MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
S V Choong

MAS in-flight menu....

actually i agree..the GOING PLACES mag now feels better....anyway...regarding the so called 'downgrade in services' some of you are complaining about...dont worry..its only temporary..i think we shld be more supportive..for a short while..let them recover a lil..and then things will be back to normal...however i disagree on cutting down on the portion of the main meal..some pax have been complaining bout tht..

Fairuzuan's input has been most valuable for MAS collectors like me. Thanks a lot Fairizuan! By the way I have also met many FAs who are kind and obliging whenever I request for little things like peanuts or anthing with the MAS logo as a momento of my flights. At least now I know their constraints if they say they don't have any.

Imran, yes I agree that the peanuts are delicious. Somehow I can't find an equivalent from the shops, especially like the discontinued ones in aluminium foil wrapper.

A tip from the FA is that do request for certain items before landing, as by then, some of the compartments where they keep the items in the galley are sealed.

guess that we wont see the 'jambu air' menu on international flight anymore.. sad.gif

Menus are important as one would know what kind of food and drinks available and offered.

Why not integrate them interactively within the PTV - AVOD .....or whatever PTV system available.

Would not cost much and ..... the airline can change the menu more regularly ( and even let the cabin crew to update during flight, once any food / drinks is out of stock or finished), no need to worry over extra weight and pax. keeping them for "momentos".

..... to expand further.... Temptations (inflight duty free) brouchers / catalogue can be done on a similar arrangement.

but not safety cards and inflight magazines.

I'm sure if such move is taken, MH would truly be a very innovative 5 star airline.

yeah, if they are going to make it digital, make it nice like add pictures about the meal, don't exxagorate the illustration or you'll see passenger comparing theirs to the tv

=D

according to my sources ..digital menues are not possible..coz the ac flies to many destinations..different ones...and with the new IFE system...the crew do not play tapes or cd like the old ones..instead the entire system is downloaded into the aircraft once in a month....and the process takes more than 3 hrs to complete....

Air Mauritius at http://www.airmauritius.com incorporates its menu in pdf. in its website. See this link: http://www.airmauritius.com/products/Menu/Menu.htm Very detailed and covers every sector in every class. Now that's innovation!

I think MAS can make it digitally if they want to, either posting them in its website or through the IFE system.

"Jambu Air" (Guava Juice) for GCC still got biggrin.gif

On the side note, the Deepavali & Hari Raya Boarding Music is to be played on the A330-300/B737 fleets from 26 Oct to 14 Nov 2005.

For B777-200, B747-400P & A330-200 fleets. There are 4 different selections of boarding music for the abv fleets which will be programmed by MAS Engineer.

For Deepavali & Hari Raya Boarding Music, Engineering will programme it as flws:

- Track 1 - Boarding 1

- Track 2 - Deepavali & Hari Raya Boarding Music

- Track 3 - Boarding 3

- Track 4 - Boarding 4

After the above period, the boarding music will be programmed back to normal as follows :

- Track 1 - Baording 1

- Track 2 - Boarding 2

- Track 3 - Boarding 3

- Track 4 - Boarding 4

Thanks.

"Jambu Air" (Guava Juice) for GCC still got biggrin.gif

On the side note, the Deepavali & Hari Raya Boarding Music is to be played on the A330-300/B737 fleets from 26 Oct to 14 Nov 2005.

For B777-200, B747-400P & A330-200 fleets. There are 4 different selections of boarding music for the abv fleets which will be programmed by MAS Engineer.

For Deepavali & Hari Raya Boarding Music, Engineering will programme it as flws:

- Track 1 - Boarding 1

- Track 2 - Deepavali & Hari Raya Boarding Music

- Track 3 - Boarding 3

- Track 4 - Boarding 4

After the above period, the boarding music will be programmed back to normal as follows :

- Track 1 - Baording 1

- Track 2 - Boarding 2

- Track 3 - Boarding 3

- Track 4 - Boarding 4

Thanks.

11785[/snapback]

Didn't realise that they have a fixed selection of Boarding Music.

Are they available for download somewhere ?

yea, im curius too. MH do have very good instrumental boarding songs, and also the song they play when approach and to landing is nice as well. Anyone know the name?

