MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Nik H.

MasCharters Flies F1 Teams again.

Part One of Two

MasCharters has sealed another Charter deal and for the third year running MasCharters will be flying a number of team members for F1 coming into and out of KUL for the Malaysian round.

Last year MasCharters flew members of 7 teams using a B747 and an A330. That's half the F1 Grid. There were also 6 drivers on board who chose MasCharters over Private Jets or other airlines.

This thread is worthless without pics......so here goes.

The Counter

post20070409Ferrari037.jpg

We arranged for Tourism Malaysia to add some color to the send off ceremony

p20070409Ferrari124.jpg

Scott Speed boarding

p20070409Ferrari147.jpg

Jarno Trulli

p20070409Ferrari157.jpg

p20070409Ferrari304.jpg

p20070409Ferrari094.jpg

settling in

p20070409Ferrari159.jpg

preparing for service

p20070409Ferrari190.jpg

the menu

p20070409Ferrari217.jpg

p20070409Ferrari236.jpg

Part One of Two.

Edited by Nik H.

Coming soon will be the MasCharters and Manchester United Asia Tour story. Both the 2007 and 2007 Tours.

But that will have to wait.

Here's a sample;

Signing Ceremony in HKG

MufcAT002.jpg

Some News Reports....

Mufc.jpg

Awesome photos. To be chosen to fly the F1 team, Man Utd are just clear recognitions of how good MH charter service is. Can't wait for more photos.

p/s: my fav pic would have to be those FAs :)

Congratulations, Capt Nik. Jobs well done, business-wise as well as picture-wise.

I saw the MPM has a small little sticker of MU near the Door 1. It was parking at the remote bay yesterday.

Part 2 of 2

The Relaxed atmosphere on board.....

p20070409Ferrari179.jpg

Chacking out Racs Data

p20070409Ferrari244.jpg

p20070409Ferrari210.jpg

Birthday Party at FL370

p20070409Ferrari254.jpg

yam seng in the galley

p20070409Ferrari258.jpg

Complimentary from MasCharters to the 2nd most important F1 man after Bernie

p20070409Ferrari272.jpg

Mark Webber with his gift

p20070409Ferrari273-1.jpg

Scott Speed ' this plane is faster than our cars.....'

p20070409Ferrari282.jpg

The customer is always right

p20070409Ferrari318.jpg

Kinda goes to show that even with old planes, proper planning on the ground and great service in the air is still the key to passenger satisfaction. MasCharters is still the choice despite the cheaper prices and superior planes of the two big Es of Abu Dhabi and Dubai for this Bahrain Charter.

Cheers

Congratulation Capt nik and your team at MAS Charter.

I truly enjoyed the photos. I'm sure some these photos itself will attract new members to MalaysianWings, especially F1 lovers.

Ps. Was the photographer Armand? Lots of 'fish-eye' here.

Awesome Capt Nik! Great pictures. Well runned division. Hopefully MH will be as good as their charter division!

Keep them coming Capt Nik! Something we do not see always here or possible anywhere else. Were the drivers seated at Y ?

Kinda goes to show that even with old planes, proper planning on the ground and great service in the air is still the key to passenger satisfaction. MasCharters is still the choice despite the cheaper prices and superior planes of the two big Es of Abu Dhabi and Dubai for this Bahrain Charter.

Cheers

Agreed that a trouble free and great service will beat new planes and poor service most of the time. Noted from the photos, meals, souvenir, etc given on these charters is better than regular KUL/DXB service. If MH regular service can maintain similar service, believe most of us here will compliment MH.

It is a common perception that, charter is cheaper than regular service. If charter can afford to serve superior meals, give away souvenir, etc, why can’t MH regular do?

May be the next MD should considers putting Captain Nik in-charge of MH regular services.

:drinks:

I remember when I served business class passengers coffee in a cup and saucer not a cheap looking mug. The main course was plated right infront of them, served them ice-cream cassata. Fine cheese and fruits with port wine. At the end of the flight we proudly presented them a gift as a memento of the time with us in the air. Sure there wasn't VOD. There wasn't even inseat video screens. The seats didn't lie flat but I was so pround that we provided a business class service that more like first class on other airlines.

First class was crystal glassware and fine bone china. Every course was served and set in front of the passenger. Satay, caviar, oysters, hot soup......we even made the scramble eggs onboard. That was FIRST Class.

Capt Nik, I agree, old planes don't matter if the product is world class.

Edited by Alan B.

If OLD planes and good services are enough to lure F1 teams to choose MH, saya CABAR MasCharters to get the contract to bring in the F1 teams for SingTel Singapore Grand Prix this September.

If OLD planes and good services are enough to lure F1 teams to choose MH, saya CABAR MasCharters to get the contract to bring in the F1 teams for SingTel Singapore Grand Prix this September.

No need to cabar in bold. Maybe you don't know much about 5th or 6th freedom rights. Sometimes countries that claim to be open to business to in public are very protective in reality......

