MalaysianWings - Malaysia's Premier Aviation Portal
Ignatius

Kuching Intl Spotting Pixies...

TUDM I presume?

who gets to ride in these?

The B200T are maritime patrol airplanes operated by No.16 Sqn RMAF Subang..The callsign Kenchana that means its on an operational mission.

REMINDERTomorrow 757-28A G-OOBA will arrive ex- SYD on the Captain's Choice Tour of Asia. It departs SYD at 1000LT (3hrs ahead of KCH) so I presume an arrival somewhere in the vicinity of 1400LT KCH seems reasonable.(Not quite as exciting a G-OJIB, the Iron Maiden schemed 757 due in Perth next week!)
First Choice Airlines being chartered by Captain Choice Tour, it ryhmes :D I'll nail it , eta is around 1445, but we'll camp early
The B200T are maritime patrol airplanes operated by No.16 Sqn RMAF Subang..The callsign Kenchana that means its on an operational mission.
I c, didn't know about that... thanks for the extended info.. :drinks:

I guess they decided not to bring Sydneys summer sun along to Kuching.... ended with shots that are better not taken with, but had to click on still, Delta had a decent shower through out the approach... Cursing and mumbling, it was sunny few hours back right until noon <_ i am so frustrated is lee a few hundreds meters behind me on another spot.. hope get sun her departure... just great rain and it still now src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_mad.gif" alt=":angry:">

800DSC6459.jpg

800DSC6461.jpg

800DSC6466.jpg

Hope Lee has a better angle :pardon: I'm still mad :aggressive: :aggressive: :aggressive:

don't mad... don't mad... bad lighting, but ur Delta still serve you well... :clapping: :clapping: got nice vortex somemore... :drinks:

Edited by Samuel Chy

The WX..... :nea:

here comes mine.....

P1290719.jpg

P1290725.jpg

P1290728.jpg

Hotel Golf....

P1290737.jpg

P1290740.jpg

see you again on Thursday GOOBA :rolleyes:

no more rain on departure day pls.... :aggressive:

youhu..

well done u two...how is it?? enjoy your heavy shower there while i went shopping??haha..

dont mad la...CNY coming ma..wet wet day is normal lo...

Wilber, join us lah, showering in a group feels fun....esp with Cameras in hand <_>

Alien Hantu Ghost, Capt did waved at us, I guess he felt famous after the BKI incident hehehe :pardon: Lousy weather!!!

800DSC6501.jpg

Iggy,

Don't be mad: given the circumstances, these pictures are stunning - nice vortices too...

Even Hotel-Golf is 'blinking' at you :pardon:

So boring yesterday, so went to airpot and did some snap snap ... nothing special, just 734

CSC_3370.jpg

CSC_3371.jpg

CSC_3372.jpg

CSC_3374.jpg

CSC_3375.jpg

CSC_3376.jpg

DSC_3366.jpg

Edited by Nizam

So boring yesterday, so went to airpot and did some snap snap ... nothing special, just 734

I thought PC5678 came in yesterday around 5 pm left this morning for sibu Eurcopter i think from pontinak left for sibu this morning

Is it me or is it really depressing...why la KCH so little international flights...just saw that BKI has travellator and a really nice terminal...KCH pula....aduh...alang-alang je...so sad.if you ask me...gate A-3 should be double in size and gate 7,8,9 should have a 1 directional travellator on the 3rd floor after immigration for departure, while another 1 directional travellator on the lower floor to ease passengers arriving from gate 8 and 9 on their way to the arrival hall. Back in the 90's...i would wait for the arrival of Dragonair, RBA and MAS DC10 to Seoul and Narita.There was even a B734 flying between KCH to Manila and onwards to Taipei.Then The KCH-KUL-Frankfurt,KCH-Perth and SYD-KCH.I was even on the SYD-KCH flight.We arrived like 3.30 in the morning.At Sydney airport, i was told that 56 pax were disembarking in KCH.The airport stayed opened for us!!Ahhh....those were the days...kesian la KCH...what can we do to entice more airlines to fly into KCH???in 2000 when SIA ceased their SIN-KCH vv, I wrote to Silkair,telling them to fly into KCH.their reply was "due to political reasons" they are unable to do so???And now they fly daily to KCH...go figure...I even wrote to HK Express and Virgin Blue,HK Express never reply, DJ said "check their website for new routes" and wish me all the best in my studies...HELP!!Im depress!Crazy kan??Thank god for RBA and Batavia and Silk or else...Kuching International Airport should change into "KUCHING SEMI-INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT".Happy for org Sabah bah...tapi....org SARAWAK dianak-tiri kan la!

Edited by Pieter C.

