these items on board narrow body flight, we will manage to get some from GCC. Basically, GCC pax gets the priority lah abis cerita (to end the story)... smile.gif

Walter,

The chances, ermmm, not sure. But from my own experience. About 90% of the meal service flight I did to date got chml. Maybe now is the good time, school holiday kan. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Edited by M N Fairizuan

I don't understand, why MAS doesn't allow their ticketing officer (who is interested in joining the cabin crew dept) to "switch" their job. Their knowledge (ticketing code and etc) is valuable especially when handling difficult F or C Class passenger (upgraded/restriction/etc case) trying to fool us. I'm still learning the secret code of ticketing from my ticketing friends.

19538[/snapback]

Fool you ??

Playing cards and peanuts are not the standard items/uplift for economy class on narrow body flight. However on Airbus flight peanuts are standard item/uplift. Plus limited quantity of playing cards available onboard.

On my flight back to Auckland early November 2005. I asked for playing cards to kill sometime in a 10 hours long flight. The crew told us that MAS have not prepared the cards for that flight and that they don't have any at all! It was a widebody Boeing 747-400 as well. I seriously think that flight was my worse MAS international flight ever. But fortunately the a/c is very new......9M-MPQ delivered a few years ago.

Fairizuan,

Just adore your new Avatar "Just wanna be your friend" wink.gif

(just wonder which airline uses the swan in their ads laugh.gif )

These cost-cutting measures have touched quite a few things on the passenger / customer side. If it goes on, there will be left only skeletal remains of what little MAS passangers are used to and may backfire on the airline. What comes with the 'premium' passengers pay for when they fly on MAS.

While it can be appreciated that they are cutting cost, I think removing too much of the little comforts from the very people who are helping to prop up MAS by flying with them, should be the very last resort.

CHML (Child Meal) on request basis only made by their parents. Whereas YPTA (Young Passenger Traveling Alone) and UM (Unaccompanied Minor) automatically entitle for the CHML. A wise ticketing officer will make a request on behalf of his/her/our little passenger. smile.gif

Normally, when economy class passenger asks for these items on board narrow body flight, we will manage to get some from GCC. Basically, GCC pax gets the priority lah abis cerita (to end the story)... smile.gif

Walter,

The chances, ermmm, not sure. But from my own experience. About 90% of the meal service flight I did to date got chml. Maybe now is the good time, school holiday kan. biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

19538[/snapback]

not true......i was a ticketing officer for 7years before i joined cabin crew..now flying for more that 12years..

The 'Cadbury' theme is actually "Wouldn't it be nice" by the beach boys but redone by Trio Rococo. Its really nice. Anyone want it?

Andrew if you still have any of the boarding music can you please give it to me? my email.. mp4_18sna@yahoo.com

playing cards is no longer produced or distributed, at least that's what the flight attendant told me on the recent MEL-KUL flight. then the inflight menu also not distributed but shown on the TV to save cost... btw, i took economy class

playing cards is no longer produced or distributed, at least that's what the flight attendant told me on the recent MEL-KUL flight. then the inflight menu also not distributed but shown on the TV to save cost... btw, i took economy class

I do remember that they gave cards like 4 years ago, but my recent flight, the card is on sale in the temptation in flight magazine, which I did purchased one =@

Edited by Seth K

I think displaying the menu on the PTV is a good idea, that would be so much better. Plus some passengers would need to know exactly how the dish is prepared. Beef or chicken option is just isn't detailed enough.

But seriously...how much will it save lah... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Edited by Edwin P K

I think displaying the menu on the PTV is a good idea, that would be so much better. Plus some passengers would need to know exactly how the dish is prepared. Beef or chicken option is just isn't detailed enough.

But seriously...how much will it save lah... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

The display manu on the PTV is just few line of words discribe what they serve. Not display the pcitures of the food that they going to serve in the flight.

The display manu on the PTV is just few line of words discribe what they serve. Not display the pcitures of the food that they going to serve in the flight.

Isn't a few line of words to describe how the dish is prepared, enough? Printed menus don't have pictures of the food also right! not even first class

Honestly speaking I don't care whether they provide paper menu or PTV menu, the most important thing is the food itself.

Sign in to follow this