MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
Hon Kit

Airasia X to Hangzhou!

Airasia X is flying to Hangzhou! Flight commercing on Febuary 4. 5 times weekly. With only 1 plane , flying 2 destination . Can Airasia X do it? Or new plane arriving in this febuary? hmm..

Airasia X is flying to Hangzhou! Flight commercing on Febuary 4. 5 times weekly. With only 1 plane , flying 2 destination . Can Airasia X do it? Or new plane arriving in this febuary? hmm..

Only one plane... They have been flying to Gold Coast and Dhaka (charter), and there seems to be no problem. Now KUL-Dhaka has been stopped, thats why Hangzhou destination appears.

wonder when AAX get their 1st brand new AirBus? :rolleyes:

AirAsiaX is known as XAX/D7,not AAX.R/T is XANADU.First A330-343 (RR engine) is planned to arrive in Sept 08,while the second aircraft will be in Nov 08.As far as the charter flight to DAC,its still ongoing untill at least Mar 08,infact tomorrow (16/01/08) Im doing D7 2992 KUL/DAC/KUL with an ETD at 0830H and on Sat (19/01/08) will be doing D7 2994 with an ETD at 1735H.

How could D7 does 3 routes at the same time, KL-Gold Coast 4 times a day, KL-Hangzhou 5 times a day, how about KL-Dhaka? I dont see how they can squeeze the time.

Do you guys notice, that the add ons option on D7 have changed? No more prepay on amenity kits. I guess its not making money huh?

And, the luggage add-ons has become cheaper? Last time, any addition after 15 KG is RM20 per kg. Now, every KG is worth RM5 up til 20 KG, and then become RM10 per kg until it becomes 25 kg. Not bad.

Btw, Azmir, you may want to tell AirAsia webmaster, when you look under "Snack Attack", there is a link to AirAsia and AirAsia X food. In there you will see a link to "AAX Food", and "AAX Beverage" (i.e. http://www.airasia.com/site/my/en/snackAttack.jsp), It can be a bit confusing there, prefer them to use full name before making a fool of themselves.

Thats all...:D

how the hell are they going to run those routes on one plane?

TF is just pushing it too far...all for the sake of money.

How could D7 does 3 routes at the same time, KL-Gold Coast 4 times a day, KL-Hangzhou 5 times a day, how about KL-Dhaka?

I believe you meant the frequencies as "per week" instead ? :D

I believe you meant the frequencies as "per week" instead ? :D

OOPS,,,, Per week of course... :D

Another thing to notice, you can now prepay food for the normal AirAsia flight as well... I think that's a very good thing.

CORRECTION: Only on AK routes. (not in FD/QZ at the moment)

Edited by Azri M.

I was very occupied last night so missed the sprint race to get the MYR 99 ticket to HGH. I was thinking of flying on every D7's destinations on the inaugural flight, but... :(

From my searched, the only available pairing for the cheapest fares is only available for outbound trip on 1 March 2008 and inbound trip on 18 March 2008. The cheapest fares for a return trip after tax and surcharges (but without any add ons) is MYR 650.98. Breakdown of the fares are as follows:

HGH.jpg

Quite expensive I think considering the cheapest return airfares to Gold Coast (OOL) on the inaugural flight was MYR 773.

The distance between KUL-HGH-KUL is 4,507 (2,253 x 2) miles while KUL-OOL-KUL is 8,085 (4,043 x 2) miles.

That makes a passenger has to pay MYR 0.14 (650.98/4,507) for each miles flown to Hangzhou, as compared to only MYR 0.10 (773/8,085) for each miles flown to Gold Coast.

However, when comparing with MH's flight to PVG on the same date, it will cost one MYR 2,128 (H fare = 70% Enrich miles eligibility). D7 flight is way much cheaper, with a saving of MYR 1,477.02. That's a lot of $ that can be used to bring along 2 more family members/friends along on the trip on D7, with still MYR 175.06 to spare! :)

How could D7 does 3 routes at the same time, KL-Gold Coast 4 times a day, KL-Hangzhou 5 times a day, how about KL-Dhaka? I dont see how they can squeeze the time.

Do you guys notice, that the add ons option on D7 have changed? No more prepay on amenity kits. I guess its not making money huh?

And, the luggage add-ons has become cheaper? Last time, any addition after 15 KG is RM20 per kg. Now, every KG is worth RM5 up til 20 KG, and then become RM10 per kg until it becomes 25 kg. Not bad.

Btw, Azmir, you may want to tell AirAsia webmaster, when you look under "Snack Attack", there is a link to AirAsia and AirAsia X food. In there you will see a link to "AAX Food", and "AAX Beverage" (i.e. http://www.airasia.com/site/my/en/snackAttack.jsp), It can be a bit confusing there, prefer them to use full name before making a fool of themselves.

Thats all...:D

Sure Azri,Ill pass that to Snack Attack management.The latest on the KUL/DAC/KUL charters,AirAsiaX will stop using the A330 for the flight to DAC with the final flight at the end of this month so as to enable the aircraft to be utilised on the flights to HGH.Meanwhile the charter flights to DAC will be done with A320 equipment with a daily flight instead off 4 times a week.

I'm wondering if the team at D7 has taken into consideration the weather factor at Chinese airports. Most places have this misty/hazy atmosphere, particularly at airports and during winter season

After my recent experience of being diverted away from Hangzhou Xiaoshan (I reckon total delay was about 7 hours) due to fog, I dread to think what chaotic knock on effects a similar incident would wreak upon D7's schedule of operations, what with it's single bird at the moment

first flight took off today. and i was told it was hotel echo that carried the pax. so what's up with the 330?

The info that you got there is totally off the mark.It was done by XAA.Flown by 2 Capts and 1 FO (Capts Azhan and Omar Shuib).I know that for sure because I flew back XAA from OOL today and saw the names of both Capts for the flight to HGH in the aircrafts MR 1.And I met Capt Azhan today at the Ops room before leaving home after flight from OOL.

just received the sms from Air Asia X for the tomorrow flight from Hangzhou to Kul has been cancelled and change to 5 september 2008, is that any problem for the aircraft?

Sign in to follow this