Few that I know:

- "Take My Breath Away" - Berlin/Top Gun Soundtrack

- "Change The World" - Eric Clapton

- "Cadbury (as we called it onboard) biggrin.gif " - from Cadbury TVC Theme

- and few more. Mostly world music.

thanks Fairiuzuan. Your existance in the forum is really valuable to use, especially that you have insights about passenger services of the airline. Mind me asking, what are you working as actually in the Airline Industry?

Thanks Walter. biggrin.gif

I am a cabin crew, as a D-Fleet/Narrow Body local flight steward to be exact (Operating 2 types of a/c - B734 and A330). Requested to join local Q-Fleet crew (Operating 3 types of a/c B734,B738/A320 and A330) so no need to join the WB Conversion class scheduled for coming months (B744, B772, A330/A380) tongue.gif

I hope to see you and any members of MyWings.com onboard my flight biggrin.gif

Anyway, we can only operate a maximum of 3 types of aircraft per one year SEP license. With the arrival of A380 soon, wide body crew (except for supervisory crew) will no longer operates the A330 series. mad.gif mad.gif biggrin.gif mad.gif That's the latest rumours from Malaysia Airlines Academy & CCTS.

ohh! steward rupanya..

i'll keep an eye for name tags of cabin crew in the future. I would like to ask if those plastic plane kits are still available to be ask for. Few years ago, i received 2 MH777 as a souvenir during my flight to Beijing. Are they still requestable perhaps international if not domestic. Thanks!

blink.gif waooo got steward here.. want to be this one too.. hahahaha it cool huh... lot of stewardess up there cool.. tongue.gif Aku ingat hang painter ker graphic designer kaaa.. i have see your great art work on this site mod. airliners photo website rupa rupanya pramugara.... wink.gif

P.S : post some gambar pramugari here can... hehehehe

Edited by Ibrahim

wah, the skyteam livery not bad man~

im yet to see MH joining any alliances..

Yeah the skyteam livery is nice.....also the fourth pic, that livery looks very nice on a 332

Yeah the skyteam livery is nice.....also the fourth pic, that livery looks very nice on a 332

Agree with you here: that A332 at LHR looks awesome: wish they all would be painted like that smile.gif

Thanks Walter. biggrin.gif

I am a cabin crew, as a D-Fleet/Narrow Body local flight steward to be exact (Operating 2 types of a/c - B734 and A330). Requested to join local Q-Fleet crew (Operating 3 types of a/c B734,B738/A320 and A330) so no need to join the WB Conversion class scheduled for coming months (B744, B772, A330/A380) tongue.gif

I hope to see you and any members of MyWings.com onboard my flight biggrin.gif

Anyway, we can only operate a maximum of 3 types of aircraft per one year SEP license. With the arrival of A380 soon, wide body crew (except for supervisory crew) will no longer operates the A330 series.  mad.gif  mad.gif  biggrin.gif  mad.gif That's the latest rumours from Malaysia Airlines Academy & CCTS.

11804[/snapback]

I see, nice to know that we have a cabin crew amongst us all here. How long have you been working with MH ?

Look forward to seeing you onboard one of my flights in future. For B734 flights on MH, the most regularly flown route for me would be IPH - KUL. I suppose, you hardly get rostered on that flight.

Walter,

children giveaway - normally 16 units per flight ex-kul. But then again, depends on the sector, stock, and uplift from the catering/inflight services.

plastic plane - I am not sure. Never saw one onboard my long haul A330 series flights to date. blink.gif

Sing Yew,

I've been working for MAS for less than a year now. biggrin.gif We hardly get rostered for IPH and BWN sectors.

I did my first and only IPH flight to date, back in July and BWN last month but never night stop in KBR sad.gif

Edited by M N Fairizuan

I've been working for MAS for less than a year now. biggrin.gif  We hardly get rostered for IPH and BWN sectors.

I did my first and only IPH flight to date, back in July and BWN last month but never night stop in KBR sad.gif

How regular are you flying the KUL-BKI-KUL sector, and any nightstops involved there (so we could meet some day) ???

Pieter,

At the moment, regularly, after many months of nightstop in West Malaysia stations. Just came back from 5 days trip BKI/KCH. For now, BKI/KCH/MYY are my second home. biggrin.gif

My next BKI night stop:-

18 NOV - MYY/KUL/LBU/BKI - STA 2220

19 NOV - BKI/SIN/BKI - STA 1935

20 NOV - BKI/HKG/BKI - STA 1835

Yea we could meet some day. biggrin.gif

Edited by M N Fairizuan

Sign in to follow this