MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Azri M.

Did Firefly crash landed at Subang

I just stumbled upon a forum...

Breaking News! Firefly Flight Crash Lands! OMG... My brother just called me up (21st Dec 2007, 1:40 pm) from Subang airport. His plane which was flying from Subang to Penang just crash-landed at Subang airport! icon_eek.gif

His 12:40 pm flight to Penang was on a Fokker turboprop which lost the LEFT engine 20 minutes into the flight. The pilot tried restarting the engine for 10 minutes but failed. He then turned the plane back and told the passengers they were returning to Subang. Right after that, the RIGHT engine cut out too! This time, he did not tell the passengers that they were out of engines.... icon_eek.gif

Fortunately, they managed to glide all the way back to Subang airport. But the plane landed so hard, the tyres burst on hitting the runway. The plane is now TOTALLED.

There is currently a BIG commotion at Subang airport where the passengers are all hysterical about what happened. Firefly claims the plane is brand-new and they REFUSE to provide any compensation, or transfer them to another airline. They are only going to replace the plane with another Fokker turboprop. icon_mad.gif

http://forums.techarp.com/adrian-wong/2352...html#post319728

Can someone verify this? Is this true??? I know this is sorta 2-3 weeks ago, but I din't hear anything though....

I think FY did have one engine problem and returned to SZB.

From The Star

But the second part, gliding back and having the aircraft totalled, is just writer's embellishment.

Highly doubt the authencity of the 'news'.

If FY F50 really crashed then we should've heard a heck lot of it, plus their schedule will be totally fouled up..

lol, i dont know what to believe. Try reading the forum posts. It seems that its a first hand account from his brother. But nevertheless, no pictures to back it up. And it seems that there maybe a cover up by the newspapers, hence no news. It maybe why SZB-JHB and SZB-KUA have been discontinued (this is my assumption only).

Emergency Landing, YES.

I think the writer doesn't know the terms. I doubt the story is real.

F50 is turboprop plane, the pax have eyes to judge whether the engine is running.

Yes, the plane blew up and exploded into smithereens. But the pax managed to scramble to safety and lived to tell their tales. They later continued their journey to Penang on Boeing A320.

To replace the totalled plane, FY just ordered a brand new Fokker 50, to be be delivered later this year.

Edited by Mushrif A

In this age of the Internet, camera phones, 3.5G, blogging, SMS, Akademi Fantasia, etc, it's extremely difficult to cover up this sort of (non) event. I'd give 2/10 for credibility. Good yarn though.

Yes, the plane blew up and exploded into smithereens. But the pax managed to scramble to safety and lived to tell their tales. They later continued their journey to Penang on Boeing A320.

To replace the totalled plane, FY just ordered a brand new Fokker 50, to be be delivered later this year.

I prefer to read Mushrif's version of the cocked-up story.

I think the funny part was the brand new Fokker 50, might as well mention brand new Fokker 50 made in Bandung, Indonesia to be delivered next month :huh:

Might also write But the pax managed to eject to safety and landed by parachute at Subang Airport runway and lived to tell their tales

Edited by Fitri Shukri

..... I'd give 2/10 for credibility .....

Then you're either amazingly generous (to a fault perhaps) or incredibly gullible !! :p :)

Edited by BC Tam

Then you're either amazingly generous (to a fault perhaps) or incredibly gullible !! :p :)

Hehehe ... and who would have thought that an ancient seismic fault line passing by Bukit Tinggi is now starting to wake up? So close to KL which also has a dormant fault line, and as one academic said:

"If the Bukit Tinggi line is reactivated, Kuala Lumpur's fault line can be reactivated too."

Better stay away from Firefly and KLCC! :D

Actually a firefly was killed when it was hit by the F 50 during it's emergency landing.

According to a reliable source.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

But environmentalist would be upset...

Azri, are un sure 'this' flight from SZB to PEN?. i try to ask my friend in subang, he told about this 'case'.

read this (same with abg radzi post above)

The Star: Saturday December 22, 2007

Plane forced to fly back to Subang

PETALING JAYA: A Firefly flight to Kuala Terengganu returned to the Subang airport shortly after take-off because the flight captain noticed an irregularity in one of the engine’s functions.

Flight FY3210 carrying 48 passengers departed at 12.40pm yesterday. When the captain noticed the irregularity, he decided to return to Subang at 1pm.

The airline said in a statement that passengers were provided with snacks and refreshments before they were transferred to another Firefly aircraft to Kuala Terengganu. The plane left at 4.35pm.

Firefly’s managing director Eddy Leong apologised to the passengers for the disruption. “We wish to stress that passenger safety is our top priority and we will not compromise this aspect in our operations at all times,” he said.

Leong did not say what the “engine function irregularity” was.

Edited by M. Sofian H.

Actually a firefly was killed when it was hit by the F 50 during it's emergency landing.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

joke of the day!

that reliable source must be from Animal Planet or National Geography!! :rofl:

Good one!

haha..you should have stressed the word ONE..good one! :lol:

btw when are the new ATRs coming in?and the statement in the star did mention about snacks given to passengers..

Edited by iwan

An full or partial engine failure on a multi engine performance 'A' aircraft is not an emergency situation unless it is due to uncontrollable fire or propeller related malfunction. It is just a 'urgent' situation that requires a landing at an suitable airfield.

This 'crash landing' thing must be from a 'reliable source' confirmed by 'certain quarters' as reported by an 'unnamed insider' related by a friend of a friend who heard it from his cousin.

What a crock of s@#t.

An full or partial engine failure on a multi engine performance 'A' aircraft is not an emergency situation unless it is due to uncontrollable fire or propeller related malfunction. It is just a 'urgent' situation that requires a landing at an suitable airfield.

This 'crash landing' thing must be from a 'reliable source' confirmed by 'certain quarters' as reported by an 'unnamed insider' related by a friend of a friend who heard it from his cousin.

What a crock of s@#t.

Very clear explanation! GOOD. I give 5 star :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Sign in to follow this