I don't just tembak to get Charter flights for cabar mencabar, that's stupid.

At MasCharters we study each Charter from a tangible and intangible angle, then look into the Regulatory and Operational viability scenario, thereafter align our resources before we decide if such a project is beneficial. The ability to do this within 24 hours is what sets us apart from other admired airlines in the region.

For instance, When we had Inter Milan asking us to operate a Europe - Asia Tour, we turned them down as FC Barcelona gave a better business case.

Here's Ronaldinho with a kebaya clad Charter crew.

IMG_0962.jpg

Nice pIctures Nik H :clapping: ..I thought Red Devils only for A Asia!..But..they choose MAS than A Asia .. :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: ...

The aicraft park at the main terminal rite?or the satellite terminal??

Nice pIctures Nik H :clapping: ..I thought Red Devils only for A Asia!..But..they choose MAS than A Asia .. :clapping: :clapping: :yahoo: ...

The aicraft park at the main terminal rite?or the satellite terminal??

Good question and thanks for asking.

Air Asia Pays Manchester United to have the players pasted on the brand new A320.

Manchester United Pays MasCharters to ride on our not so new ( ahem ) Jumbos.

One of the requirements for these high net worth individuals to fly as a group in an aircraft is a no fatality record over a decade. A few very admired airlines do not meet this criteria.

The Captain with the girls.

Mufc8.jpg

Full story to come soon.

Edited by Nik H.

No need to cabar in bold. Maybe you don't know much about 5th or 6th freedom rights. Sometimes countries that claim to be open to business to in public are very protective in reality......

I don't just tembak to get Charter flights for cabar mencabar, that's stupid.

So MasCharters is not allowed to submit 'quotation' due to the Singaporean government's civil aviation restrictions?

Considering MasCharters is having a GOOD business relationship with the F1 teams, it is pityful that they can't choose MasCharters to bring them in to and out of SIN. I am sure all this charters will surely resulting in profits to whoever fly them. Any component of F1 is a very lucrative business anyway.

Can MasCharters do something about the Singapore GP? The way I see it, if 5th and 6th freedom rights are to be the issue, can MasCharters route the team from FCO/MXP (after Italian GP in Monza) to SIN (for Singapore GP) via KUL? Call it for technical stop or whatever or it cannot be done as there are specific clause in the contract that the teams have to be flown in and out direct NON STOP? The same as well applies to ferry out the teams from SIN to NRT (for Japanese GP in Oyama) via BKI.

Because I see it as 'difficult' that's why I use the word CABAR. I am sorry if it sounded stupid. Or is it impossible by all means?

IF a charter SQ flight brings them in and out of SIN this year and they love it so much, and they don't mind to be flown in to KUL from MEL and out to BAH from KUL via SIN for the 2009 season, I think it will be a huge blow to MasCharters.

Maybe we are bidding, maybe we are not....who's to know except the relevant personnel in this business. Further discussion on this open forum of MasCharter's next move brings absolutely no added value.

You seem smart and knowledgeable but in this business, experience and wisdom also figures.

One of the requirements for these high net worth individuals to fly as a group in an aircraft is a no fatality record over a decade. A few very admired airlines do not meet this criteria.

Oh, that disqualifies SQ most definitely. They have to wait until at least 1 November 2010 to be qualified IF no other fatality happens to them from this point of time. Thank you so much for the information.

Oh, that disqualifies SQ most definitely. They have to wait until at least 1 November 2010 to be qualified IF no other fatality happens to them from this point of time. Thank you so much for the information.

So does this mean that MH only qualified after 2005?

And if an incident or accident happened resulting in casualties, future contracts are in jeopardy?

Separately, I wonder how many mainstream airlines, BA, EY, EK, SQ, etc bothered to have a dedicated charter division? It is like having a small "Privatair" within the entity whereby the entity focuses primarily on scheduled commercial services.

why MANUTD not choose AK? kesian Tony.. spend money to sponsor MANUTD..

Well Done MH!

p/s: Nik H muka abang hampir sama dengan DSIJ

I don't think its a case of kesian. I'm sure Datuk Tony has his strategies and reasons for investing in the tie up. He is after all an astute businessman. For MasCharter its a good business case and as long as its legal and ethical we'll fly anyone anywhere.

Great charter plane experience shared, Capt Nik :good: As what my VP calls me, the Ops teams' photographer, I took hundreds of photos of my colleagues in action during any special events. I really do appreciate the candid people shots and translating hundreds of them into a memorable story-like picture album, and I'm extremely grateful to be able to share yours.

Thank you for sharing!! :D

Thanks for sharing Capt Nik.

Great teamwork you have there to seal the contract. and nice pic :good:

p/s: Mr. Ferdinand really a tall guy.. hehehe.. MH crew look short... :pardon:

-cheers-

Sign in to follow this