MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Ewan Shamsudin

Welcoming Hotel-Golf

yo yo yo.... some more ramp shots from our "Active BKI Spotter Group"...... :yahoo: :yahoo: did some teeth of someone drop off? :rofl: <_>

Today, once again Malaysian Wings was given the opportunity to make full coverage for the 1st Airbus in Kota Kinabalu Hub. I and Ewan finally got our passes after several days waiting. Millions thanks to Datuk TF, Wilfred, Joyce and many Air Asia staffs to make this event happening. Not to forget our BKI taiko Sam making the coverage also but from different point of view. Thank you taiko…

Okay.. Lets start... :clapping:

WELCOME RECEPTION FOR 1st AIRBUS A320

AIRASIA KOTA KINABALU HUB

JANUARY 20, 2008

Venue: Kota Kinabalu Low Cost Carrier Terminal

12:20 am Arrival of Media

12:40 pm Arrival of:

YBhg Datuk Irene Benggon Charuruks ; General Manager of Sabah Tourism Board

YM Tengku Datuk Dr Zainal Adlin; Chairman of Sabah Tourism Board

12:50 pm Arrival of AK5122 (KUL – BKI)

Welcome with water canon

YM Tengku Datuk Dr Zainal Adlin and YBhg Datuk Irene Benggon Charuruks to receive passengers of AK5122 with garland and culture dance troupe

Photo Opportunity

13:10 pm Cake Cutting Ceremony at KK LCCT Concourse

13:15 pm Tea session: AirAsia, Guests of Honor with media

13:30 pm End

We arrive at the T2 around 12pm. Manage to snap few picture like this.. hehehe.. our model of the day.... :rofl:

dsc8438ud5.jpg

After register at the MAB counter and pickup our passes, We quickly help ourselves to the restricted side of the airport, whereby usually cameras are not allowed. But this time we can snap easily. The ground staffs also sporting :drinks: .

dsc8440qf5.jpg

This aircraft ready for pushback. I can’t remember the destination.

dsc8442cd6.jpg

Our guest of honour, YM Tengku Datuk Dr Zainal Adlin (center), Joyce AK's Strong Woman(right), left err...err... i dont know.. sorry.. only YM Tengku attend today.

dsc8471gd2.jpg

Emm.. this guy look familiar....

dsc8474wf1.jpg

Our star of the day... sorry.. only kit lens today...

dsc8476xh3.jpg

To be continued by Taiko Sam.......

thanks Meor. :)

when i reach Flying club there, this fellow already there, and ATC busy communicating with ground staff regarding the arrangement in Malay, ie, the water canon.

DSC_0145.jpg

Chan and me failed to get approval to enter the Flying club, and too late for us to choose other place spot as SHE ALREADY LANDED! :angry:

Asian Express 5122 backtrack vacate via Bravo contact ground one-two-one-decimal-six......

Asian Express 5122.

DSC_0153.jpg

shinning... 8)

DSC_0168.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

but this fellow still S.S. on the ramp. ;)

DSC_0180.jpg

habis kerja. balik balai Bomba Lapangan Terbang. (work done. back to the Airport Fire station)

DSC_0185.jpg

em, new truck eh... Serial Alpha Alpha xxx Foxtrot.

to be continue by Meor and Ewan. :)

Edited by Samuel Chy

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! MAB MAB, damn joker, u cannot even man your own fire truck!! what more an airport!!

Hahahahaha!!! Now I see how funny was that! The fire engine are just too far away and on the opposite direction! Well, this is MAB style! Haha!!! Thanks for sharing!

Herm, let see my version. Hoho!Fire engine getting ready

1-1.jpg

Testing testing

2.jpg

Hush! Well from this angle, at least it can make us feel like the water get the a/c wet. :pardon: 3.jpg

Last but not least

4.jpg

This is the first time (I THINK) BKI airport has such ceremony, so bear with them lor... Anyway, next time please be logic... Shotting at different direction is simply funny, and chasing like a dog is crazy... Hehe...

Edited by Chan CS

Wah, you were there too, Chan???

Haiyaaa, why didn't you join us at the Terminal after that?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!! MAB MAB, damn joker, u cannot even man your own fire truck!! what more an airport!!

DITTO

maybe the fire truck driver got the wrong "NOTAM" that A380 coming in.... so they decide to keep A distance.... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hahaha, damn joker AFRS water cannon there...!!!! VERY VERY COMICAL!!!!! You should have published it in the papers ehhehehe.... Title, "A Water Salute gone wrong!!!" They should have two fire trucks on each end of the taxiway and blow their H2O's when the bus taxis past... Hilarious man... Man.. I hadn't laugh the whole day, until looking at this funny incident!!! Love it bro's... keep the pictures coming... and MAB.. common lah... who's the director of this film??? :rofl:

Hahaha, damn joker AFRS water cannon there...!!!! VERY VERY COMICAL!!!!! You should have published it in the papers ehhehehe.... Title, "A Water Salute gone wrong!!!" They should have two fire trucks on each end of the taxiway and blow their H2O's when the bus taxis past... Hilarious man... Man.. I hadn't laugh the whole day, until looking at this funny incident!!! Love it bro's... keep the pictures coming... and MAB.. common lah... who's the director of this film??? :rofl:

wash taxi-way... :rofl: :p

Wah, you were there too, Chan???

Haiyaaa, why didn't you join us at the Terminal after that?

Sorry, someone was with me today so I was not able to join you all... :pardon:

Let’s continue…

Engine cut off, ladder in position and passengers start to disembark from the plane. Take you position please!!!!

dsc8488uv9.jpg

Greeted by YM Tengku Zainal Adlin.

dsc8489cf0.jpg

The Band... Playing gong.. hehehe..

dsc8495ba3.jpg

Happy passenger. "Wah... so nice ah... what celebration ah?"

dsc8499vm3.jpg

Inside the aircraft.

dsc8515qk4.jpg

Ewan, please continue yours... :clapping:

Great coverage there guys :good:

I did saw Hotel Golf around 1400hrs at LCCT-KLIA(enroute for me going to the MTB to catch SKB)yesterday but didnt realise that it has the"1st Airbus in Kota Kinabalu" sticker on it.

So, congrats to BKI for getting a brand new airbus for its hub.

Now,when will KCH get its"1st Airbus in Kuching" aircraft??

Im sure Iggy will be the 1st person to approach the security counter to get his pass for the welcoming event. :lol:

And i do hope that the KCH AFRS will practice their water cannon shot properly for that event... :rofl:

Edited by rayner

Meor, it was double Captain for that flight?

Ya la Meor... who's the captain?? Hehehheheh.... ;-)

Cikgu,

Thanks for that hilarious sequence of the water canon salute gone awry ! :good:

Had a good laugh

Then reality struck - those are the guys entrusted with duty of putting out fire should there be an incident at BKI ? And they can't aim and shoot even though the event was orchestrated ? What more in kelam kabut scenario of a real emergency ?

I'm now worried

keep them coming braders. :drinks: but frankly, i still cannot get over with that 'phenomenally stupid' fire truck....... :pardon:

Here's coverage from us from the Penisular!

DSC_1870AHG.jpg

(Very CNY feel, so red)

a job well done there in BKI for Mwings spotters. :clapping: :drinks:

as for the 'supposed to be water cannon salute' thing, well, it was... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: AFRS really make a big mess of it and a big :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: for all to see.

Sign in to follow this