MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Kee Hooi Yen

Which major airline has its current aircraft livery kept for the longest period of time ?

There are many major airlines in the world has changed their aircraft livery since their establishment. Some have changed for many times.

Which major airline has its current aircraft livery kept for the longest period of time ? Some of the them like SQ & QF has their current livery for more than 20 years i believe (though recently there are some minor change at its tail but these are not significant changes). AF maybe one of in the list ?

Edited by Kee Hooi Yen

Alitalia is one

American Airline is another which maintain the bare metal from the beginning.

Not Delta of course. Like they says, if Delta come out with new livery, it's means something not good.

MH about 21 years. Since 1987.

I think the old logo is much better. It has character and implies strength & resilience. :)

mas70s.gif

Just a thought, how cool will it be if MH paint one of it's plane in retro scheme, as a special livery. Something like what Lufthansa had done..

Edited by Walter Sim

How about:

- LOT Polish Airlines

- Lufthansa

- Air China (from the CAAC days, replaced the Communist 5 star flag with the Phoenix, basic design remains the same)

- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

- Lufthansa

Just a thought, how cool will it be if MH paint one of it's plane in retro scheme, as a special livery. Something like what Lufthansa had done..

I'm with you on this, especially use the Retro scheme on modern aircraft like 777-200 or A330-300 to show the contra.

Take a look at this example of retro. This model was planned to be released by Dragon Wings, but it was canceled due to license problem with American Airlines.

dw55713.jpg

American Airlines B777-200 Retro scheme. Looks good.

Azuddin

If MAS were to update their livery, I'd change the gray bottom half to white.

I imagine it would look much more 'clean' and solid.

How about:

- LOT Polish Airlines

- Lufthansa

- Air China (from the CAAC days, replaced the Communist 5 star flag with the Phoenix, basic design remains the same)

- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines

- Lufthansa

KLM is still in the process of changing from the "old" (= broad dark-blue stripe), to the "new" colours, so should be omitted here...

In Europe, I would say AF (1st Eurowhite appeared on the 727-200) and LO (1st 'current' colours appeared on 154M)...

If MAS were to update their livery, I'd change the gray bottom half to white.

I imagine it would look much more 'clean' and solid.

MAS likes grey bottom. They have the grey bottom on their old livery too

Sign in to follow this