MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Sign in to follow this  
marcusaffleck

MH decreased frequency

This is the mail i emailed to MH :(

Good day,

I have some comments on Malaysia Airlines.

Firstly, I seriously thinks that Malaysia Airlines is going down hill day by day. One important point to support my view is the axing of some routes and reduced frequency. Malaysia Airlines should focus on premium passengers and not leisure based passengers. Premium passengers needs frequency & service. Take KUL-DXB as an example, MH is flying to Dubai with A330, a very poor product on both Economy and Business. EK is flying with B777-300ER, with excellent product on both Y class and J class. Moreover, the frequency of MH is just 7 times weekly with onward flights to IST. But EK is flying 9 times weekly to KUL without any onward flight, and ever since EK started serving KUL, EK is making money and ever expanding. Moreover, MH has been serving Zurich for 19 odd years, and never tell me MH never made a single sen on this route? If it is, why SQ is adding one more flight to ZRH while MH is pulling out? I believe this route is definitely profitable provided there is enough frequency. SQ never adds another flight without proper research. Back on topic, your can simply reply me with the message, WE ARE SHORTAGE OF PLANE, that's not the way. In order for MH to look profitable after the BTP, MH sold planes. That's why your are shortage of planes for increased frequency. Furthermore, lets bring LHR and EWR into topic. LHR is definitely profitable if MH can manage well. While other airlines are asking for slots at LHR, MH is lowering its frequency. Too bad for Malaysia airlines if they still wants to serve many destinations, but with low frequency. SIA is adding another flight to Sydney, MH used to be the leader in Australasia market, but now it seems more and more airlines are taking over. MH just needs frequency to build up a strong brand. Although for the past few years MH is loss making, but it has successfully built up a brand, creating a benchmark in service excellency. Not for now.

MH has long talking about purchasing new planes, press release says MH will decide by December 2007, yet till today, no news from MH. If MH still wants to stick to 5 Star Airline with LCC cost, i felt sorry for MH, MH is planning for a suicide. Even now i wouldn't want to take MH on regional routes. MH no longer serve hot meals anymore, and service drops, MH is not at par with other international brands like SQ, TG, EK and EY, last time I so proud of MH as they are among the best in the world, but not now anymore. I can see MH takes those awards granted, for example the best cabin crew award & 5 Star Airline. MH uses them as advertising gimmick but not for internal motivation so that MH can always having the Best Cabin Crew and a 5 Star Airline.

MH HAS TO CHANGE ITS STRATEGY

I wish to receive reply from anyone concerned. Moreover, I would be glad if this mail can be forwarded to Idris Jala, since he always said he is open to comments. I am extremely depressed as no replies has been made to me no matter how many comments and suggestions has been made. Sad Case.

P.S. Mr Idris Jala, you are no longer where you operate O&G company where service is not important, you are running an REPUTABLE Airline

I agreed to what u had just said...and i really salute to you for emailing your concern to the MH management. From my experience, MAS is always slow to respond to the market needs and the trend. Take for example is the refurnishment of the aircraft's cabin and fleet renewal. Sad to say that it really makes Malaysian a complete ashame <_>

Airline DINOSAURS, thats what MH is all about now... road to extinction... <_>

Sign in to follow this