Bro, u n i same boat lah, its really sad to spot planes in kch when there's nothing new to spot... thats why we only go spot when we know something is coming in like CZ, Capt Choice Tour, Vim Airlines, and many other un-scheduled/chartered flights... wished it was on a scheduled basis, so we can always see them come every now and then.. but in kch, its a game of hide and seek with these rare international routes...

Yeah.. Bki's upgrade is fair enough because they have those kind of traffic, ours??? I don't know why they upgrade it to such state with no improvement in flight traffic what more to say other airlines... Ministry of Tourism is sleeping i reckon... <_>

Bro, u n i same boat lah, its really sad to spot planes in kch when there's nothing new to spot... thats why we only go spot when we know something is coming in like CZ, Capt Choice Tour, Vim Airlines, and many other un-scheduled/chartered flights... wished it was on a scheduled basis, so we can always see them come every now and then.. but in kch, its a game of hide and seek with these rare international routes... Yeah.. Bki's upgrade is fair enough because they have those kind of traffic, ours??? I don't know why they upgrade it to such state with no improvement in flight traffic what more to say other airlines... Ministry of Tourism is sleeping i reckon... <_>So sad....btw whats VIM...excuse my ignorance...got pic???appriciate it alot.TQ
So sad....btw whats VIM...excuse my ignorance...got pic???appriciate it alot.TQ
Va..va..its Russian...I C...got meh?never see leh...my bro studies in Russia...wonder if he could get a direct flight from Moscow??HAHAHAHAHAH!!

before the "earth-quack", did you guys complain about BKI? <_ i think no since your place also got many international connection. how about pen and lgk>

why don't thought it as "an attraction" of each airport? KCH got Batavia, and Hornbill; BKI got Dragon Air, and FAT (hope i didn't missed out other interesting traffic, from the view of spotter, and don't ask me to dream about at night got sufficient lighting to take pix). other traffics also "commonly available" on both, BKI and KCH.

regarding the charter flights, isn't KCH got more pre-informed charter flight than BKI? maybe is we too lazy to look for the charter flight la. :pardon:

please kindly correct me if i did any mistake on my statement. :) :drinks:

before the "earth-quack", did you guys complain about BKI? <_ i think no since your place also got many international connection. how about pen and lgk>

why don't thought it as "an attraction" of each airport? KCH got Batavia, and Hornbill; BKI got Dragon Air, and FAT (hope i didn't missed out other interesting traffic, from the view of spotter, and don't ask me to dream about at night got sufficient lighting to take pix). other traffics also "commonly available" on both, BKI and KCH.

regarding the charter flights, isn't KCH got more pre-informed charter flight than BKI? maybe is we too lazy to look for the charter flight la. :pardon:

Ehhh,... we're just complaining our airport extension is just a big waste of money... hahha...

Bki and Kch in comparison?? Big difference.. traffic wise, airline wise, spotting wise... everything Bki is alot better... so you should be proud to live in Bki Sam... syiok placelah.. kch??? Well good place to eat kolo mee only kakakakak... :rofl:

no no...not complaining abt BKI or Sabah,just that we here in KCH dun get as much "stuffs" like in KK.U know...SWK dun even have Burger King...i mean how sad???We are kinda behind la....that's all im saying.Good that BKI has many int flights, i mean 2 korean airlines,connection to HKG,Taiwan,Japan???Kuching??not as much!!

Hey Iggy...saw todays paper??State's 2nd Int Airport is in Mukah!!Hahaha! and yeah...thanks for the VIM and CZ.Appriciate it!

no no...not complaining abt BKI or Sabah,just that we here in KCH dun get as much "stuffs" like in KK.U know...SWK dun even have Burger King...i mean how sad???We are kinda behind la....that's all im saying.Good that BKI has many int flights, i mean 2 korean airlines,connection to HKG,Taiwan,Japan???Kuching??not as much!!

Hey Iggy...saw todays paper??State's 2nd Int Airport is in Mukah!!Hahaha! and yeah...thanks for the VIM and CZ.Appriciate it!

Haha, nah, didnt get the papers today... , but why Mukah?? who'd want to fly Mukah as part of their destination when Kch itself is so cold?? hehehe.. Thanx to CM's hometown...

Do you go to the airport to spot planes sometimes??? We could hang out if the rare ones come to town... expect lots of CZ next week as the charter flights will return by then.. Last year i think we have Xiamen, but not sure this year we have one or not, we don't have info's from the airport.. how sad <_ we only rely on our hardworking virtual tower and from time to my own scanner src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_pardon.gif" alt=":pardon:">

malaysian 6450 reg TF-ARN came in at 0530 left for Kinabalu 0730 cargo?? 747??

Correct, TF-ARN is the leased 742F from Air Atlanta Icelandic for MASKargo.

BTW, any KCHer is free on 9th April? Looking for spotting companions :p